Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Off-Season Fun Event #2 Dec. 19th (Saleen Mustangs at Mid Ohio)

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Lesson 1 (about 16 seconds in).......a slight example of the reason some still try to run full pace, even when controlling a race.
    ...get a bit lax, nearly wreck the car on a formation lap. LOL LOL.
    I'm going with botched downshift.....of course, he responds like it was nothing. I seriously doubt that felt like nothing deep in the pit of his gut! :O

Anyways, TONS of video of these things at Mid Ohio. Mostly with the chicance in place, but I did see a few without, though it seemed they were being paced in that area of the track (looked like track day stuff).

Our Saleen's in sim world are quite accurate, as we can evidence here.
    Personally, I thought them a bit to grippy and "tight"....but, as I watch multiple videos and read more about the way they handle, they seem very solid in the "realism" regard.

Really immersive car for me. Very believable.
    And Mid Ohio....well, we couldn't show up at a better road course to put just about any car on the planet on! LOVE this place (though, it often finds a way not to love me back)

....careful into T1 (remember, our T1 is the turn coming off the backstrectch, as seen here in the video as well)...these things don't like cold brakes. (Might want to knock those brake ducts back a click or two as well. They sure do cool mighty fast!)
    Darien Bailey likes this.

HeatCAN is offline Tom Mountjoy

Damn!! I gotta work late tonight and will miss this gem. I'll drop in for some post race jabber, to hear how it went. Or maybe even turn some laps, if anyone did not get enough action.

-See You On Track!

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Ok, I've just run three...and then maybe six more laps without screen blanking, so I will probably race. I turned "Windows Game Mode*" off globally with a registry edit, and I suppose the race will be the acid test for that "fix," at least for rF1. Assetto Corsa will require its own test, as I gather it's particularly troublesome in there.

Registry edit here: https://www.addictivetips.com/window...te-windows-10/

[* Game Mode (GM) is a new "feature," it seems, with Windows Creators Update, and I would not have even known about its existence but for post-race discussions with Mihaley Marton in the Historics forum--thanks Mihaley!]

At the same time I have some reason to wonder if GM affects laptimes, because right now I can't get close to any of my own times from the other day (with it off). But that's always hard to confirm too, as you have to have your "A game" to even test it with any actual confidence in the results.

[Feeling kinda "B-" right now, and mentally sluggish. Maybe more--or stronger--coffee will help....]
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 12-19-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    Ok, I've just run three...and then maybe six more laps without screen blanking, so I will probably race. I turned "Windows Game Mode*" off globally with a registry edit, and I suppose the race will be the acid test for that "fix," at least for rF1. Assetto Corsa will require its own test, as I gather it's particularly troublesome in there.

Registry edit here: https://www.addictivetips.com/window...te-windows-10/

[* Game Mode (GM) is a new "feature," it seems, with Windows Creators Update, and I would not have even known about its existence but for post-race discussions with Mihaley Marton in the Historics forum--thanks Mihaley!]

At the same time I have some reason to wonder if GM affects laptimes, because right now I can't get close to any of my own times from the other day (with it off). But that's always hard to confirm too, as you have to have your "A game" to even test it with any actual confidence in the results.

[Feeling kinda "B-" right now, and mentally sluggish. Maybe more--or stronger--coffee will help....]
    HA! If you're anything like me, the coffee is a crap shot and hardly worth the bother. I recommend strong espresso blends, and whether they do their magic or not is really irrelevant since a good coffee tastes so damned good

I say it's more believable that you're off the "A game"....I'd also check the time of day in the server and the track temps, compare that to when you were doing those faster laps the other day.
    I find that in rF1, more than any other, it seems that affects lap times in a noticeable way. Since the tracks are dynamic, I'd imagine the loss of grip from less track temp is hard coded in a way that it effects the entire track, thus rendering times off by sometimes more than a second or two.
    I've long suspected that to be the case, and my own testing proves it enough so that I'm comfortable saying it's probably more that than anything else. Couple that with a bit of mental sluggishness and it's a sure fire formula for frustration and "grrr....why can I not find my times!!!"

...glad you [hopefully] found your fix though. Good luck, and hope it sticks.

....little glance at live racers tells me this is going to be GOOD!

faspit is online now Frank Speer

Gotta try this mod now that I feel better. #91 for me please.

jham is offline Jerry Hamilton

Jerry Hamilton #12

Why don't we just stay with the original list of reserved cars from Sebring?
    Tom and Jason Whited like this.
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

Quote Originally Posted by jham View Post
    Jerry Hamilton #12

Why don't we just stay with the original list of reserved cars from Sebring?
    I think most did.
    It's a casual event though, so as long as we don't have duplicates of the same cars all is good.

No real need to reserve a car for this one, but it does help assess who is going to show up and looks good for those that might stumble upon the boards looking for some racing. I know a lot won't enter events until a certain number of others are in for sure, so it could help add to our numbers if that were to occur.

Paulo Martins is offline Junior Member

Paulo Martins
    Jason Whited likes this.
    Fenix Motorsport ||| Portugal Racing Team

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Was at Best Buy an hour ago and realized the PJ might be having a power issue (line power, house power, room power, whatever). Snagged a 450W UPS and put it into the PJ line just before joining...

...and then had three big blackouts (of the two+ second variety) in about 15 minutes. Blech!

Opted out for tonight so I don't take someone else out. Have fun!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast