Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Stormin' Norman's MNRL Season 5 Race 5, DRM Race Info- Nurburgring Sprint (Nov.28th)

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beck View Post
    Any possibility of extending the racing with this mod? I really like the cars, just couldn't find the time after the move.
    Not this time.
    Grid numbers have been pretty low, and we are currently looking at changing a few things up a bit (possibly) for next year.
    After these current series are completed, there will be a few "fun events" to finish out the year (possibly some experimentation involved in that)....we are looking towards the future and are in the planning phases of some things, at this time.

In the coming weeks, I will be creating a few polls here, along with a bit of a proposal for the MNRL crew. So, watch the forums for updates.

Also, watch for pm, Scott. I've been meaning to get up with you and need to ask you a little something.
    Marc Cohn and Jon Uyan like this.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

Got ya
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR
    www.rothmans-racing.com

oldnslo is offline Bob Roberson

Finally got my old PC up and running. I went online for some much needed practice but I got the message "CAPRI.HDV mismatch will be kicked off race" It's been a while since I've raced so maybe I missed some patch or something ?
    Someone want to bring me up to date ?
    Thanks Bob "oldnslo" Roberson

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslo View Post
    Finally got my old PC up and running. I went online for some much needed practice but I got the message "CAPRI.HDV mismatch will be kicked off race" It's been a while since I've raced so maybe I missed some patch or something ?
    Someone want to bring me up to date ?
    Thanks Bob "oldnslo" Roberson
    DRM Patch [ATT: ALL DRM DRIVERS!]

Yes, there was a small DRM patch, Bob.
    Check the link above, you'll find it there in the opening post.

Good to have you back, see you Tuesday

(ETA: The reason you couldn't find it is we moved it off the stuck threads list to stop some clutter. It's included in the primary DRM download now, so potential new drivers would be up to date if/when they downloaded it. The patch was for those, like yourself, who had already downloaded the original version of the mod)
    Scott Beck and faspit like this.

oldnslo is offline Bob Roberson

Thanks Jason. I got on without any problems.
    Scott Beck and Jason Whited like this.

Bit sparse on the footage with this particular one, it seems. Dug around a bit, but came up fairly empty for anything of decent quality.
    This one will have to do...just a little something to get us going for tonight.

Did I mention, I HATE this track. Absolutely hate it...lol. Which, means I love it even more, in that "I'm frustrated with this track, it is challenging, but let's roll" kind of way...(doublespeak?)

By the way, who paved this place?
    Anyone got any solutions for that bumpy sector of track headed into T1? I'm bouncing all over the place through there, and a few other places. Can't seem to rectify it.

Haven't had a lot of time to practice and it looks like I'm quite a bit off the pace. Yikes!
    And to boot, after tugging around on some fairly massive logs yesterday for hours, I've developed quite the nasty case of stiffness in my neck :/
    So practice time for me is probably going to be slim unless I can get this to release soon. Muscle relaxers and pain killers down the hatch before the first cup of coffee made it down...we'll see.

Man, if this is "getting old".....just let me die young. To hell with this sheet! LOL
    Marc Cohn likes this.

Brette Brooks is offline New Member - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Bit sparse on the footage with this particular one, it seems. Dug around a bit, but came up fairly empty for anything of decent quality.
    This one will have to do...just a little something to get us going for tonight.

That's a decent video considering it is an original from back in the day they ran these cars. But some people have preserved a lot of these cars and they run them in historic races almost every year. That includes at the Nurburgring. Below are some historic racing videos recorded in more recent years that feature many of these cars at the Nurburgring, albeit on one of the longer layouts.

1. One of my favs is this one that shows the Zakspeed Capri Turbo. Not just from one spot on the track. This includes a lot of in car footage in two different 2012 races as the driver (Peter Z.) tries to keep up with a some really fast Porsche 935s. You can see him dialing in the turbo boost on the dash occasionally. Presumably to try and stay within range of the fastest Porsche on the long stretches. He catches up well in the twisty bits.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScNCjLFDHyM

2. This one is longer and shows a larger field mix (groups 4 thru 6?). Two races again. Some in car footage. More coverage of the Porsches and BMWs in these two 2008 historic races. Includes a few spins and some mechanical drop outs. Very interesting mix of cars. Some I have seen/driven in GT Legends and GTR2 P&G Mods.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggfFFZNU38

Enjoy watching and give it a go tonight in MNRL!
    Marc Cohn and Jason Whited like this.

Yes, there's certainly plenty of more modern footage to be had and given this is a "revival" series on modern layouts it's certainly fitting.
    I was more or less focused on looking for footage from the days of old, but in retrospect could have been posting some of these modern races. Guess I've never really felt like they were laying it all out there in these type of races, given the cars are now quite valuable and most aren't going to push them to their limits like they would have back then. ....then again, that first video has some decent racing going on and it doesn't appear taking it easy is any part of that one. Perhaps not laying it completely out, but nontheless, some good ride along footage for sure. (Those sounds though!!!)

....thanks for posting those, Brette.

I'm starting to feel a bit compelled to attempt to race tonight. Honestly, I was about to come over here and bail out. In quite a bit of pain with my neck and upper back at the moment, and to top it off, the fast food I had on the fly early today decided to try to kill me. Just about as sick as I've been in quite some time at the moment....blah!

No real practice to speak of...no real pace...but I get that "bug" when I watch footage like this. And the racing is always so good in these, I'm hard pressed not to just suck it up for a few hours if I can.
    I'll be there (suckered me in....hehe)....you guys will probably be lapping me, but I'll cruise whether I find any pace or not. If you see me take it and park it, you'll know why, but I'm going to give it a go. Who knows, might catch that "second wind" (or would that be a first wind since I've been relatively useless today?) and take off racing. ...doubtful, but guess we'll see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12