Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Automobilista. Getting started, essentials, and Q&A.

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brehm View Post
    Fanatec CSR Elite.
    That's a bit weird.
    The Formula Retros and the Boxers are both base game content. Whether you run at 100% or -100%, seems to me it should be the same whichever adjustment suits.
    I do know some wheels require reverse polarity.
    In some mods in rF, I would have to reverse for my wheel [Thrustmaster]...but base content always seemed to be the same.

Anyways, a quick glance at the Reiza forum seems to indicate similar issues for some Fanatec users. Lots of threads here if you want to browse through for a potential solution.

faspit is online now Frank Speer

My Red Momo Force as a Norm runs -100%, my old Sidewinder was +100% on the ffb settings, seems weird to flip flop from mod to mod in the same root engineer sim. I have had some weird stuff like that from "realfeel" on a few newer releases over the years. The last season of the DRM and the Eagles I had to put them in different folders because the DRM needed me to have +100% and the Eagles were at -100%, just wrong or weird. That is just how I had to do it.

I have spent a few hours in different cars with AI. I have not been able to 1. Pit for fuel during a race or 2. Get the AI to pit for fuel. Am I doing something wrong? Or does AMS not support refueling in an AI race? I have tried the Formula Trucks and half the formula cars too.
    ~Bailey
    Oh, I have also been using 7x tyres and fuel if that matters.
    Last edited by Darien Bailey; 12-24-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Marc Cohn likes this.

My Livestream @ Twitch.tv --> http://www.twitch.tv/asherao
    My YouTube Channel --> http://www.youtube.com/user/asheras

Quote Originally Posted by Darien Bailey View Post
    I have spent a few hours in different cars with AI. I have not been able to 1. Pit for fuel during a race or 2. Get the AI to pit for fuel. Am I doing something wrong? Or does AMS not support refueling in an AI race? I have tried the Formula Trucks and half the formula cars too.
    ~Bailey
    Not sure about the trucks, but which formula cars were you using? Some didn't/don't allow for refueling during the race in the real world either.

The sim fully supports those things though, I'm sure of that.

What happens when you try to pit? In which cars, specifically?
    Do the AI cars stay on track until they run out of fuel?
    Marc Cohn likes this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Normally I see on the setup screen, close to the amount of fuel you chose, if its allowed to refuel during the race or not.
    Jason Whited likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Not sure about the trucks, but which formula cars were you using? Some didn't/don't allow for refueling during the race in the real world either.

The sim fully supports those things though, I'm sure of that.

What happens when you try to pit? In which cars, specifically?
    Do the AI cars stay on track until they run out of fuel?
    I'll take some time to do more systematic testing. I'll be back with some data. So many Formula cars with different name I am all turned around. F3 is pretty darn fun by the way.
    ~Bailey
    Jason Whited likes this.

Ok, I have tried all the classes that come with the egame. It turns out that out of the 32 Class Series that are in the game, only 8 of them feature in-race refueling. Thanks Angelo for the tip. It in fact does say weather you can refuel during the race or not. The classes that I have found that can refuel are Formula V10, Stock Car, Formula V12, V8s, Endurance, AJR, Boxer, and Ultima. Luck had it that all the classes I tried to race with were none of these.

Automobilista 1.4.93.jpg
    ~Bailey
    Marc Cohn and Jason Whited like this.

ZigZag03 is offline Mark Ruggiero

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Cohn View Post
    The wheel I sent you is an older model that takes up two USB device profiles (hopefully I'd made that clear enough when I sold it to you), hence the DUAL ARCADE profiles which the newer model doesn't have. However, this shouldn't prevent both profiles from being recognized. Have you tried making a new profile from scratch without auto detecting to see what happens?
    Yes for sure Marc you did make that clear, and this is the first time I've run into any issue with it. I have not blown out the original config and done from scratch so I'll get into all that after the day's festivities have quieted down. Hope everyone is having a beautiful morning!
    Marc Cohn and Jason Whited like this.
    Mark Ruggiero
    DiamondDog/Red Dwarf Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Darien Bailey View Post
    I'll take some time to do more systematic testing. I'll be back with some data. So many Formula cars with different name I am all turned around. F3 is pretty darn fun by the way.
    ~Bailey
    Licensing skirting...

Everybody seems to like the F3s.
    Personally, I can't seem to adapt to them for some reason. Strange too, I can sling around a much higher powered, more beastly F1 car all day long. Yet, somehow this little car keeps trying to kill me.
    Not sure I've ever ran an actual race in those (did some races in the in the GSCE days) without a big crash.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

To me personally, in terms of lower Formula classes, nothing beats the Formula Vee.
    Cant believe how underrated that car is. Is a challenge to drive and a blast to race.
    It provides truly epic racing.

But Im biased. I love the historical context and the historical feeling of that car. Feels like a Formula car straight from the 60s!
    Marc Cohn likes this.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast