Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Fvee AMS Test Race Post Race and Issues report

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Default Fvee AMS Test Race Post Race and Issues report

Please post in this thread if you had any issues in race with performance/etc..things of that nature.

Replay
    Marc Cohn likes this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Thanks for the fun, gentlemans. Was a truly amazing race.
    I expected a intense and hard fought run, but that was just crazy.
    A huge fight with Darien and Jason for the win. Some awesome racing, right on the edge, great overtakes and comebacks. I did my best to give space, not overtake on a yellow or close to an accident.
    Im sorry if I did something wrong at some point, fighting you guys.

I think I had a slight advantage today, because Im racing with this car in a very, very strong championship. So Im quite familiar with it atm.
    Because of that, I didnt vote for it to this event, but seems like most of drivers like it, and that is good taste!
    There were some really strong drives there today.

Looking forward to more action with AMS here at MNRL.

Phil E is offline CMS Admin-at-large

No issues at all, the server and other racers were all very stable from a technical sense.

Great racing, and respectful driving was the name of the game. I will say it was a pucker moment anytime you needed to ask the car to do anything unexpected

davidan is offline David Anderson

No issues here everything worked great.
    Jason Whited likes this.

Marc Cohn is offline Senior Member

No issues once I switched back to 8x AF and put all the graphics settings on 'high' rather than full. Having started 20th with a car that I thought would have been maybe top 10 at best, to get all the way up to 3rd after chasing down David for 4th and fighting tooth and nail with Darien, I'd consider that to be probably one of my best drives ever within this league. Congrats Angelo and thanks to the admins as always for putting this on.

Jon Uyan is online now Senior Community Leader

Sorry guys I had to miss this one. Have an important tire testing for the VEC race that is coming soon. Nice to hear all went well.
    Marc Cohn and Jason Whited like this.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

No technical issues of any kind. The sim and server seemed to work perfectly.

I would however offer this bit of feedback: As a slower driver I am used to being overtaken and would in the past have come off line wherever possible to let people by. With the move to AMS, there is an increase amount of ‘tire turds’ off the racing line as the race progresses. Intentionally pulling off into the clag wont be happening. I’ll not be as likely to “get out of your way” as I had been in the past.
    Kurt Stevens

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Thanks for the fun, gentlemans. Was a truly amazing race.
    I expected a intense and hard fought run, but that was just crazy.
    A huge fight with Darien and Jason for the win. Some awesome racing, right on the edge, great overtakes and comebacks. I did my best to give space, not overtake on a yellow or close to an accident.
    Im sorry if I did something wrong at some point, fighting you guys.

I think I had a slight advantage today, because Im racing with this car in a very, very strong championship. So Im quite familiar with it atm.
    Because of that, I didnt vote for it to this event, but seems like most of drivers like it, and that is good taste!
    There were some really strong drives there today.

Looking forward to more action with AMS here at MNRL.
    A very fun and tough fought race, Angelo. Don't apologize for anything, you did nothing out of order and drove very gentleman like. A few times I even felt the need to back off as you might have been a little more cautious than myself near the end there while we were lapping a few others.

..hard fought battle with you and Darien as well...a blast and a privilege to be part of.

I wasn't letting P1 go without fighting tooth and nail. Gave it all I had. Hoped to find a run on the last corner at the line, but got loose just prior to that and couldn't do it. (I'd had a run off the last corner a few times and was hoping I could edge by at the finish, but it was not to be. Very nice job and congrats on the win! You handled the pressure well as I felt like I was doing all I could to force a mistake, just couldn't)

....just pure, unadulterated FUN right there!

ZigZag03 is offline Mark Ruggiero

No server issues of any sort for me. Never a hitch in framerate or others blinking. Bringing up the rear as usual, someone came back on track at a respectful distance in front of me but didn't have the grip, from the grass on tires presumably, and immediately got squirrelly in front of me. As David said, evasive, or even defensive action was bound to produce a whooaoaoa moment and I ended up head into the fence. Limped it to the pit and called it a nite, but certainly enjoyed the session up that point. Still hoping to solve my shifter issue which essentially gives me one more thing to think about in my small overloaded brain. Looking forward to help from Reiza and the next session! Thanks Jason!
    Marc Cohn likes this.
    Mark Ruggiero
    DiamondDog/Red Dwarf Racing

faspit is offline Frank Speer

My race wasn't as the rest of yours it would seem. I got a new G29 wheel and coming from a Red Momo Force with 2 pedals I was lost. Finally gave up and went without the clutch and got some of my speed and comfort back but still new wheel and pedals were tricky to me and this car requires some stability in the pedals and wheel movements.
    Starts by getting squeezed between 2 cars before the Start/finish line. Then spun it at the top of the hill missing my marks, duh. Then raced with a lot of great drivers and passing as we knocked some laps off, felt good until I miss judged my brake pedal and didn't slow enough into T1, all the way back to the end again. Now I was on a mission to not get in the way. I spun and got damage a little later on so I tried the pits, that worked great, only fixed the damage and changed tires, told me I couldn't get fuel. Easy on and easy off except for that darn siren that goes off when a car enters pit lane from the track. I have a inner ear balance issue and that came so close to triggering that, not good.
    I parked it just after that, what a race to watch, the lead was intense between the three of you then one would spin, get caught back up then another one would get all out of shape, great battle. The racing in the back was more fun to watch as they seemed to be a little more unstable with there cars so a lot of track and grass was used for some of those challenges.
    Over all great test, I think everyone realizes these cars are nuts fun, almost like the older U2 cars were. Lots of slipping and sliding to go fast with these cars. They feel so much like the real ones its uncanny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast