Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Opala '86, Taruma (Round 2) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Default Opala '86, Taruma (Round 2) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Last edited by Joe Miller; 05-08-2018 at 10:06 PM.

aaron page is offline Established Member

What?? Nobody had anything to say about these races? Ok, I'll be the first...
    Brette had sent me a setup for this race, that I only tweaked minimally -- thanks, bud! -- and I felt comfy in the car. Unfortunately, I qual'd poorly, which was "good" for two races (just one more reason to avoid a DQ for the next race). In both races, someone had a bad start in the right lane, and both times I gained positions due to this. In the first race, I've got to thank Jerry, Tony, Bruno, Ronnie, and Brette for their great, and clean, racing. Many of those minutes were the most intense and fun racing I've done in a while. In the second race, I'd like to thank Mike and Jerry -- Jerry was the consummate gentleman racer, and racing Mike reminded me of the years I raced his brother, both of us running with abandon, the constant ebb and flow of positioning. Btw, Mike, you might want to pick a car that isn't the same as Alexandre's -- confused the heck out of me when the three of us were momentarily on track together!

One thing I need to ask: was I the only one who had the field disappearing in the very early laps in race one? The official replay shows no 'skips' but at several points I basically drove blind, hoping not to hit someone. Same as last week's race. If I am the only one who had this problem, I will find a way to fix it.
    ap

AngeloRacer is online now Angelo dos Santos

From my side everything seemed fine, Aaron.

As for my race, I was extremely surprised how it went. 1 hour before the event I was in bed consumed by pain, took a med and went for it. Better than consume sadness.
    Performance was astonishing, have no idea how it happened.

Finally I will undergo surgery to put me out of my misery, most likely Monday or Tuesday, so is very likely I will miss the next Formula 1 1975 event. To me a HUGE bummer, as I really wanted to race in the old Interlagos.
    But I cant wait any longer on my health. Thanks to health insurance....

oldnslo is offline Bob Roberson

Angelo, I will soon be having some surgery as well. I raced but I was sick as a dog. I wanted to get that DQDT out of the way so I started race one having to do the drive thru. Didn't make much difference because I was not feeling good at all. Mercifully I entered turn one way too hot and went into the kitty litter and destroyed my Gulf Opala. I found that whenever you got off the track on these really fast sweeping turns you were history. I was hoping to return for the F1 race at Interlagos but I don't have the money for a GPS or a map that would help me find my way around that double pretzel layout. I'd probably get lost and have to stop for directions. You could probably time my laps with a egg timer or sun dial.
    Last edited by oldnslo; 05-09-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Brette Brooks is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post
    One thing I need to ask: was I the only one who had the field disappearing in the very early laps in race one? The official replay shows no 'skips' but at several points I basically drove blind, hoping not to hit someone. Same as last week's race. If I am the only one who had this problem, I will find a way to fix it.
    ap
    You are not alone Aaron. I saw it too. Mostly in the early part of the first race, IRRC. I mentioned it on team speak... mostly because I was running so close to Joe and was apologizing ahead in case I hit what was coming and going. Some others confirmed the observation. It seemed to be worse in the tightest turns, which of course where you need to see those around you the most. I got some minor car floating and leaning forward or backward showing in my local replay from the same race. Its not the first time. Luckily the server replay looked fine from what I could see.

BTW, good driving and result on your part.
    faspit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post

As for my race, I was extremely surprised how it went. 1 hour before the event I was in bed consumed by pain, took a med and went for it. Better than consume sadness.
    Performance was astonishing, have no idea how it happened.
    Hmmm... I my have to try this strategy. Seemed to work wonders for you staying out front.

Whatever you need surgery for, I hope it all goes well. We will miss you at Interlagos (especially our team principle). I hear the team is having Car #8 posters made for you to autograph for the Brazilian fans. So you're not completely off the hook. I'm expecting top notch support from team Brabham in your absence. Maybe I'll get some spare bits from the #8 car. Hopefully I won't need them.
    AngeloRacer and faspit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslo View Post
    Angelo, I will soon be having some surgery as well. I raced but I was sick as a dog.

I was hoping to return for the F1 race at Interlagos but I don't have the money for a GPS or a map that would help me find my way around that double pretzel layout. I'd probably get lost and have to stop for directions. You could probably time my laps with a egg timer or sun dial.
    Sorry to hear about these sicknesses. I hope all goes well for your surgery as well Bob!

Funny comment about Interlagos length and lap times. I call it the 'Anaconda' track. Not because it is in Brazil. But because if you look at the aerial map, it looks like an Anaconda all bunched up in the undergrowth (long and curvy). I'm hoping my good memory will help me with at least being competitive there. If not, I will install a Garmin next to my shifter.

Hum, looks like issues from last night with cars dissapearing indeed are real.

Just read a report from Reiza on Facebook saying that they were informed about a problem causing Multiplayer overload since the last update (reported by several leagues), and they are working on a hot fix for this and other small bugs for the weekend.

aaron page is offline Established Member

Bob and Angelo, GL on your respective surgeries. Hope that cures whatever ails you guys. But, Angelo, if you did that well racing on pain meds, I think we should all hope that you never see a cup of expresso!

Oh, and thanks for the info that there is a fix forthcoming for the 'overload' conditions....I thought those screen blanks might be an issue that was on my end, and you saved me from having to hassle my ISP.
    AngeloRacer and faspit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Hum, looks like issues from last night with cars dissapearing indeed are real.

Just read a report from Reiza on Facebook saying that they were informed about a problem causing Multiplayer overload since the last update (reported by several leagues), and they are working on a hot fix for this and other small bugs for the weekend.
    Automobilista v1.5.11 Hotfix deployed
    REIZA STUDIOS

AMS v1.5.11 is now up - this is a hotfix to address issues reported with the previous v1.5.1 release:

Fixed extra replay packaging data which could lead to servers overloading in multiplayer sessions
    Increased default Multiplayer Max data setting (requires dedi servers generating a new multiplayer.ini file)
    Hockenheim: Fixed wrong aero packages being loaded in 1977 version
    TC Classics: Fixed error which caused Copa Classic B class cars not appearing
    F-Ultimate: Fixed mirrors not showing in T-Cam

Please note that the multiplayer issues require more testing with large player fields to be sure issues have been rectified - weŽll be monitoring servers over the next couple of days and welcome reports from league admins that run on this new version to address any remaining issues.

IMPORTANT: Dedi servers are required to generate a new multiplayer.ini file to include the updated max data setting (just deleting the old file will generate a new one).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast