Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: ATT: Announcement concering the future of MNRL (ALL INTERESTED DRIVERS, PLEASE READ)

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Darien Bailey View Post
    I am looking forward to using AMS (literally the most odd abbreviation for a sim I have ever seen. I necer connected the dots till now...). I have raced in it a few times and it really does feel like an updated version of rFactor, more or less. Actually more. Much more. My question is "How do I get the discounted season pass when I already have the game?!?!?
    ~Bailey
    Save 50% on Automobilista - Season Pass for all DLCs on Steam

That $19.99 deal is the best it gets for those of us that own the base game, but wish to upgrade to "season pass".
    Given the excellence of the content though, it's still well worth it. ...that's an understatement, really.

Also, I agree with your assessment of AMS, thanks for adding it here.
    AMS continues to get better and better. I look forward to a few of the updates in the base game that are coming, first part of next year (supposedly)... ...limited tire sets (as an option) just being one of the main ones for me, personally.
    I think that could add a really cool level of depth to pit stops and race strategy that we haven't really seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Brette Brooks View Post
    Good summary Aaron!

In either case, I am assuming the admins. will continue to make any non-base content cars and tracks we use available in the series race announcement threads. Jason/Joe should chime in on this to confirm the base game is all that is needed if people want to minimize what is already a small cost (Jeesh - I could spend more on lunch at a fast food joint at 2017 prices).

That was Aaron's question. The quotes didn't work right in his edit of his original, I think. That was my summary.

But yes, base is all that is required. Though if guys can swing it, the "season pass" is being recommended at this time simply because it's the best deal and we will eventually want to use some of those tracks that are in some of that DLC content.
    aaron page likes this.

Hoogs is offline Christien Hoogveld

Count me in for the AMS races. Finally a series running AMS!!!!!!!
    Marc Cohn and Jason Whited like this.

I just saw this, will also add it to the OP here.

From Reiza, today!
    Automobilista - Final 2017 Development Update

Scott Beck is online now Rothmans Racing

Buy it Jerry. You won't be disappointed. $26, worth every penny.
    Jason Whited likes this.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

faspit is offline Frank Speer

This sounds good and all but, why go to another limited sim that may or may not be around in the near future? Why not just go to rFactor 2 on sale for $15.99 at Steam. The older mod cars are there and most older machines can run it. Just for myself I don't know if I want to go to another old game modified to be better than what has just died off. I bought rf2 last year and love it, I keep with MNRL for my friend Norm, and to those that I have known for years sim racing and new racers here too.

I have too much on my plate now and my body is slowing me down a lot. I have 3 cars to restore or build from frame off. I have a old ARCA car we have to rebody, build an engine and assemble before season starts for our road racing.
    I have my CNC machines and some designs I have to finish then produce and market.
    I am also in the middle of suing our old Mortgage Company for its accounting mismanagement.
    I got too much going on to learn another thing, full plate is overflowing. My $0.02 is make one move not several, sounds like more work to have 3 sims on the servers when one is dead now and another is not that new. I don't want or think leaving anyone behind is good either but it is cheaper for me to buy a newer longer lasting sim and save my money to buy better computer equipment. Now that is my idea for now.

Sorry if I don't come along on this ride. Just not a cost effective plan to me in my situation today.
    Bill Brehm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by faspit View Post
    This sounds good and all but, why go to another limited sim that may or may not be around in the near future? Why not just go to rFactor 2 on sale for $15.99 at Steam. The older mod cars are there and most older machines can run it. Just for myself I don't know if I want to go to another old game modified to be better than what has just died off. I bought rf2 last year and love it, I keep with MNRL for my friend Norm, and to those that I have known for years sim racing and new racers here too.

I have too much on my plate now and my body is slowing me down a lot. I have 3 cars to restore or build from frame off. I have a old ARCA car we have to rebody, build an engine and assemble before season starts for our road racing.
    I have my CNC machines and some designs I have to finish then produce and market.
    I am also in the middle of suing our old Mortgage Company for its accounting mismanagement.
    I got too much going on to learn another thing, full plate is overflowing. My $0.02 is make one move not several, sounds like more work to have 3 sims on the servers when one is dead now and another is not that new. I don't want or think leaving anyone behind is good either but it is cheaper for me to buy a newer longer lasting sim and save my money to buy better computer equipment. Now that is my idea for now.

Sorry if I don't come along on this ride. Just not a cost effective plan to me in my situation today.
    Check your inbox, Frank

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Looks like Im joining you MNRL guys in a near future, hopefully!
    Jason already knows I love AMS.

Just wish we can give the Aussie Racing Cars, that little Camaros, a run!

And the Porsche sugested on the OP....1974...it is AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Looks like Im joining you MNRL guys in a near future, hopefully!
    Jason already knows I love AMS.

Just wish we can give the Aussie Racing Cars, that little Camaros, a run!

And the Porsche sugested on the OP....1974...it is AMAZING!
    Glad to see you found it quickly, Angelo. And glad to hear you'll try to join us, I look forward to it!
    Nothing's out of the question right now. In the future, we plan to do a variety of things in this sim. Thanks for the input, I'll add to my list of things to check out

And YES. The '74 911s.....Just WOW. One of my favorites!
    They are simply a blast to drive.

Addressing the issue of why we would choose AMS over rF2 (as just one example)....

rF2 also has it's issues. All the sims do, if we are to be honest with ourselves.
    However, I'd rather just say this.

AMS has more pros than cons for us.
    The number one "pro" to using AMS over rF2 is that our MNRL modders are already familiar with the modding process. Conversions from rF and GSCE are super easy in AMS. The modding process is the same because this sim is using the same game engine as rF1.
    The rF2 modding process is substantially more complex and can be cumbersome. This could be expanded on, but I'll leave at at this for now.

So, that's our primary concern. Moving MNRL stuff to an updated sim at some point, as well as utilizing the awesome base content, and some other stuff we've cooked up and will cook up in the future.
    jham and Marc Cohn like this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast