Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Road Atlanta (Porshe IROC) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Jason Whited is online now Senior Community Leader

Default Road Atlanta (Porshe IROC) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Last edited by Joe Miller; 04-15-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    davidan, AngeloRacer, Tom and 3 others like this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

First of all, thanks Jason, Joe, all MNRL and CMS staff that took part, for bring this season to us. No secret Im a Automobilista enthusiast, and was great finally have it here after some unsuccessfull tries.
    Aways was an observer of the MNRL chapter at "former" R2P and aways wanted to take part, but only now was possible.

About my season...honestly, this is a VERY first for me. Never, in everything I ever raced, or any other place...I was able to win all races of a season! That is just unreal.
    If I was going to Qualy and doing times a second quicker than everybody, and winning races with 30+secs ahead (that never was even close to happen either in all my life, btw...lol), then ok...I could explain.
    But every single Qualy session, every race, I had someone pushing me hard, many times I wasnt the quickest at all, but somehow everything fell in place to me and I was in position to do my best, push my limits and be very consistent. Some dying second Pole Positions in the last few rounds by like 0.01 show that.
    I had some pretty big fights, specially with Joe, all season long. But also with Jason, with Ryan, with Brette. Too bad so many drivers bailed on us. I aways have a hard time accepting this, as to me sign for a league where people put their effort to make it happen (even more, for free), make this whole thing a compromise, not a mere thing to do only when is "perfect" timing...but hey...it is what it is and thats just me. Like for instance today, my health is not doing great at all, Im in a lot of pain (throat problems leading to a extremely likely surgery), but race day is race day!

Tonight´s race was probably the most wild one of the season, maybe because of those annoying lagging issues. How I wish AMS to be more stable on the Multiplayer side...
    Fortunately not enough to really compromise the event itself, at least for me.
    Jason pushed me extremely hard in the early stages, I lost my optimum zone of concentration for a good 3 or 4 laps, with some mistakes. He managed to take the lead, I was able to get him back, went off again giving up the lead one more time...and managed to get it back again! The second time I was off I have no idea how I managed to not spin, but I saved it!
    By then Joe was hot on our tails, hot on my tails, and we had one more hell of a battle. Again I had to defend my line, drive on the edge, to keep the lead.
    Eventually he tried to outbrake me at T1, I thought he made it, I was losing my car, going straight to the grass, but managed to hold the beast on the tarmac...only to realize that Joe was going off behind.
    That gave me the space for the last laps needed to bring the car home.
    Truly a perfect season on my side.

Looking forward to what MNRL and CMS will bring to us ahead. Although some people dont see it this way, there are SEVERAL series and combos to be made. All with historic or close to historic content. And why not try something more modern, different (Stock Cars, Aussie Camaros, PickUp Montanas, Formula Vee, Formula Trainer...name it...lol).

Cheers and 'til next time!
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 04-04-2018 at 12:18 AM.

jham is offline Jerry Hamilton

I don't think the Senior's final results are correct. I think, maybe, the Formula A results got mixed in with the PorRSR results?
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

Bruno Chacon is offline Junior Member

What a fantastic race, gentlemen!
    I made a conservative start from seventh place and won 2 positions after 2 riders made a mistake in front of me. I was doing a quiet race, saving the tires for the final when suddenly, I lost the concentration just at the entrance of the first chincane. Okay, it drops to tenth place but it can recover and I went, just a little ahead of Aaron when he involuntarily touched my car causing a new exit of track. As always, Aaron was a gentleman and gave me the position that at that moment was the eleventh place. From this moment on, I was focused, trying to keep Gilles coming at a safe distance. I pushed Peter Holm until he made a mistake and won his position, the seventh place. In a moment where Angelo came in for a lap of advantage over me, I slowed down too much and Gilles took advantage of the moment and passed me too, I had nothing left to do, because Gilles at that moment was faster than I and eighth, I finished my race.
    I witnessed a heavy duel between Jason and Joe, a knife-fray, coming off the track in many curves, looking like angry lions ... hehehe
    I was very happy in this race, my friend Ronnie Peterson joined the group in his first race at MNRL. Despite the serious problems he was facing with his video card that even erased the image on the screen for about two minutes, he managed to finish the race, always consistently and cautiously, worthy of a gentleman that he is.
    Congratulations to the top 3 finishers who, as was constant in this championship, dominated all races with great mastery.

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

Well, that was a "pits poor" way to finish a season. While trying to get TS to where I could hear people as well as cars I turned my engine volume off and forgot to turn it back on. Thought I'd be ok as long as I watched the tach closely. When I mistakenly double downshifted going downhill to the flinal chicane what I was watching was flames erupt from the rear of my car. EFF me, dolt! Oh, well......

Engine sound is back on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Well, that was a "pits poor" way to finish a season. While trying to get TS to where I could hear people as well as cars I turned my engine volume off and forgot to turn it back on. Thought I'd be ok as long as I watched the tach closely. When I mistakenly double downshifted going downhill to the flinal chicane what I was watching was flames erupt from the rear of my car. EFF me, dolt! Oh, well......

Engine sound is back on now.
    Sorry, Tom.
    I saw you say you were having audio issues, but I couldn't do much about it at that point in time. Was afraid if I tried in the heat of the moment I'd accidentally move us back to practice or some similar dumb move. Didn't want to wash all the nice rubber from the track. Track is quite a bit more slippery without it. ...or worse, wipe away quali results and then hang for it...lol

Had you noticed a few moments early, we could have waited you out for a few.

Nice job hanging in there as long as you did though. No way I could do a single lap without audio. :O
    Marc Cohn and Tom like this.

Honestly couldn't ask for a better series finale! That was awesome!

Angelo, congratulations and well done on the series championship. Like I said last night, definitely deserved and surely earned!

The intensity of this race was nuts.
    Started in quali and I don't think I ever let up until after the checkered.
    Wanted to steal a pole away from Angelo, but .01 second said NO! Each and every time I would best my pb in quali, Angelo would do the same.
    I was watching the performance delta (a piece of the HUD I only recently discovered in AMS. Very handy little tool) and every time I'd get ready to cross the start finish it was like, "YEAH, there it i......nope, Angelo just bested his too"
    Pretty sure I said that every lap in quali.

Green dropped and all I was trying to do was cling onto Angelo's bumper.
    Matter of fact, I spent much of the first part of the race doing that. At some point Angelo went off slightly and I took the lead. A lead I honestly didn't want (mainly because I knew I couldn't keep it)...but, time went on and I started thinking maybe I could keep it.
    That hope died the moment Angelo outbraked me by about a mile at the T10 complex. I literally chuckled out loud as I was thinking, "you've got to be kidding me. How the?"
    Clearly...my threshold braking is lacking in comparison to some others...really gotta work on that!

A few times after that, while still directly behind Angelo, I was able to draft enough on the backstretch that I probably could have overtook him (until we got down to T10, that is)...and, it felt like Angelo was going to give room and concede the pass, but the truth was, I didn't want the lead. I couldn't keep it, and our collective pace was faster with Angelo out front and I knew it. (Joe was hot on our heels and I was hoping I could just follow Angelo around and keep Joe at bay)...

All that worked out for a while, until suddenly Joe decided to step it into high gear. ...next thing I know he's right on my rear bumper, shortly followed by him overtaking me (with ease, I might add)

The 3 of us battled for a while. Mostly just nose to tail. All I was really doing was trying to keep up, which was hard enough in itself.
    As time started to wind down, things got a little crazy. I think Bruno described it well above in his comments...a couple hungry lions hell bent on P2 and neither one willing to quit pushing for it.
    Joe and I took turns overshooting braking points, sliding through corners, getting into near full drifts...and mowing grass. lol
    (Thanks for the heads up driving from the lap cars we plowed by in the process of all that. Very aware driving kept there from being any incidents and that was appreciated greatly)

I was on the edge, and beyond it at times. Not even sure how I managed not to destroy the car, or hit something at the least.
    Pretty much went for broke in the final minutes there, and it was a blast. I was soaking wet with sweat when it was over and it took me nearly an hour to unwind afterwords before I could relax for bed.

Just does not get any better than that.
    ...could go on and on with details of all the happenings in this one. Suffice it to say, I think the replay speaks for itself.
    Good stuff!

aaron page is offline Established Member

First off, congrats to Angelo and Jerry on your respective championships! Oh, btw Angelo, I believe there is a rule that if you win 6 consecutive races, you start dead last in the next six races, right? :-)

I was hoping to see an official replay before I commented on my race, wanting to see whether it was as jerky as my replay is -- we were having nasty storms here, so I think my connection might have been touch and go. During the race, especially at the beginning, I'd think I was beside someone and then a fraction of a second later he'd be a car length ahead and in front of me. If others had the same problem, that might explain some of the early offs.

Whatever. I loaded in a set that Brette had sent to me (thanks, bud), one that I had no time to practice with until an hour before the race. It felt pretty good, so I added a bit of fuel and kept it for the race. I got by Tom M when Tom N blew up, and Tom picked up right where we left off last week. Good stuff, Tom! When he got position on me at the end of the back straight, I braked a tad late, ate a bit of grass, so keeping up with him was a chore. I did ok with it until I somehow hosed up my timing and touched Bruno enough to turn him around (sorry about that, Bruno, don't know how I got so sloppy), which cost us both about 25-30 seconds. Then in the same turn several laps later I went wide, caught those obstacles that have no purpose I can figure except to put a car on 2 wheels. So now I'm behind Kurt, and know I'm about to continue with a good time. And it was, until I caught him in the braking zone at the end of the backstretch, and the car took on a life of its own. Fortunately, that was to the right. So I got a little more grass on my tires that had to be scrubbed. Caught up with Kurt again, and lost it in the same turn I'd been having trouble in all night. After using as many curses as I knew (which was good for at least 15 seconds) I got back on track, absolutely determined to catch Kurt just one more time. Drove qualifying lap after qualifying lap, and did finally catch him, passing him when he had a minor off. There was a mutual respect celebration after the checkers, which is always a nice way to end a race.

Thanks for running this series, Joe, Jason, and all who help behind the scenes. Loved the mod, and I believe if I had only 50 or 60 more races using it, I might have become competitive using it!

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by jham View Post
    I don't think the Senior's final results are correct. I think, maybe, the Formula A results got mixed in with the PorRSR results?
    Yeah, you've got me in there, and I never ran any 911RSR races. Not even in the Lotus.
    Jason Whited likes this.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

I'm sorry I missed the race. Looks like you guys had fun. There was no way I could have driven last night. My body felt like a Peterbuilt ran me over and then backed up over me again. I don't feel much better today either.

I'd also like to thank Joe and Jason for putting this series together. Great job guys. Can't wait to see what's next.

Yeah, the points are a little screwy looking.
    Jason Whited likes this.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast