Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By Gilles Lalonde
  • 2 Post By aaron page
  • 2 Post By Scott Beck
  • 1 Post By AngeloRacer
  • 2 Post By faspit
  • 7 Post By Jason Whited
  • 2 Post By AngeloRacer

Thread: Snow is coming in next Automobilista build !!!!

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Default Snow is coming in next Automobilista build !!!!

Snow is coming in next Automobilista build !!!!
    Marc Cohn likes this.

aaron page is offline Established Member

Gee, that's what I need---less surface adhesion?!!!!
    Scott Beck and Tom like this.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

Same here. I hope the cars have chains we can put on!
    Tom and aaron page like this.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Guys, just to clarify...its gonna be just one track with snow on it, just like the dirt tracks. You cant apply the snow to other tracks.

I will test it when its released, but if this works fine, the potential to do rain conditions is there. Too bad Reiza will not work on that, only for their next title, I guess.
    HeatCAN likes this.

faspit is offline Frank Speer

We have raced in Snow, hail, and freezing rain at Blackhawk Farms and Road America years back with SCCA and Midwest Counsel. These were the early spring race or the late fall race except the hail was in Aug at RA.

we use to race our motocross bikes on the frozen lakes in southern Wisconsin when I was young and dumb. Explains my current knee and back problems a bit too.
    Tom and aaron page like this.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

I am the only one thoroughly unimpressed by a bit of snow on one course?

I suppose every once in a while some marketing tactics are necessary to bring in new users, but let's be honest, that's all it is.....marketing outside the typical AMS user base.
    Rain and/or snow effects = simply less grip in rF. Same will apply here. (By the way, it can already be tested if you have the season pass. Enable beta and it'll be there)
    Snow/ice/rain...even dust and dirt, in the real world does not just equal less grip. There's a million different things going on in those conditions. A million things that this game engine will never properly simulate. Ever!
    Just a novelty and for the hardcore simracer I cannot begin to imagine how this would occupy such a person for more than about 5 minutes.
    "Oh, AMS has snow? COOOL" *heads off to snowy course, slides around. "well, that was fun" *escapes AMS and heads for Dirt Rally where the snow/ice/rain/mud is much cooler!

*Heads back into AMS, bumps car ahead....
    Now driving car in anger...."hey Reiza, why don't you work on the collision system in AMS?"...."oh, right, you spent all that time putting snow on a course for the crash kiddies"

In the next title, perhaps. But in the current title...never. gonna. happen. properly.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Im not impressed either...lol.
    I will test it just to see how the effect works, but its not my thing, pretty sure.

Just curious and maybe some brave (really brave!) soul can take thoses lessons and develop a rainy system for the Sim. It may not be completely realistic, but if its something like GTR2 up to AMS standards, it can be quite cool.
    But deep down inside I know this will never happen.
    Tom and faspit like this.

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Im not impressed either...lol.
    I will test it just to see how the effect works, but its not my thing, pretty sure.

Just curious and maybe some brave (really brave!) soul can take thoses lessons and develop a rainy system for the Sim. It may not be completely realistic, but if its something like GTR2 up to AMS standards, it can be quite cool.
    But deep down inside I know this will never happen.
    Yeah...BUT (and maybe you have to be a bit older now to know this--like us)...but this might help us polish our snowmobiling skills in sims (assuming we get a mod). Way too late to follow the Gilles Villeneuve career path from Snowmobile racing to F1 [at least in my case], but it can't be denied he developed some serious skills most of his competitors in F1 just didn't have.