Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Goiania (Porsche IROC - AMS) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussions

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Default Goiania (Porsche IROC - AMS) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussions

Last edited by Joe Miller; 03-06-2018 at 10:18 PM.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Race report to come tomorrow.

But I want to apologize to Bruno Chacon.
    I was having a long and hard fight for the lead with Joe, when we came up with a group of 3 cars. Arriving on the tight "hairpin" to the left, I was behind Bruno...and went to the inside line to make my move and lap him. But right before the corner he moved over to the line I already choosed, leaving me no reaction time.

I dont think I was at fault, but I hate when Im involved in a incident that sends someone off track.

Bruno, Im really sorry. I hope you accept my apologies.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 02-20-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

I was so far off pace, I just parked it. I didn't want to be in the way of the leaders. I'm terrible in these cars.
    Jason Whited and burmcat like this.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Bruno Chacon is offline Junior Member

No problem, Angelo, excuses accepted.
    I was also in a row with Jerry and Peter Holm, there was no way to give up space on the arrival of that turn. It was an exciting race, my AMS debut and I really enjoyed it. May the next come!

Crispy Pepper is offline Chad Bartrum

Disappointed I missed the race. Laid down to take a nap, woke up 10 hours later.
    Last edited by Crispy Pepper; 02-21-2018 at 01:49 PM.

oldnslo is offline Bob Roberson

Me too Scott. However I just hung on. Didn't outrun anyone. Everyone I beat were DNF's.

Bruno Chacon is offline Junior Member

Hello guys!
    It was my first race at AMS and I really enjoyed it.
    Everything was new to me. At the beginning, I looked for a safe pace sparing the tires so that they arrived at the end of the race.
    I had a great battle with Peter Holm. A fair and respectful battle.
    A pity that in the end I had an incident with Angelo, because I would be in the fight with Peter and Jerry.
    Looking forward to the next race with you.
    Tom, Pete Holm, aaron page and 2 others like this.

Ryan Soucy is offline Junior Member

Fun race. Really intense. These cars feel completely different here than they did at Road Atlanta, much better. I was bummed to miss Cordoba, I like that track. I know I spoiled pole position with a little error, but I was glad to keep pace with the leaders. I was taking it easy on the tires and finished with about 30% left, but I was too far away.

Jason W, I didn't check the replay but I have no idea where you went. I went wide, I expected you to pass so I went out wider and got two off on the exit curb. I thought you were next to me the whole straight...

faspit is offline Frank Speer

Same for me Scott and Bob, not enough practice, was out of town for a funeral, also the new meds give me the shakes now so have to go back to Doc to get off those. It might be old age rearing its head but keeping focused is a huge job for me lately. Thinking of just working on one car and one setup, drop rfactor1 off my regiment, it isn't working right since I went to steam and I don't have the desire to fix it anymore. My summer projects are coming up so a lot of my time is going to get filled up.
    jham, Tom, aaron page and 3 others like this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Man, that was tough one.
    I dont know how I managed to win, not having Pole, not having the fastest lap, not even the better pace.
    So that was very hard fought win for me.

This race was all about experience and keep a cool head. Manage to push Ryan on the first few laps, until he made a mistake. Than I was in the lead with Joe just taking second away from Brette and Jason. I knew it that sooner rather than later he would be all over me.
    It didnt take long...and from then on it was a struggle and a big fight to keep him behind. He cleary had better pace than me, we had a few moments with traffic, he dropped back a bit at times, and aways managed to close the gap back quite easily.
    As this was my home race for this season (lol), I was not giving up without put a serious fight.
    Good thing is that Joe is also a experienced and level headed driver, and actually I could enjoy the battle and the several moments we had fighting side by side for a braking zone.
    Very good stuff.

I hope we can continue to have 20+ drivers for the rest of the season, and to the ones that missed or slept too much, please be back next time.

Cheers.
    HeatCAN, Tom, Jason Whited and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast