Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Road Atlanta (Porshe IROC) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

aaron page is offline Established Member

Well, Chris, if your steering wasn't working so well, you should have raced anyway, and had some fun with those of us in the back third of the pack :-)
    Christopher Snow likes this.

Brette Brooks is offline Established Member

BTW guys... while we were preparing to throw the 911 RSRs around Road Atlanta the fastest we could, there were some very well heeled racing enthusiasts doing the same in real life. All with some very exotic machinery. Some so capable they were taking shots at a new track record. And one got it done in a big way. The driver had an advantage since he was a former competitor and test driver for the manufacturer. Interested enough to look? Check out the video below... should show up in the first 2.5 minutes of attempts. Recognize the car and driver now?

The new track record (even the old one for that matter) will make your jaw drop compared to even Angelo's pole time. Makes us look like a bunch of NYC Cabbies bouncing around in our little 911 RSRs. With all that said, I'd still like a shot at driving the Brumos 911 RSR around there in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5eDIQpF20

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Brette Brooks; 04-06-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Gilles Lalonde is online now Established Member

Awesome Brette ! Thx.

All poor people...

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Jason and Joe, on the final standings there is a mistake.

Jimmy Regan and JImmy Regan are the same person, and are classified as diferent ones.
    Jason Whited likes this.

Jason Whited is online now Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post

Jimmy Regan and JImmy Regan are the same person, and are classified as diferent ones.
    Yeah, I see that now.
    We'll fix it shortly. I think I had that fixed but roles swapped a bit on points keeping and a new analyzer file was built and it was apparently overlooked.
    Thanks for noticing and saying something, Angelo.

Jimmy Regan is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brette Brooks View Post
    I lost my main competitor early when Jimmy R spun behind me in T1.

Scanning the replay it looked like JR came in T1 hotter than me and checked up just enough to spin into one of those barriers you don't think about until you see it coming at you. Got to give him a load of credit for following that up with smartly assessing the damage, pitting to fix it, then driving the rest of the race with no nose or hood on his car, like every lap was money in the bank. In fact, he was doing very good laps with those handicaps. Total respect for those actions of realism, car control and competitive spirit. Keep an eye on him to populate some future podiums.

Hope all had fun! I sure did. And I hope to see you all again in future racing series.
    Thanks Brett. That is exactly what happened in T1 and I was cursing myself for doing that. I figured it was only lap 2 or 3 of a 45 minute race so if i could get back to the pits I would repair what I could and hope for the best. So after a long sit in the pits I just tried to calm myself and focus on catching anybody I could. The car was driving very well after the repairs so I felt pretty good. I was really looking forward to battling with you since our quali times were so close but oh well. There is always next season.

I also was very happy with finishing 7th overall this season.
    Last edited by Jimmy Regan; 04-06-2018 at 07:23 PM.
    aaron page and Brette Brooks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post

Good lookin' out Angelo.
    AngeloRacer likes this.

Gilles Lalonde is online now Established Member

@Jimmy

I don't understand, what do you mean by "finishing 7th overall this season" ?

Jason Whited is online now Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    @Jimmy

Jimmy's listed as two different people because of a typo in his name when he first joined us.
    The data has not yet been fixed. It will be altered and reposted officially in the days to come one race review is done finalizing things.
    I have removed that data from this thread to save any questions or error reports. It is unofficial data at this time.

In a few days the final data will be released and championship "trophies" and such handed out.
    I have added a link to the results from live racers for this race alone. The rest will be replaced as soon as race review completes their review of the final race.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    @Jimmy

As Jason said I had two different profiles by mistake on my part. So I finished the season with 99 points.
    Jason Whited likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast