Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Cordoba (Porsche IROC - AMS) Post Race Data, Standings and Discussion

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Points are up.
    Please take a look and make sure you feel they are correct. If not, contact me. ...temporary, if I can get something else working so we can see more data than just finishing position/points.

Brette Brooks is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Points are up.
    Please take a look and make sure you feel they are correct. If not, contact me. ...temporary, if I can get something else working so we can see more data than just finishing position/points.
    Thanks much for your efforts Jason! Looks correct in the top 10 for sure. I did not watch everyone's position in the replay, so they can speak up if they see any errors.

Great turnout and fun race at Cordoba. Only two DNFs and Bob has already spoke to his as a Windows update (fixable with settings). I wonder if Pete got dropped out due to internet/router stuff that use to happen in rF (got to be a solution somehow).
    Marc Cohn and Jason Whited like this.

Crispy Pepper is offline Chad Bartrum

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Points are up.
    Check out rFactor 2 log analyzer. https://forum.studio-397.com/index.p...manager.48117/ Works for rf1, rf2, SCE, AMS.
    Jason Whited likes this.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Finally had the time to work with AMS enough so I could try to generate a few clips.

Clip one:

I did not reintegrate the track unsafely... I just never regain controlled of the car.

The clip begins in Aaron's car, I'm the one further down but I turn into corner 2 and out off sight. But when Aaron gets to corner 3, There's smoke, dust and dirt in the air, I'm still nowhere to be seen. I'm so far out on the grass, mowing thing all over the place, trying like hell to get the thing to point in the right direction but there's nothing to do, it's like the saucers and cups at the amusement park, it slides and spins and turns like it has a mind of it's own.

So yes I do reappear and finally stop... right in the middle of the track! Sorry to all... but not my fault!
    Good driving accolades go to Aaron, Frank, Bob and Jimmy. Not intentional guys.

The second view is from my cockpit, braking for corner 3, I was too tight on the left and the fatter rear end touched the outside grass and the car rotated on the spot. I do the twin pedal mashup to bring the front back up front but doing so sends me in the marble where the car tries to rotate for a second time. With all that weight in the back, you have to keep a bit of throttle so it doesn't instantly swap end... " NO! I'm not loosing this thing!" I roughly kept it pointing the right way but there was not any asphalt there... shots! I continued sawing at it, trying to gently nudge it toward the black stuff... but I never really had it... and I could not prevent it. It did finally swap ends on me. Trying to expedite that awkward moment, I gave it some. It spun the car alright... right on the track... OOOOPS! Not my proudest moment.

Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 02-08-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    faspit likes this.

And the 2nd clip.

@Aaron

Dude? When it happened, it wasn't like that right? I was offset to your left a bit and when your car slowed down, it went of to my right.
    Now, I watch the replay and I'm not to the left at all. I'm square behind you... NOPE!

I remember wondering what you were doing braking, not too early but more like, not halfway there yet. I braked but I couldn't do anything.
    Watching the original replay on slow, your car starts to rotates to the right before we touched. As we went through each other, I thought you had a bad case of lagging/warping... something not normal as we had no impact.

Do you know what happened Aaron ?

Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 02-08-2018 at 09:06 PM.
    faspit likes this.

Tom
    Tom is offline Tom Nasella

If you need help with setups post when you will be on the practice server and one or more of us will join you, I use to use Team speak a lot for that years ago but forgot how to use it but it helps a lot, most of the guys helping me have it and they explain why they change something in the setup to make the car do this or that so I can make my own changes later on to fit my driving style or the way I perceive the car's actions and/or control.[/QUOTE]

I like that idea, Frank! I can use the help,too. Plus, practicing along with someone is always very helpful as I can ride along, watch or go out to try to follow people. I'll post a message when I plan to hit the server from now on. I can usually practice at about any time during the day or most evenings. Hope to see others there.
    Brette Brooks likes this.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy Pepper View Post
    Check out rFactor 2 log analyzer. https://forum.studio-397.com/index.p...manager.48117/ Works for rf1, rf2, SCE, AMS.
    Damn! Thank you!
    This tool is awesome

aaron page is offline Established Member

No problems, Gilles. On the first clip, there's absolutely nothing you could have done once the car was "lost" and heading back onto the track, except for the one thing you did do, which was hold the brake and try to make the car as skinny as possible. I saw the possibilities, and managed to miss you. As far as the second clip, when it happened I thought, "Damn, you could slow down and wait for me!" but after watching the replay this morning, I saw (from all angles) that my car was CLEARLY heading to the right under braking before you got to my bumper; I had been having trouble with the approach to that turn all race long, and I must have hit the brakes just a bit too hard that time. So, unless there was some sort of internet jump or the footprint of the cars is bigger than what we see, that spin was all my fault. In no scenario was it your fault. (if I thought it was, you'd have a tougher time passing me in the next few races! grin).
    faspit likes this.

Ahhhh... Kewl ! Thanks !

Joe Miller is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslo View Post
    I'm thinking maybe Windows was updating ? How can I prevent that happening again? I'm not sure that was the cause but when I got kicked out it went to Windows updating.
    what version of windows do you have?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast