Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Road Atlanta (Porshe IROC) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Brette Brooks is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Yeah, you've got me in there, and I never ran any 911RSR races. Not even in the Lotus.
    Yea... what's up with not running the 911 RSR AMS mod with us Chris? Don't you have AMS? I thought you were a Porsche guy through and through.
    Jason Whited likes this.

Well that's a season wrap I hate to see happen. Really loved the 911 RSR mod.

Congrats are definitely in order to our podium finishers and Angelo as a pretty dominate champion. Good drives gents! It seems like Jason and Joe were tag teaming Angelo. Jason took the first shift early on with gusto. Then he had to deal with Joe a bit after losing the lead. Then Joe took over the chase with that typical heavy-foot-in- reserve comeback. Entertaining stuff for sure.

Also a big thanks to Jason and Joe for running the MNRL racing series, and to Jon and other support staff for marshalling the replays and CMS server support.

My race at Road Atlanta? It can pretty much be summed up in the race data gaps behind leader graph. That is to say... pretty lonely. Couldn't keep up with the fast bunch at the front. But with some adjustments since Barcelona, it went a lot better in the car. In fact I still had some grip left in the tires at the end. I could have pushed harder, but it would not have gained me enough to stay with the front group and I lost my main competitor early when Jimmy R spun behind me in T1.

Scanning the replay it looked like JR came in T1 hotter than me and checked up just enough to spin into one of those barriers you don't think about until you see it coming at you. Got to give him a load of credit for following that up with smartly assessing the damage, pitting to fix it, then driving the rest of the race with no nose or hood on his car, like every lap was money in the bank. In fact, he was doing very good laps with those handicaps. Total respect for those actions of realism, car control and competitive spirit. Keep an eye on him to populate some future podiums.

Hope all had fun! I sure did. And I hope to see you all again in future racing series.

Jason Whited is online now Senior Community Leader

Yeah, you've got me in there, and I never ran any 911RSR races. Not even in the Lotus.
    Well, to be fair, you did sign up for the series initially.

Seniors points will be corrected and added back asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    When I mistakenly double downshifted going downhill to the flinal chicane what I was watching was flames erupt from the rear of my car. Engine sound is back on now.
    Ouch Tom! Condolences to your flat six. I did that to 997R last summer. Even went back and lengthened the multiple downshift protection period in my Player File. Hasn't happened since. But I wouldn't trust myself to run a race without engine sound. In fact, I can't imagine doing that (especially with a Porsche Boxer).
    Tom likes this.

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

Can't believe I failed to congratulate our winners (can't believe I failed to turn my engine sound back on either! ) so, congratulations to Angelo on his race win and Angelo and Jerry for winning the championships. Well done, guys. Had a lot of fun and enjoyed the series, looking forward to what's next.

Thanks to Jason, Joe and all others involved in running the show and thanks to those that helped me out along the way, it's much appreciated.

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Well, to be fair, you did sign up for the series initially.

Seniors points will be corrected and added back asap.
    Not complaining, just pointing it out. I wonder if my signup is part of why (or the reason why) the results were garbled, in fact. Obviously I'll have to be more careful about signing up for anything else in the future too, particularly if it screws things up for admins.
    Marc Cohn likes this.

I just couldn't get the steering to work well (probably related to the realfeel plugin). Really slow, I think and would just have been in the way.
    Marc Cohn likes this.

Jason Whited is online now Senior Community Leader

Not complaining, just pointing it out. I wonder if my signup is part of why (or the reason why) the results were garbled, in fact. Obviously I'll have to be more careful about signing up for anything else in the future too, particularly if it screws things up for admins.
    IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, CHRISTOPHER! ALL. YOUR. FAULT!

Seriously though, no.
    The two seniors points logs were mixed up and results from this race were in the wrong one.

Those results and official championship results, both seniors and overall, will be posted after the race review is completed.
    We had a bit of miscommunication (all on me) and got ahead of ourselves.

Any penalties from the final race are handed down as time penalties, so we need to wait to release those results anyways.

(PS...I actually had to go look, more than once, to even see if I could peg the "well, you did sign up for this series" label on you. LOL I wasn't sure, so that's probably an indication of how much affect [lack thereof] your signup had on our goof up )
    Marc Cohn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, CHRISTOPHER! ALL. YOUR. FAULT!

Seriously though, no.
    The two seniors points logs were mixed up and results from this race were in the wrong one.

Those results and official championship results, both seniors and overall, will be posted after the race review is completed.
    We had a bit of miscommunication (all on me) and got ahead of ourselves.

Any penalties from the final race are handed down as time penalties, so we need to wait to release those results anyways.

(PS...I actually had to go look, more than once, to even see if I could peg the "well, you did sign up for this series" label on you. LOL I wasn't sure, so that's probably an indication of how much affect [lack thereof] your signup had on our goof up )
    Ok. It's ALL YOUR FAULT THEN!

Just...a snafu. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along...move along.

FYI, my tax forms occasionally look like this too. Which reminds me....

[EDIT: Yes, I did actually sign up for the series with the Valvoline car, #99.]
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 04-05-2018 at 09:06 AM.
    Marc Cohn and Jason Whited like this.

Marc Cohn is online now Senior Member

NO, IT'S BOTH YOUR FAULTS (Chris and Jason's)!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast