Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Interlagos ('75 F1) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Default Interlagos ('75 F1) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Last edited by Joe Miller; 05-29-2018 at 09:24 PM.

...my own race, summed up.

MatthewOverton is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post

...my own race, summed up.
    more like for me. should not have even bothered to show up.
    Last edited by MatthewOverton; 05-15-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    Cheers, Matthew
    CMS Racing #174

Still banging my head on the wall over that one

Knew that curbing was going to be the death of me.

Guess I'm back in that cycle of throwing away races, on the crap end for now

Developed a bit of an early lead. Knew the tires were not going to hold out to my liking, so when the lead started to develop a bit I ran with it hoping to build up enough gap to keep Joe behind me until the end. Ever constantly watching the tires (right sides were giving me a bit of trouble with early wear).....was doing a decent enough job and hadn't overheated them yet.
    As the tires wore, I started noticing decreased lap times and Joe started catching me (pretty sure he was in tire saving mode most of that time, so the gap was a bit false anyways)....within a few minutes my 6.5 second lead was down to a couple seconds.

Wasn't really pushing...was going to let it play out after I was caught and am pretty sure I had the advantage in a straight line with the low wings I was running (can't be sure on that though)...so I wasn't necessarily worried about being caught and overtaken at that time.

A momentary lapse of precision and I just touched some curbing with the right rear leaving Mergulho (I think it was)....car snapped, I responded...not in time...head long into the wall, tore off nose cone and tore the car all to hell. Steering was about 90° off center at that point.

I probably could have limped to the pits and sat it out, finished under power...and generally I would. However, 5 long, hot hours with a weed whacker in hand yesterday, on top of some other things and I was basically toast. No energy left and I'm sure that contributed to the whole incident. GOT to stop burning myself out practicing before race time on these days I'm tired like that...
    This whole thing becomes quite the test in the spring/summer months as I do a lot of manual labor and I'm usually brain fried by the time race time comes around. Got to start saving a bit for it (will try, anyways)

But, yeah, so there's my excuse

Well done to Joe on the steady run and to the other podium guys and all finishers as well.

On to the next one, not looking back. ....but keep thinking about the points I lost.
    Definitely need to make up for this one somehow next time around.

Bruno Chacon is offline Junior Member

What a difficult and tiring race!
    I started saving the tires, got Jason's setup a little before the race and had to adapt and until I got (a little).
    I got lucky in the start and managed to keep ahead of some cars (it would be for a little while, they were faster and more consistent than I was). So, Aaron started and by very strong pressure on me and got a beautiful overtaking (always clean as Aaron always does) and thought to just follow his car but, Aaron was impossible, guiding precisely and Consistent, it opened up and disappeared in front of me.
    Then Jerry made some mistakes and managed to get past him but for a little while, his pace was much faster than mine and he managed to pass me again but he made mistakes again and (I do not know the reason) he stopped in the grass and there stayed.
    At the end of the race, Gilles made mistakes and hit, changed the beak of the car and came back with it all crooked and without rhythm, I got past him and even with the car full of malfunctions, put a great pressure on me, since my car came out a lot of front and almost he passed me at the end.
    was a sensational race and extremely exhausting for me, as I fought the car for all the laps.
    Congratulations Joe for the excellent win, his consistency was flawless!
    aaron page and Brette Brooks like this.

Bruno Chacon is offline Junior Member

In time:
    The results are wrong. Only the Buenos aires.

Joe Miller is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Chacon View Post
    In time:
    The results are wrong. Only the Buenos aires.
    The results look right to me. Can you elaborate?

AngeloRacer is online now Angelo dos Santos

Hi gents.
    As many of you know, Im not racing atm because some health issues. My surgery will happen tomorrow, but I dont know how much time I will need to recover.

Just wanted to let you know, as I want to keep my car because I intend to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Hi gents.
    As many of you know, Im not racing atm because some health issues. My surgery will happen tomorrow, but I dont know how much time I will need to recover.

Just wanted to let you know, as I want to keep my car because I intend to come back.
    A speedy recovery for you, Angelo!
    Your car is secure, do not worry....it'll be here when you return.

Tony Boynton is offline Established Member
    Danville, Callifornia; Near San Francisco

I had a lot of fun practicing for this race. I did 174 laps according to the records. Had setup help, as usual, but these cars are not "comfortable" for me, although it's fun to try.

TeamSpeak has added to the enjoyment and utility for this race, since I stalled the car in the start box and didn't have the starter button mapped; I warned that i'd stalled and was dead in the water.

That was very frustrating and I bailed to the garage and should have watched from there, but in my fury I just left the track without thinking it might glitch something. Sorry for that, and sorry for another starting error--- At the last Opala race, in the first heat, I forgot to put it in gear for the start and balked the start for guys behind. I don't think either incident caused a wreck, so I'm glad for that.

With these car being so hard for me, I never did feel a rhythm on this track; it being so rough and long didn't help that I'm sure. I did begin to enjoy the first three turns after watching the fast guys fly through them.

Happy trails-
    -Tony
    HeatCAN, Bruno Chacon and faspit like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast