Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Norm, real life racer.

Joe Miller is offline Established Member

@Jon
    Jason has it and is working on it now.
    Jason Whited and alcanal like this.

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

When R2P announced that they were closing up shop, I saved that bio/interview/write up that Andy did.
    I thought it would be a real shame for it to just vanish because the site went dark.

The original intention I had when we moved here to CMS was to publish that article in the MNRL forum as a tribute to norm from me. So, I contacted Andy and got permission to re publish his work. He was also kind enough to give me permission to edit at will. I am working on adding a bit to it regarding our move here to CMS and a few other small details. That thread will be up tonight and I intend to make it a permanent sticky at the top of the forum so that all new comers will see it upon arrival to the forum.

Norm didn't want me to publish it at that time. I was going to surprise him with it...a sort of Christmas present from me. But, I chose to ask him first and he said he didn't like being in the lime light and if I did so he would like to do it for all the veteran members. So, given the work that that would entail I decided not to do it.

So...that's the story behind that. And, just watch the forum, like I said, I'll get that up tonight after things settle down around here...been pretty busy today.

(Glad some of you guys remember that article as well, it is a really good write up and interview and Andy did a fantastic job with it)

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post
    @Jon
    Jason has it and is working on it now.
    Excellent, thank you.
    I would like to see that with the pictures posted and stickied at the top of the MNRL division forum. I am sure we can post that in the "home page" as well.

Andy was also going to sign up to the site to put in few words about him on my request, I am sure he will be delighted to see we have that article and it is not lost. Thanks for saving it Jason.

And I am going to go to the extend that we should change the chapter's name to "Norm Borczon's MNRL". Now that he is gone and won't be around, years from now there should be something to remind everyone this is still his chapter and we follow his passion.

Still can't believe he left us.
    davidan, heychris, jham and 6 others like this.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

Luis Almeida is offline Member

Great pictures you posted Joe! Thinking that I only entered a couple of Karitng races and a few regularity Rallies makes me feel small comparing to Norm...
    Matt, there are fantastic ideas and Jon, I think Mário Rocha downloaded mods and tracks from R2P, about that article we'd better ask Andy if he has it.

Edit: Sorry, skipped the part where you said you talked with him about it
    Last edited by Luis Almeida; 03-03-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Hey guys...

If you are like me and start from the end of threads after you've been part of them, rather than going back to the first page each time, check out the original post again. Just updated...
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 03-03-2017 at 07:27 PM. Reason: hope I didn't embarras you too bad, Norm.
    Joe Miller and alcanal like this.

Joe Miller is offline Established Member

Thanks Jason
    Jason Whited and alcanal like this.

jham is offline Jerry Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by kartracer8 View Post
    He also ran a G Production spitfire with SCCA.
    Damn! Now I'm even more disappointed that we never met, even on Teamspeak. I ran a G Prod Spit as well here on the west coast. We could have swapped racing stories.
    Last edited by jham; 03-03-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

RobGuru is offline Junior Member

Didn't know about Norm's G Prod car, but I know another car he ran.

He participated for a season or two in a Renault Le Car single-make series. Forget who ran it (SCCA I would presume, but unsure). But each car was sponsored by a dealership, and if I remember Norm's description correctly, each car had a sealed engine and was closely monitored for car setup.

That all said, I doubt there's a Renault Le Car mod out there.
    Jon Uyan, Jason Whited and alcanal like this.

Thanks, Rob. Amended the original post to include them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobGuru View Post
    Didn't know about Norm's G Prod car, but I know another car he ran.

He participated for a season or two in a Renault Le Car single-make series. Forget who ran it (SCCA I would presume, but unsure). But each car was sponsored by a dealership, and if I remember Norm's description correctly, each car had a sealed engine and was closely monitored for car setup.

That all said, I doubt there's a Renault Le Car mod out there.
    alcanal likes this.

Chuck Napoli is offline Established Member

Excellent post, by all who worked on it, in presenting this info of Norm!

Thumbs Up.jpg
    aaron page and alcanal like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast