Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Automobilista. Getting started, essentials, and Q&A.

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Default Automobilista. Getting started, essentials, and Q&A.

This thread is to be used for all questions related to Automobilista (AMS).

First, and probably the most helpful, is the simulators manual itself. The file path is below. You must own the sim to access this pdf.
    "/Steam/steamapps/common/Automobilista/support/Automobilista_User_Guide_EN.pdf"

Also of note, Reiza Studios Forum (sim developers forum. Some questions might be better directed there. They are generally quick to answer, and very helpful)

And, the Automobilista Motorsports Simulator home site.

...more to follow, I'm short on time at the moment but wanted to get the thread up so that those having any issues can start to post their questions.
    Working together, any issues one might suffer can be resolved quite easily, with a little patience and persistence. We'll do that here, so feel free to ask if you are having any issues, no matter if they seem like "dumb" questions or not. There are no "dumb" questions (well, ok..they are, but you get my drift )
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-23-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    burmcat likes this.

How would I set up triple screen without using NVidia control panel? I have recently set up rFactor , but I cant see the correct resolution in AMS, nor can I enable Multiview.
    ~Bailey

My Livestream @ Twitch.tv --> http://www.twitch.tv/asherao
    My YouTube Channel --> http://www.youtube.com/user/asheras

Quote Originally Posted by Darien Bailey View Post
    How would I set up triple screen without using NVidia control panel? I have recently set up rFactor , but I cant see the correct resolution in AMS, nor can I enable Multiview.
    ~Bailey
    Have you looked at the instructions per the manual for setting up triples?
    There's a bit on it in that manual in the OP. (Not sure if the link works. But, go into Steam library and right click Automobilista. You'll see it in the options when you do so)

P.S. There may still be some issues that are being worked on, with multi view. I believe I remember reading something about it.
    Do you have dynohud enabled, or off?

I suggest off, but it seems the patches a few weeks ago fixed that issue for me.
    I suggest looking closely at the Reiza forum...the help area is a great place with answers that will resolve issues for some. May help, may not, but worth a shot.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-22-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Have you looked at the instructions per the manual for setting up triples?
    There's a bit on it in that manual in the OP. (Not sure if the link works. But, go into Steam library and right click Automobilista. You'll see it in the options when you do so)

P.S. There may still be some issues that are being worked on, with multi view. I believe I remember reading something about it.
    Do you have dynohud enabled, or off?

I suggest off, but it seems the patches a few weeks ago fixed that issue for me.
    I suggest looking closely at the Reiza forum...the help area is a great place with answers that will resolve issues for some. May help, may not, but worth a shot.
    Unfortunately the Manual explains things with Nvidia enabled. I do not have that option because my resolution is so wide at 6400x1080.
    dynohud is disabled.
    I'll go ahead and search through the forums, I havent checked those.
    ~Bailey
    Update: Ok, I found some stuff in the forums that suggested messing with the config file. I went to C:\...Documents\Automobilista\config.ini and changed a few things

WindowedMode=0
    SubViews=0
    WidescreenUI=1
    CustomVidRes=(0, 0)
    to

WindowedMode=1
    SubViews=0
    WidescreenUI=1
    CustomVidRes=(6400, 1080)
    Looks Great.

ams1.jpg
    Last edited by Darien Bailey; 12-22-2017 at 06:42 PM.

My Livestream @ Twitch.tv --> http://www.twitch.tv/asherao
    My YouTube Channel --> http://www.youtube.com/user/asheras

Quote Originally Posted by Darien Bailey View Post
    Unfortunately the Manual explains things with Nvidia enabled. I do not have that option because my resolution is so wide at 6400x1080.
    dynohud is disabled.
    I'll go ahead and search through the forums, I havent checked those.
    ~Bailey
    Update: Ok, I found some stuff in the forums that suggested messing with the config file. I went to C:\...Documents\Automobilista\config.ini and changed a few things

to

Looks Great.

ams1.jpg

Nice!
    Glad to hear you got that sorted, Darien.

faspit is offline Frank Speer

OK, got it downloaded. then it crashes whenever I try anything even just see the manual. Uninstall, reinstall. it started to work, I opened the pdf user guild on my machine, setup graphics, good, but no wheel. I have the old red Momo Force. So now same as rf1 and rf2 I have to config my own profile. Then the sim crashes again. Read up and deleted my video OC program from MSI and the one from EVGA, now deleting my amd OC software. we shall see.
    still have not made it to a car yet.

edit, 4 hours later, got most sorted out, amazing how similar rf1 and this are. the ffb and the visuals are awsome... need more wheel center spring and wheel pressure. Need to learn to drive all over again with this much feed back on the wheel.
    Last edited by faspit; 12-22-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faspit View Post
    OK, got it downloaded. then it crashes whenever I try anything even just see the manual. Uninstall, reinstall. it started to work, I opened the pdf user guild on my machine, setup graphics, good, but no wheel. I have the old red Momo Force. So now same as rf1 and rf2 I have to config my own profile. Then the sim crashes again. Read up and deleted my video OC program from MSI and the one from EVGA, now deleting my amd OC software. we shall see.
    still have not made it to a car yet.
    If you need some help with the red Momo, if I'm not mistaken, Gilles uses that wheel/very similar wheel...might be helpful.
    Seems it's some stuff on your end? But looks like you are working on it and know what to do/try...

I have to config my profile as well. Not an old wheel but not one preset either.
    Did you run the AMS config file and disable the dynohud?
    faspit likes this.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Established Member

Yes I do have a similar wheel but it's even worst, It the one before the MoMo Force, the smooth, cable driven, Wingman Formula Force.
    that thing is so modded, ball bearing kit, bigger lower resistance resistors on the motor... all kinds-o-chiest.

I will take some time before I'm up to speed... if ever. I'm all set to purchase it, just waiting on PayPal. I should be running by the end of next week.
    It's a big question mark if my own wheel is gonna work.

Frank, the Black or the Red Momo?
    Win 7 - 10... 32 or 64bits?

Jason, the link for the "Automobilista Setup Guide/Instruction Manual Found Here" links to your C:\ drive...
    It wont work for users who has it installed differently. just show the path to it: "/Steam/steamapps/common/Automobilista/support/Automobilista_User_Guide_EN.pdf"
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 12-22-2017 at 11:07 PM.
    Jason Whited likes this.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running an Asus 560GTX (1gig) on an new AOC Q2963 screen... I'm doing way better! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

faspit is offline Frank Speer

Yes, I had a bad original download from Steam, had to clear the download cache. Then it grabbed a new download and all works. I have the red Momo Force, gear drive. Making my own wheel this winter, using wheel and column from a 1990 rx7, using my old red Momo to drive it with updated servo motors and more power. Have a new aluminum part in the lathe to replace that drive cone that attaches the servo gears to the wheel, the one that brakes on the red Momo. Just need to fit the bearings and the gear flanges then mill the little "L" bracket for the encoder at the small end. I have a mill but have to finish making my phase converter to run it. I have all the tools, gages, holders and all after 30 years as a machinist/ tool and die maker/ machine builder/ engineer. Ya, jack of all, master of none....lol.

Got on track with the formula vintage 1967, love those grooved bias ply tires, little known fact, the US had lower profile tires and stronger sidewalls than the rest of the world so the Us seemed to have better cars and drivers but it was the sidewalls that helped control the tire deflection and therefore longer tire wear under the same conditions. This was true up to the mid to late 1990's.

Made up my own wheel profile, easier with this sim, maybe I'm just use to it now. I missed on my wheel strength, set it to 80% but should have it at 95% I think, might move the default it gave me to the 360 setting and give it a try first. So much to do so little time...

Got to get some real car parts Saturday, pulling rear end out of one truck, bring it home then swap it into my truck, suppose to be like 32 degrees for a high too. With loosing so much weight this year I just cannot keep warm anymore. That is another story, I lost 130# in 12 months, lost 2" off my height too, no clothes fit and shoes are too big now too. Same food my wife eats, she is gluten intolerant, and she gained 5 lbs this year..

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    Jason, the link for the "Automobilista Setup Guide/Instruction Manual Found Here" links to your C:\ drive...
    It wont work for users who has it installed differently. just show the path to it: "/Steam/steamapps/common/Automobilista/support/Automobilista_User_Guide_EN.pdf"
    Yeah, yeah.

Fixed it to just show the file path. (More work to do on this when I have time...checked that link on the race machine where AMS is installed and it worked, for obvious reasons. Forgot to check it off that machine. )
    Gilles Lalonde likes this.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast