Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Guys, Get on TeamSpeak

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Default Guys, Get on TeamSpeak

I don't understand why most of you guys don't get on TeamSpeak.

During qualy it's all silence. During the race, barely anyone talks. The occasional chatter is like to advise the leaders when to pass.

But between the sessions, we all talk about the mod, the track or the girls in the grand stands. It opens a new dimension the the whole thing. The others on the track are not just a car with a name on top of it, it's an actual dude that, slowly but surely, you get to know and appreciate even more.

It's not a complicated install... even Bob got it to work!
    The only thing you need is a headset with a microphone or even just a mic on a stand. The mic in a webcam works too.

It's great fun. Hope to hear from you.

cmsracing.com cms-teamspeak-3-server-connection-details
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 03-02-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running an Asus 560GTX (1gig) on an new AOC Q2963 screen... I'm doing way better! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

HeatCAN is offline Tom Mountjoy

Agree 1000%
    faspit and Gilles Lalonde like this.

-See You On Track!

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

I'll give it a try and you'll be glad I use push to talk so my heavy breathing doesn't excite anyone.

Brette Brooks is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I'll give it a try and you'll be glad I use push to talk so my heavy breathing doesn't excite anyone.
    We've heard heavy breathing from people's open mics before Tom. That can be a distraction. I would definitely suggest PTT to anyone who wants to join. It's not hard to setup. Just takes a little experimentation between in-game and TS options. We can give practice session feedback and discuss settings if anyone needs help.

Marc Cohn is offline Senior Member

Gilles, I think it may have to do with me rehearsing for my performances at the air horn orchestra during the practice sessions..
    jham and Gilles Lalonde like this.

Tony Boynton is offline Established Member
    Danville, Callifornia; Near San Francisco

Is anyone using TS3 with Windows 10?
    I have it installed and everything looks ok as far as being able to see everyone on the CMS server, except my voice isn't heard. All updates are current.
    I've worked on it with one of our guys who races with it on his Windows 7 machine and all our settings are alike.
    I can hear him, but he can't hear me. I've checked the mute switched in the software and on my headset to make sure i'm not missing an easy fix, but still not hearing my voice.
    my headset works on the TS voice check, it shows my voice registers with the mic and I hear the test voice.

I used TS years ago without problems on a Win 7 machine.

any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tony

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

I use TS3 with Win 10, no problems here. I even have my own TS3 server. All works fine.

I have no idea what could be wrong, especially if your voice check says it's working. Have you checked all the volume settings?
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Win 10... I don't know it off hand but you have a little speaker icon somewhere in the taskbar. If you right click it, you should have an item named Playback Devices, your headset, or something to that effect, should show. There should be a VU meter that register when you talk. If you right click on it, you should have an item that says Set As Default Device and a second one that says Set As Default Communication Device. Both need to be set as your default device.
    Double clicking on it or with it selected, clicking the Properties button, you should have a volume slider for the mic and you might have a Mic Boost switch under one of the tabs.
    I have to set both of those every time I use my headset and I have to switch them back to my normal speakers after too.

If all else fails, you might need to install/reinstall the actual driver of the manufacturer of the sound chip on your motherboard.
    Do you know the exact model number of your MoBo?
    Tony Boynton likes this.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running an Asus 560GTX (1gig) on an new AOC Q2963 screen... I'm doing way better! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

faspit is offline Frank Speer

I get on TS and have the volume set all the way up. While on the track I cannot hear what anyone on ts is saying. Tried lowering the game volume all the way to 35% and still no luck. I have my headphones set as the speakers and drivers, do I need to change TS to Windows or default? Tried default and same results. Any ideas?

HeatCAN is offline Tom Mountjoy

Besides other vol settings, you can also right click on individual names in ts, and adjust each vol individually.

Quote Originally Posted by faspit View Post
    I get on TS and have the volume set all the way up. While on the track I cannot hear what anyone on ts is saying. Tried lowering the game volume all the way to 35% and still no luck. I have my headphones set as the speakers and drivers, do I need to change TS to Windows or default? Tried default and same results. Any ideas?
    faspit and Gilles Lalonde like this.

-See You On Track!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast