Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Off-Season Fun Event #2 Dec. 19th (Saleen Mustangs at Mid Ohio)

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    I think this should read (in big, white letters): The race will start after Turn 3 (Three not Four) on the backstretch, correct?
    Edited.
    Thanks, didn't notice the mistake.
    Christopher Snow likes this.

burmcat is offline Nick Picciotto

Nick Picciotto, same car #22, please
    Jason Whited likes this.

Scott Beck is online now Rothmans Racing

Car #41
    Jason Whited likes this.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Brette Brooks is offline Established Member

I'll stick with the #55 NAPA car. Good thing they are my sponsor. That poor car is getting a good once over from the crew and it needs a lot of new parts after my Sebring run :P
    Jason Whited likes this.

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

I'll stick with #88 Sparco

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk
    Jason Whited likes this.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    I'll stick with #88 Sparco

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk
    I'll keep the #87, but it's about 50-50 whether I'm going to try to race. Something kept blanking out my PJ screen all day yesterday...maybe 1 second of black each time, but it's happening often enough it's ruining about half my timed laps on the MNRL server (and about the same or worse on the AC host), and it caused me a big off and later a final crash out of last nights AC race too (maybe 20 minutes in). Whatever it is, it's happening in both rF and AC, so my area of focus is Steam (SteamVR).

I was really lucky not to have it happen while running alongside Michaley for twenty long seconds during our dogfight, although it actually did happen later (for the final time) when I was alongside him again--fortunately without consequence to him. I'd sure hate to take out someone on Tuesday because of it.

In retrospect, I'm sure it happened last week too at Sebring a few times, and also at our AC race, but it's gotten decidedly worse right now. Doesn't happen at the desktop though.

Failing projector lamp is another possible culprit, but I think I would also see it when browsing if that's the problem, and I haven't at all--it's only when I'm driving AC or rF1. I'll have to run rF2 again (and fire up AMS) for more data points.

[UPDATE: I've ordered a replacement PJ lamp, but it won't be here in time for this race. Might try to get the HMD working as a backup instead]
    Fact is, my overall racing "system" just isn't reliable enough right now. :-/
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 12-18-2017 at 01:54 PM.
    Jason Whited likes this.

I'll keep the #72
    Jason Whited likes this.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Keeping My #62 thank you!

Sorry to hear that Christopher. I know a few thing about equipment problem...

Isn't there a econo mode on the PJ ? A lower power level or something ? Might lower the bulb's temperature...

Bill Brehm is offline Retired

I'll try to actually make this one.
    Tom and Jason Whited like this.
    “Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

I've had it in econo-mode almost the entire time I've used it, with the only exception I can remember at AC-Fuji 68 when we did the fun race a couple months back--I said in one post "Japan is a very dark country" and had to boost bulb mode and brightness both just to see the track (and at another track too about the same time for rF2--Silverstone '75 I think it was...but it's otherwise back into econo mode and still shows several thousand hours of life left. Replacing it is something of a...

...a shot in the dark. :-/ I would do it eventually though anyway, so maybe this will fix it.

It "feels" like some piece of software is "polling something" and not finding it, and the Pimax4K headset had that problem with earlier versions of their software. But since I disconnected the HMD again a couple months back, I've had no issues...until now. If it's VR that's causing it at all.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 12-18-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast