View Poll Results: Which track would you like to use for an AMS test race/fun event?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lime Rock

8 50.00%
  • Spielberg Vintage (No Chicane)

2 12.50%
  • Johannesburg

5 31.25%
  • Thruxton

0 0%
  • Eastern Creek

1 6.25%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bill Brehm

Thread: POLL: AMS Test Race (Track Selection)

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Default POLL: AMS Test Race (Track Selection)

An AMS test race will be held on Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at the usual time.

Link found here for other poll concerning car selection.

Tracks that are not included in the base content of AMS are listed in this poll. (These tracks will be available very shortly and are part of a trackpack that will be essential content for us....link to follow)
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-26-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Bill Brehm is offline Retired

I've been playing with this Formula Vee for awhile, and there isn't much you can do with the setup. Here is a base setup I've been using almost everywhere I test this car. F Vee Lime Rock.svm Mostly just stiff front, soft rear.

Some tips if it's not obvious:
    Try to turn with as constant a radius and speed as possible, and easy acceleration. There is no slow in fast out with this car.
    Keep as much front brake bias as you can. If the rear starts going around a quick stab at the brake will straighten you out at best, and at worst, locking them will at least keep you pointed the the right direction, sort of.
    For all practical purposes you only need 3rd and 4th gear. Even the last turn at Lime Rock (Edit: I mean Laguna Seca) is faster in third than 2nd. (I guess it depend on final drive though)
    Last edited by Bill Brehm; 12-29-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    Jason Whited likes this.
    "In order to win, you have to be aggressive - with your car, with the racetrack, and with the competition. But you don't have to be stupid about it." - Carroll Smith

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brehm View Post
    I've been playing with this Formula Vee for awhile, and there isn't much you can do with the setup. Here is a base setup I've been using almost everywhere I test this car. F Vee Lime Rock.svm Mostly just stiff front, soft rear.

Some tips if it's not obvious:
    Try to turn with as constant a radius and speed as possible, and easy acceleration. There is no slow in fast out with this car.
    Keep as much front brake bias as you can. If the rear starts going around a quick stab at the brake will straighten you out at best, and at worst, locking them will at least keep you pointed the the right direction, sort of.
    For all practical purposes you only need 3rd and 4th gear. Even the last turn at Lime Rock is faster in third than 2nd. (I guess it depend on final drive though)
    That's one of my issues...I keep wanting to dog it into 2nd all the time which throws me around, for obvious reasons.

As others who have a handle on these have alluded to, it's more about changing your technique to match the car. A car that is driven, for all intents and purposes, in an entirely different manner than many others if one is to be effective.