Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Automobilista. Getting started, essentials, and Q&A.

ZigZag03 is offline Mark Ruggiero

This is working well for me except for the the paddles on my Polsimer wheel. For some reason the sim sees it as two separate controllers and won't allow both sides of the wheel to work at the same time. So all the right side buttons and the paddle won't work. I have to set up one of the left side buttons for upshifting and use the paddle for downshifting. I have no such problems in iRacing or RF2. Seems strange, but actually doesn't effect driving all that much once fingers are trained. The sim is beautiful.
    Mark Ruggiero
    DiamondDog/Red Dwarf Racing

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZag03 View Post
    This is working well for me except for the the paddles on my Polsimer wheel. For some reason the sim sees it as two separate controllers and won't allow both sides of the wheel to work at the same time. So all the right side buttons and the paddle won't work. I have to set up one of the left side buttons for upshifting and use the paddle for downshifting. I have no such problems in iRacing or RF2. Seems strange, but actually doesn't effect driving all that much once fingers are trained. The sim is beautiful.
    I'm not quite sure I fully understand this issue...but even if the sim sees it as two separate controllers, shouldn't you be able to map your gear controls on the two "separate controllers"?
    In the controller menu, you can map to many different controllers...but you might already know/see that.

I agree, the sim is beautiful

....Good work around though, if that's comfortable for you and you don't want to bother too much/long with maybe fixing it.

Maybe go over to the Reiza help/support forum and dig around or ask.

Jason, I misspoke actually. The computer sees the pedals, the G27 and 2 devices (JOAD or something like that EDIT: JUYAO DUAL ARCADE) and when I pull up those individual profiles, one of them handles one half the wheel, and likewise the other. The sim actually seems only to see the pedals and the G27, yet somehow must attach one of those profiles, the left side one apparently, to the wheel. If I let the sim auto detect, it finds the G27 and I can't then map anything from the wheel. Marc Cohen suggested that maybe I just have too many usb devices going at the same time and perhaps I should pare down the ones not necessary to racing. I will experiment with this a little later on. Film at 11...
    Last edited by ZigZag03; 12-24-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    Jason Whited and faspit like this.
    Mark Ruggiero

Jason, I misspoke actually. The computer sees the pedals, the G27 and 2 devices (JOAD or something like that EDIT: JUYAO DUAL ARCADE) and when I pull up those individual profiles, one of them handles one half the wheel, and likewise the other. The sim actually seems only to see the pedals and the G27, yet somehow must attach one of those profiles, the left side one apparently, to the wheel. If I let the sim auto detect, it finds the G27 and I can't then map anything from the wheel. Marc Cohen suggested that maybe I just have too many usb devices going at the same time and perhaps I should pare down the ones not necessary to racing. I will experiment with this a little later on. Film at 11...
    In the in game menu...controller options...then "axis"...there is a list of the different controllers possible at the bottom. IIRC there are 7 or maybe even 9 listed there.
    You have more usb devices than this? (mouse and keyboard do not count, but I imagine you know that)

ETA: I let the sim auto detect my wheel...but it's really just as easy to set it all up yourself. After auto detecting, nothing was to my liking anyways, so remapped most everything. It's just a matter of knowing what you use in game/race and mapping that. Lots of functions that are generally not used much outside of testing/setting up/etc.
    Perhaps try this...identify which controller is which...and map everything individually. (For me, my wheel shows as controller 2, not 1....my sequential shifter shows as 1. For a while, I was setting sensitivities and such on controller one, thinking it was my wheel...then wondering why it had no effect. A closer look at all those options and settings set me straight on that. Maybe try something to that effect...?..)

Good luck...I imagine you'll have it sorted soon enough. Seem to know your way around it well enough.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-24-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Joe Miller is offline Established Member

Sounds like you need to go ask Polsimer. POLSIMER

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post
    Sounds like you need to go ask Polsimer. POLSIMER
    Did it yesterday via Facebook, waiting on a response from them. It's hardly an emergency, and over the holidays I expect that they'll get to it when they get a chance.

EDIT: I also tried the Rieza forum but can't post there until they send me confirmation email. I've poked it twice with no results, but will keep trying...
    Last edited by ZigZag03; 12-24-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    Mark Ruggiero

Marc Cohn is online now Senior Member

The wheel I sent you is an older model that takes up two USB device profiles (hopefully I'd made that clear enough when I sold it to you), hence the DUAL ARCADE profiles which the newer model doesn't have. However, this shouldn't prevent both profiles from being recognized. Have you tried making a new profile from scratch without auto detecting to see what happens?
    Last edited by Marc Cohn; 12-24-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    Jason Whited likes this.

Bill Brehm is offline Retired

So far everything is running pretty smooth. I do have one thing that is odd. My controller seems to change polarity on different cars. For example I use -100% FFB with Formula Retro, but use +100% with the Boxer. I'm assuming there it's some hard coding in the mod. Anybody else getting this? Other than that, FFB isn't bad.
    Last edited by Bill Brehm; 12-25-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    Marc Cohn likes this.
    "In order to win, you have to be aggressive - with your car, with the racetrack, and with the competition. But you don't have to be stupid about it." - Carroll Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brehm View Post
    So far everything is running pretty smooth. I do have one thing that is odd. My controller seems to change polarity on different games. For example I use -100% FFB with Formula Retro, but use +100% with the Boxer. I'm assuming there it's some hard coding in the mod. Anybody else getting this? Other than that, FFB isn't bad.
    Which wheel?

Bill Brehm is offline Retired

Fanatec CSR Elite.
    Marc Cohn likes this.
    "In order to win, you have to be aggressive - with your car, with the racetrack, and with the competition. But you don't have to be stupid about it." - Carroll Smith

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast