Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Remembering Norm Borczon

oldnslo is offline Bob Roberson

I will be praying for his family. And yes I am a believer.
    Last edited by oldnslo; 02-28-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

I'll be there.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR
    www.rothmans-racing.com

aaron page is offline Established Member

Oh......I can't adequately describe at the moment how I felt about Norm"s passing....totally unexpected....just a great friend and teacher, a fun competitor, a guy who was always there with a suggestion, or an online laugh, or an email conversation ranging from astronomy to track conversions....I really am shocked, not only at the suddenness, but also by the empty space that will always be in me that Norm used to occupy.

I cannot race tonight, not even a tribute lap. I will, rather, race the entirety of the next season thinking of this man who was passionate about racing, who could give me a laugh when the last thing I felt like doing was laughing, and who was a person I was proud to call my friend.

Jon, if you have the email or snail mail address for Kingsley or Mrs. Norm, will you please post it or send it to me? I'm sure many of us have things we'd like to tell them.
    aaron

Denis Turcotte is offline Junior Member

Had no words.. RIP Norm. I had fun with you, always good words for us ....

MatthewOverton is offline Established Member

So much has been said about Norm already, by those that actually had the opportunity to meet him as well as all of his on-line friends, it is hard to know where to start.

Norm, you will be missed greatly, not just by your real flesh-and-blood family, but by everyone who had a chance to come to know you. You have a "come on and race" attitude, for the fun and excitement that has been a real godsend to me and many others as you made us welcome and then patiently coached and encouraged. The devotion you have for your sport and making it available to this sim-racing community has been simply amazing. Where you found/made all the time to support us with mods and great ideas to keep us engaged, AND race yourself, I'll never know.

I have enjoyed your friendship and counsel; I wouldn't still be enjoying the successes I have had in my improvements if you hadn't been part of my simracing life. Wish you were there tonight - as some can readily attest, I could have used your advice :}

I've thanked you before and I do so again now, for everything. I regret now even more the years when the timings for MNRL just didn't work and that I never actually got to do the trip that would have allowed me to meet you as I have been able to do for some of our other simracers. We'll get that chance in the future

It was really fun my friend and I'll look forward to doing some more racing with you when we meet, maybe even on a real track!

My very sincere and heartfelt thoughts and prayers are for Kingsley, Mrs Norm and his entire family. Jon, same for me please - if they provide the contact details.
    Cheers, Matthew
    CMS Racing #174

oldnslo is offline Bob Roberson

Well said Matthew Overton. Couldn't have said it better.

Maseratialfa is offline Todd Adair

I just met Norm when MNRL, came over to CMS. He always was positive, and very involved in what is going on here. I really can't imagine what some of you feel that have known him for many years, I am truely sorry. Godspeed Norm, you will be missed. Reading though the thread, I wished I would have met him sooner, many have been blessed to have known such a fine man.

alcanal is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maseratialfa View Post
    I just met Norm when MNRL, came over to CMS. He always was positive, and very involved in what is going on here. I really can't imagine what some of you feel that have known him for many years, I am truely sorry. Godspeed Norm, you will be missed. Reading though the thread, I wished I would have met him sooner, many have been blessed to have known such a fine man.
    Amen.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Established Member

Stunned...

My hart goes to his family.

I did not check the Forum last night, so I learned the bad news just before the race... the only thing we can do is continue. MNRL must live on.

davidan is offline David Anderson

This is shocking. I am very very sorry to hear of this. I have only known Norm since he brought MNRL here to CMS, but it didn't take me very long to determine he is one of the good guys. I just hate to hear this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast