Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Road Atlanta (Porshe IROC) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Gilles Lalonde is online now Established Member

Ah... as long as don"t argue with your other self... it's ok...
    Tom and Jason Whited like this.

Joe Miller is online now Senior Member

Final Points are at the top.
    Trophy pics to come. Check back later.

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post
    Well, Chris, if your steering wasn't working so well, you should have raced anyway, and had some fun with those of us in the back third of the pack :-)
    You would not have wanted to be near me. It was as though it (the steering) was trying to bite me in the A$$ and kill everyone near me at the same time too.

When you have to come up with one global profile to fit a whole slew of widely differing commercial wheels, I think this will always be a problem.

This is also why major car companies employ talented people--Chris Amon and Vic Elford both had these kind of jobs both while racing and after they had retired from the tracks--to come up with drive-able setups for their faster and slower...more pedestrian...road cars both.

If the common ground is the car itself, you can do this right. If the common ground is fifty-thousand different cockpits, monitors, pedals, buttons boxes and even projectors--it will be pretty difficult to find ONE setting...or one RealFeel setup...which works for all.

I'm not faulting the people at AMS. I'm just saying it's...difficult.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 04-09-2018 at 10:47 PM.

HeatCAN is offline Tom Mountjoy

Congrats to all!

-See You On Track!

jham is offline Jerry Hamilton

The 1974 Porsche IROC series did not start auspiciously. In fact, at the beginning I was wondering whether to stick with it.

First there was the matter of the car. My request to the team was for an all-black, number 13, with a skull and crossbones on it. But nooooo. They told me to hop into an all-white, number 52, with a frickiní smiley face. Seriously? At least it didnít have my real age on it.

Then there was the matter of keeping it on the race track. No brakes, didnít go where pointed, and touching the accelerator sent it in circles. Whoopie!

So I sent our race engineer out to beg for setup ideas every race (thanks to all the fast guys who generously shared their expertise ). The result was named the Frankenstein setup Ė a little piece of this, a little piece of that, and a lot of throwing crap up against a wall to see what stuck. Ultimately, it wasnít fast but it mostly stayed on the racing surface.

Then came a surprise. I wasnít point watching until the next to last race. Wow - I had a shot at the Seniorís Championship. Got lucky and pulled it off. Iím humbled to accept the ďOldnSloĒ Trophy; named after one of our finest. I hear itís a shiny, chrome walker with dangling fuzzy dice. Canít wait to give that sucker a workout.

Seriously, big thanks to everyone at CMS/MNRL who put this racing series together. And big thanks to all the participating drivers who make racing in this league fun and challenging.
    Last edited by jham; 04-18-2018 at 07:22 PM.
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

HeatCAN is offline Tom Mountjoy

I tried to give you a run for your money, but you kicked butt! Congrats to you and Angelo!!
    jham and AngeloRacer like this.

-See You On Track!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234