Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Fvee AMS Test Race Post Race and Issues report

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Had a ball!

I ran AMS maxed out, I had a bit of stuttering during T3 Lefthander and T4 Righthander but apart from that the sim worked great.

For the race, I got a better start than Frank that started just in front of me so I moved right to pass... it would have worked great if I had continued in a straight line but I was creeping left toward Frank... I did not know.

So we collided and went further left to collect Matthew... so I turn myself around. Sorry for that gents.
    Restarted last in 21st and finished 8th. I was passing guys left and right... well most made mistakes and I really passed them while they were mowing the lawn. I also mowed the lawn a couple of time but always kept it pointing the right way.
    At the end, Bill, that I had pass while he was agricultural, got back to me and started applying pressure... I pretty much kept my cool and kept y position.

I'm getting better at this!

aaron page is offline Established Member

Mark, Joe's setting in the plr file work, but the problem is finding the plr file. It sure as hell didn't show up in my Automobilista folder, so I did a search using old dos stuff (*.plr). The darned file is in your documents file, in the Automobiliista folder! Edit and save the changes, and you're good to go.
    ap
    ZigZag03 and Jason Whited like this.

Aaron... Questions!

Since this is the AMS thread, I'm assuming you are running AMS through Steam... RIGHT?

1- Your user, your Windows' user name, is it an Administrator account or a Normal user account?

2- Do you run the Automobilista executable as an Administrator?

When running with a normal user account, always install games "as an Administrator". Always right click the game installer ans choose "Run As".
    Steam should always be installed as an Admin so it can do what it wants... install itself, and subsequently, all Steam games, with all the needed permissions.

Applications, in standard user mode, have limited rights so when they need to create and/or write files, Windows, depending on version, will direct the apps to write their stuff where they can do no harm.
    That is why the user files end up in either the Documents folder or in the C:\Users\[YourWindowsUserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\ folder.

Windows... wa tha ya want?
    aaron page likes this.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running an Asus 560GTX (1gig) on an new AOC Q2963 screen... I'm doing way better! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

aaron page is offline Established Member

Ah, thanks, Gilles. I wondered why the darned file was in my documents folder! Yes, I had just let it install automatically, using Win10, through Steam. I take it that it will cause no harm for me to manually move the plr file (and any associated files) to the Automobilista folder. (just in case, I made a duplicate copy of the original install, so that I can screw things up without catastrophic consequences -- grin).

Tom Nasella copied it over and it worked. Frank Speer also used some heavy surgery and had no problems.

This thread here at CMS has some stuff...

cmsracing.com - mnrl-league - page 3 off "missing-player-file"
    faspit likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123