Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Mid Ohio (Formula A) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Jason Whited is online now Senior Community Leader

Default Mid Ohio (Formula A) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Last edited by Joe Miller; 03-29-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

Good race for me. Had fun, but it was kinda lonely out there.

I think I may have touched Nick real early in the race. If I did, I'm sorry Nick.

Missed racing with my buddy Aaron. It would have been a good fight.

I'd also like to say thanks to Joe and Jason and anyone else that set this series up. It was great fun.

Just noticed it says "Porsche" Senior Final Standings, should be Formula A. I can't believe I won the series. Slow and steady can win I guess.
    Last edited by Scott Beck; 03-20-2018 at 11:09 PM.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

HeatCAN is offline Tom Mountjoy

Grats, Scott!!

-See You On Track!

Todd Alan is offline Established Member

Good job Scott! You beat those old farts....oh wait, you're old too lol

Joe Miller is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beck View Post
    Just noticed it says "Porsche" Senior Final Standings, should be Formula A. I can't believe I won the series. Slow and steady can win I guess.
    Thanks Scott. It's always something. I'll fix it later.

Grats to podium, Grats to Scott for is first place for Formula A.

Sorry Tony for the delay of 1sec on the start

Jason Whited is online now Senior Community Leader

Wow! Talk about getting caught out on cold brakes....holy cow!

Bogged down on the start slightly, so was hustling a bit into T2. Nearly collected Gilles as he spun ahead of me. Slid through T4 off into the grass. Slid through T7, slid through T8...jeez, what the hell happened to my car?
    Apologies if my track re entrances weren't the greatest. Sparse field and I *hope* that I didn't cause any issues. Don't think so, but it was a bit hasty (those few returns to the tarmac) so apologies anyways.

Spent the better part of the race chasing Joe down. Finally he made a mistake in T4 and I went by. Developed a slight lead for a while but as soon as he settled back in he started chipping away at it.

Be interesting to know what wings others were running. Felt like I was substantially faster in sector 1, but was losing anything I was gaining (and then some, at times) in sectors 2 and 3. Lowish wings for myself and I suspect Joe had a slightly higher wing.

Led for a while but as Joe chipped away at the gap I started having brake locking issues (and forgot I had onboard bias control, so didn't adjust)....was tough, every other corner locking and sliding, having to brake early, etc.

Joe finally caught me and a duel ensued. That was fun.
    Thought I might have a chance at battling for the win...that was, until Joe outbraked me by a full marker into T6.
    Yeah, nothing I could do with that and at that point I figured P2 was about as good as it was going to get.

Final lap, final corner, I made one last push to squeeze deep into the corner but failed...(figured as much but was worth a shot)

All in all, fun race. Was sweating like a pig the entire time...
    Field was a bit shy of normal numbers, but to be expected in the final race of a series sometimes.

Congrats to Joe on the win and on the Formula A Championship as well!
    faspit and Brette Brooks like this.

Tony Boynton is offline Established Member
    Danville, Callifornia; Near San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by Denis Turcotte View Post
    Grats to podium, Grats to Scott for is first place for Formula A.

Sorry Tony for the delay of 1sec on the start
    Denis-wasn't a problem, I'm trying to not jump into the guy in front of me, so I'm slipping the clutch, ready to brake, till I see a fair amount of movement in front, and Jerry was cautious behind me, so no pranged start.

Poor Gilles, on the other hand, was an innocent bystander that got taken out when on the second lap, going full tilt, I drifted left putting a wheel in the dirt and hit the 500 ft hay bale marker throwing my car right into Gilles and wrecking his race too.

I was shaken up and angry with myself, but did watch the entire race and really enjoyed watching Jason and Joe trade the lead dicing back and forth. That must have been a lot of fun!

Congrats to Scott on winning the Seniors Title, well done, Sir!

aaron page is offline Established Member

Congrats to Joe on the win and the championship, and to Scott for the old farts' championship!
    Well, I almost gave Scott a run for the second race in a row; got a decent start, and Scott was all over me. Somehow I missed Gilles and Tony, but got to watch a tire flying over my head, and then Scott was right on me again. A lap or two later, I spun, not only losing the position but also over-revving (sigh), which eventually caused me to yet again toast a car. rrrrrrrrrrrr
    The night was not wasted for me, though, as I got to watch the Jerry/Scott race and the Joe/Jason race -- that was some good stuff.

So, is this the end of rF, or is there more in store for next season?

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Echoing Aaron's first sentence. Sorry I missed the end of it, but the parts I did get to participate in with the F-5000 were huge fun.

@Scott. Lauda always opined, whether in regard to a single race or a championship, you should try to win at the slowest speed possible. Doesn't mean you CAN'T go faster, it just means you don't have too. In complete control, as it were......

Well done to you, and to Joe both.

Kudos too to the guys who pushed the winners when they could--gotta keep 'em working hard.

Fun season and thanks to everyone who made it possible.

CS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast