Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: MNRL Server

Flyer23 is offline John Nelson

Um, I hate to sound like a total idiot, but is this RF1 or something else ?
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Ram-12GB GSKILL, Processor-I7-950, DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 24" HD 1920 X 1200, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

Jason Whited is online now Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer23 View Post
    Um, I hate to sound like a total idiot, but is this RF1 or something else ?
    Automobilista (AMS)
    Marc Cohn likes this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Joe's the man. Thank him, I've been quite busy and not able to put anything together.

For you impatient types that cannot wait, there you go.
    For the rest, details will be up later tonight.

Now, go practice these beasts, you're gonna need it....a LOT of it!

P.S. The first event will be a testing event, not for points.
    We're working on different schedules a bit currently, so piecing it together a little at a time. Details will be more in depth in a few hours.
    The engine model I think is over the top with damage levels.
    I cant do more than 10 laps and it will blow.
    Im already at the minimum Revs Limiter, lifting and bliping like grandma...and still blowing after 8 to 10 laps.
    Just me?
    Maybe Im driving it wrong, I dont know.

If someone can indicate to me a nice and simple Hud, that shows engine damage, I would aprecciatte.
    Not GID or anything like it...lol. I dont like those "gimmos"!

But with the engine blowing out of the blue...a mean to control it is really necessary.

Flyer23 is offline John Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Automobilista (AMS)
    Ok thanks, that why i get an error in RF1...LOL
    jham likes this.
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Ram-12GB GSKILL, Processor-I7-950, DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 24" HD 1920 X 1200, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    If someone can indicate to me a nice and simple Hud, that shows engine damage, I would aprecciatte.
    Not GID or anything like it...lol. I dont like those "gimmos"!

But with the engine blowing out of the blue...a mean to control it is really necessary.
    I did installed GID, made all configurations, all set....only to realize that is not monitoring the engine damage...
    All the time 100%, even after I blow it, intentionally. Not giving any indication at all with over revving the engine also, gradually.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 04-12-2018 at 05:20 PM.

I did installed GID, made all configurations, all set....only to realize that is not monitoring the engine damage...
    All the time 100%, even after I blow it, intentionally. Not giving any indication at all with ove revving the engine also, gradually.
    Not sure about GID. I don't use it.
    There is supposedly a version of XD that works with AMS, but I have not tried that either.

Generally, it's hard down shifts that do the most damage. Do you use the auto clutch? If not, are you sure you are blipping enough on downshifts.
    If you are using auto clutch, are you lifting on upshifts? Also make sure you're not blipping too hard as even when auto blip is off, auto clutch is still going to create a bit of a "blip" and you could be amplifying that with a blip of your own.

Main thing is not to downshift too soon.
    These cars weren't really designed to function at high revs at all times like more modern F1 cars.

Try adjusting your gearing so there is some room at the end of each gear so you're not redlining before shifting. The car should not be redlined before shifting into the next gear (plus, it actually slows you down in these. They accelerate faster, and provide more power away from redline.

...this is a mod that has been at RD for some time. We didn't alter it and this complaint has not come up that I am aware of.
    Funny. Another driver in my inbox talking about the "heartiness" of the engine, while you're having the opposite experience.
    I have to lean towards it being you, at this point.

Engine rev limiter will not stop blowups though. I know you mentioned having it at the lowest setting, but it won't stop blow ups in and of itself. The "redline" is just moved down, you can still over rev. It is not an engine protection at all, so if you are in some way relying on that, don't.

Yes Jason. I know how to drive historical cars, I understand what needs to be done.
    Yes, Im using auto clutch because I dont have clutch pedal for ages now, cost saving.

Auto blip off, lifting on upshifts, taking care on downshifts, changing way earlier before it reaches the red line.
    One time or another I over rev, but is very, very discret, and not all laps at all.
    If this is causing enough damage to blow the engine before 10 laps, then I really dont know.

Ive raced in many leagues over the years, F1 65, 67, 73, 74, 75, 77....never had problem with that, so I think is strange. Way too fragile.

But then again, it may be me indeed. I dont know. Just difficult to know what Im doing wrong, and the lack of a toy to show me that, makes matters worse.

Yes Jason. I know how to drive historical cars, I understand what needs to be done.
    Yes, Im using auto clutch because I dont have clutch pedal for ages now, cost saving.

Auto blip off, lifting on upshifts, taking care on downshifts, changing way earlier before it reaches the red line.
    One time or another I over rev, but is very, very discret, and not all laps at all.
    If this is causing enough damage to blow the engine before 10 laps, then I really dont know.

Ive raced in many leagues over the years, F1 65, 67, 73, 74, 75, 77....never had problem with that, so I think is strange. Way too fragile.

But then again, it may be me indeed. I dont know. Just difficult to know what Im doing wrong, and the lack of a toy to show me that, makes matters worse.
    I assumed you knew how to drive these historical cars. I think your speed speaks to that, and we have all seen that. Didn't mean to come across as "telling you" how to drive them. That was not my intention.

I too would be interested in a gadget to let me see engine damages in AMS.

Crew Chief, I think, will tell engine damage.
    I've got it installed on this pc, some others here use it, I think. Might give that a look too. (I usually drive with no spotter, not much on screen info besides gap to other drivers that I sometimes toggle over to the tires HUD and take a quick look. I like minimal data onscreen. ....of course, I suffer for that when I do modern cars, I think. So maybe is time to take a second look at such gadgets)

ETA: After some testing, duplicating the settings from the server, I cannot replicate your problem. Not without it being intentional, that is. Engine seems quite resilient.
    To forcefully blow it up intentionally took quite a bit of effort. Hard downshifts definitely were the worst.

What are you watching to see the "redline" of the car?
    The onscreen HUD?
    Have you decreased the engine brake?

at what could be causing this for you.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 04-12-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Im sorry Jason, didnt meant to be rude saying I know everything, really sorry if it sounded like that.
    Was not my intention. The intention was to understand why this is happening to me

About the redline, I watch both on the cockpit, and on the native HUD.
    Decreased engine brake to 25%...the problem still happening.

Is really strange. I cant believe I driving it so wrong and actually causing it.

If someone can find a toy to give the engine damage real time, would be really helpful. Because with something like this, I can see what exactly is causing the engine to sustain cumulative damage and eventually blow.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 04-12-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast