• 1 Post By Jason Whited
  • 2 Post By Brette Brooks
  • 1 Post By Gilles Lalonde
  • 2 Post By Ed Jones
  • 1 Post By alcanal

Thread: Interlagos (Eagles) Post Race Data and Discussion

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Default Interlagos (Eagles) Post Race Data and Discussion

Last edited by Joe Miller; 12-13-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Marc Cohn is offline Established Member

Congratulations Joe! 1.5 average finish? JEEZ!!!
    aaron page, burmcat and Joe Miller like this.

aaron page is offline Established Member

Congrats to Al on the win, and Joe on his championship. Also congrats to Ed on his senior title (btw, the link is no good)! This series was a lot of fun, challenging, and you guys had to really work for your wins...

I was sorry to see Nick get a disco just prior to race start -- I had two discoes during practice, but at least they were during practice. I knew the start was going to be hairy, as I was starting behind Ed; the last thing I wanted to do was effect his race due to a less-than-controlled start by me. Got past that hurdle, and tried to keep up with Ed and Luis, but I was far too slow in the third sector. Oh, well, I wound up racing the track for most of the night, just trying to run smooth laps, when I saw that Gilles must have had a off (I will have to watch the replay), and I caught up with him. Those last 3-4 laps were quite a contest between us, well worth the lonely laps leading up to them. Damn, that was fun, Gilles! Of course, Gilles beat me (that darned sector three again), and while trying desperately to keep up with him I made a few errors, so the final distance between us was larger than it should have been. I think I'm going to miss this mod :-)

It was a great season, guys, with the great, clean competition this group is known for always in evidence. I look forward to next season.

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Fixed the Seniors Championship standings link. Thanks for the heads up, Aaron.
    My fault...forgot to add the link.
    Marc Cohn likes this.

Brette Brooks is offline New Member - 2016

I have to agree with Aaron. Congrats to Al on an strong season closer win, and Joe on clinching a close championship. Also congrats to Ed on his senior title!

I lucked out in qualy and got a new PB, good for P2 on the grid. Even got a decent start of the line with my fairly tall 1st gear. Although I knew I could run in the 46/7/8s as long as I kept it clean, that came with a caveat for a few turns on fresh tires. And sure enough, I spun on the opening lap at the exit of one of those infield turns. Luckily, my car didn't hit anything and I got it turned around fairly quickly. The field was so small that everyone went by before I could reenter, so that was easy too. A couple spots were gifted back thru others misfortune within a few laps. While others took some concerted effort. Notable among those was our seniors champ Ed Jones. Ed seemed to get faster in each event and he had a good steady pace at the Interlagos finale. Well done Ed! Come to think of it, Aaron was incrementally getting faster and steady with a pretty racy run at the Brazilian serpent like track too (you old snake charmer).

I think a big Grats are due to all finishers. Even though we had some smaller grids in this series, I still think it was an enjoyable season and showcased good historic F1 cars on like tracks (an interesting combination in my book). Thanks to Joe and Jason for running the show and keeping things interesting between the two series! Hope to see you guys in future events here at MNRL. Don't forget to check out Jason's December fun run poles to show some interest what you might like to try next.

And, in case I don't see you until January, Happy Holidays to a great bunch of sim racers!
    HeatCAN and aaron page like this.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Established Member

Congrats to Joe and Ed.

I didn't understand this track, some of my entry lines were pure guesses. Looking at my personal practice time, I was 6 seconds off doing 2:53s. In practice before the race I got a 2:49... did not know where that came from. I qualied with a 2:50... fine by me.

For the race, I clicked on Start, appeared on the track, I don't know what crashed but my Force Feedback was upside down at full power. The second the wheel was off the center, it wanted to go the full left or right. My first few laps was spent fighting the wheel, trying to keep it dead center, giving short little shots right or left so to come back to the center, overshooting and wrestling it into the small dead zone... like a cam, it wanted to get off the top of the lobe. I went off...

The FF gave up during the third lap, there's a temperature sensor on the motor (thermistor), it called it quits. From then on, I had a dead wheel. Suddenly it was drivable. I did most of the race all by my self in 7th. I did not remember on which key I hat setup the FF reset so while driving I tried to shuffle through my papers to find my keyboard list... I spun and gave that up.

Then Aaron shows up, I was doing other things so I was not ready to do battle, the second I tried anything it was getting all squirrely on me. I had no more grip. In the Eagle, when the tires go off, it still has grip until it starts slidding... then it slides way further than with new rubber. So Aaron and me exchanged positions more than a few times and we even touched wheels while side by side. Great driving Aaron, like you said, it was worth the whole... ordeal! Thank You.

And many Thanks to all who took part in the series. In the coming days, I'll install a Win7 on another drive so I can use a Logitech driver for my Logitech wheel. Maybe it will give me more speed.

Until next time... I'll go practice some more.
    aaron page likes this.

Ed Jones is offline Member

Thanks for the congratulations and kind words, Gilles, Brette and Aaron. After an early tussle with Luis that included a side-by-side off track excursion (I was busy racing with Luis and realized too late that we were both going into the corner way too fast), I managed to get by him and from there my race was mostly uneventful. Gilles had his problems so I gained a spot there, and Brette had an off but he ran me down and got back by me. I wasn't fast enough to catch anyone else but then Jason had a couple of boo-boo's that put him back to where I could at least see him. He started pulling away again but then I think he had a bigger incident that must have damaged his car since he didn't come back to challenge me again as I expected.

I enjoyed both series, but it took me a lot longer to come to grips with the Eagle. I won't say that it's now my favorite mod, but I had fun racing it with everybody and I got better as the season progressed. Thanks to all who run MNRL and do all the work behind the scenes.

Congrats to Al for the race win and to Joe for the Championship!
    Marc Cohn and aaron page like this.

alcanal is offline Member

What a series! It was a tough one to adjust to for most of us with the exception of Eagle Ace driver Joe Miller.
    What a challenge. Always trying to compromise between car balance and track undulations. The track choices really pushed us to the edge in this regard. Joe had a handle from day 1, race 1 and paved the way for us to follow. It seemed Joe was either right in front or on my tail everywhere we went and drove sooo.. consistently. Sooo.. many laps nose to tail and I can't remember one touch or bump! Its no wonder he took the championship. Well deserved and exceptional driving! Jason had a few events as well that were just amazing, especially Nürburgring. I am sorry I didn't find the time to comment during this series as it provided me with some of the best racing and challenges that I can remember for a long time. Great driving, great league, great series. Thanks Joe, and Jason for your work behind the scene. Congrats again to the Eagle Champions and to all who participated, especially to those who rode "her" out to the end.
    Last edited by alcanal; 12-10-2017 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Joe Miller likes this.