Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: ATT: Announcement concering the future of MNRL (ALL INTERESTED DRIVERS, PLEASE READ)

Jason Whited is offline Community Leader

Default ATT: Announcement concering the future of MNRL (ALL INTERESTED DRIVERS, PLEASE READ)

Alright guys. It's time. (If this post feels rushed, it's because we weren't sure until hours ago that this would work out the way I personally assumed it would. So just know that this decision did not come about in the haste this post assumes. We've been planning and testing for some time now and some of you are already and have been part of some of those discussions. This post is for ALL DRIVERS interested in the 2018 MNRL Series, and beyond)

Please read this entire post!

Backstory:

As many of you know, especially those that migrated from R2P with MNRL, at the time of R2Ps demise MNRL was not using rFactor for our racing. We were using GSCE (Game Stock Car Extreme)
    One reason for this was the issue(s) with matchmaker (which is not coming back this time, by the way).
    But beyond that, another reason MNRL moved to GSCE is because it was a step above rFactor in a variety of ways.
    In past discussions with Norm, he told me it was his opinion (an opinion I have as well) that GSCE was the best available sim for MNRL at that time. The MNRL rFactor conversions to GSCE are the reason I am here amongst you. It is where my sim "career" started, and it is where MNRL would be to this day if it was not for the demise of R2P.

When MNRL was graciously invited to be a part of CMS, the decision was made to revert to rFactor, mainly to draw in larger numbers as we adapted to our new home. It was much easier to bring in newcomers because more already owned rFactor, so it was just a matter of getting them to fire it up again.
    The plan was never to stay with rFactor forever though.
    The idea was/is to utilize the best tool available to us, for the most amount of users. The ideal is, maximum "realism" and maximum fun in a setting that matches the real world in the closest possible way we can (and again, fun!)...

The Plan:

Now, I've spent countless nights and days over the last month or more trying to figure out what I was going to say when this time came. I've went from trying to sell you guys on it with some nice looking thread here, to trying to explain the myriad cool new features we will have in AMS (Automobilista) that we can and intend to incorporate into our racing.

I've went over this 1000 different ways in my mind....and I've decided against all of them.
    I decided (on the fly, no less) that I will simply lay this out with the same approach I've often used here....I'll just type it out, let it flow, and let everyone decide for themselves.

So this little tidbit above says it all.

In 2018, MNRL will be running championship series in AMS.
    For now, we will be hosting 2 series as we've been doing....alternating weeks, same scheme. But this time, one series will be in rF, and another in AMS.

After the start of the year, we will be doing a few test races and we'll take the time to help anyone that needs help getting this sim up and running.
    Do NOT FEAR! If you are already here reading this, you are very capable of using this sim and you won't have a huge learning curve to hurdle over either. This sim is set up in a VERY similar fashion to rF. The game engine is the same. The sim itself is leaps and bounds forward. (But again, I won't try to sale you on it. The links I'll provide, and the sim itself when you experience it, will do that for me)

IMPORTANT!

We have been holding off on this announcement because we were waiting for the sim to again be on sale at Steam.
    Today, that happened.
    I would recommend you buy the complete package, but if you are short of cash to do so, the base game will suffice for the time being (probably the entire 2018 seasons) and you can pick up the DLC content at another sale. It's your choice...

I would not ask you to make this move with us if I wasn't absolutely certain this will increase the fun and immersion and challenge for all of us.
    This is a very very small price to pay for what you are getting...trust me, you will feel like you stole this content after you realize what you just got for the little money you just spent.

So, without further rambling from me (yeah yeah, I know I'm too long winded. ...thanks for putting up with me...lol)

Save 70% on Automobilista on Steam

And....for some additional information on the sim, I'll steal the videos that Gilles posted last night.

This sim features something we have never had before.....a dynamic track that will build rubber and change as we race on it
    This alone sets it apart from rFactor and is leaps and bounds forward.
    But that's not all.

Please.....take a few moments when you have a chance, and check this sim out.
    If you plan to race with MNRL in the future, get over to Steam asap and buy this sim while it is on sale cheap!

Official Reiza forum (makers of AMS)

.................................................. ....

If there are questions, or help is needed, feel free to discuss here.
    Part of the reason for this thread is to announce this, the other half is to discuss this. So, if you have a need or wish to discuss....shot!

(This sale on the sim started today and will run until Jan. 4th. After that, it will be regular priced again. So grab it while it's hot!)

LINK to REIZA HOME SITE, MANY DETAILS!

Joe has a server up and running, but not on the CMS servers as we're currently ironing out some details.
    We've put up some base content to test settings and such. Server name, and password details are the same as they are here.
    Currently running is Formula Retro at Interlagos '76.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-22-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Also, just for teasers sake... a little birdie came to me with a vision that looked a little something like this.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

I think you have a real winning format here. I love RF1, but it is outdated. AMS has just released some really high end updates and I think it will be very good now. For those who want to stay with RF1, they can. For those that want a change, they will have it.

I'm very happy with the changes MNRL have planned. I think it's going to be a great 2018 season. Good job!
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

jerrymcc is offline Jerry McComas

Was not planning on buying this mod, but may consider it ... rF1 server list is gone and it's outdated.

Sale is good ... are you suggesting the Holiday Special or the Season Pass ($26)?

Also, how is AMS on older computers, is it easier or sim to rF2, AC, PC2, etc?
    Marc Cohn and Jason Whited like this.

aaron page is offline Established Member

Just to be clear, you are talking about the Holiday special with all the goodies for $20?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/431600/Automobilista/

Your choice, Aaron. The base game is $8.99.
    The pack with base game and all current DLC is $20.93
    And the pack with base game, all current AND all future DLC is $26.08.

For the time being, the base game is all that will be required for our purposes.
    Given that this is the cheapest you will find it, I'd recommend the $26 deal, or at the least, the $20.93 deal.
    However, the base game will suffice for at least a year. Plenty of content there to keep us busy and we intend to use it while everyone adapts and gets their legs about them in this sim (it won't take much, I promise. The interface is very similar to rF. File structure is nearly identical with a few added things. Modding your game is exactly the same. All simple stuff for those accustomed to this, I would imagine)

The DLCs contain some content we will use in the future, and that's why I recommend it.
    But, I don't personally own the DLC content yet. I'll be one of the hold outs for that extra content because can't swing even that little bit of extra cost after the hit I took a few weeks ago. (new heating sources don't come cheap)

Ok, thanks. I may as well go the whole route, since we'll likely be using this sim for a few years. Btw, I feel your pain on the heating source!
    Last edited by aaron page; 12-21-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrymcc View Post
    Was not planning on buying this mod, but may consider it ... rF1 server list is gone and it's outdated.

Sale is good ... are you suggesting the Holiday Special or the Season Pass ($26)?

Also, how is AMS on older computers, is it easier or sim to rF2, AC, PC2, etc?
    The only difference in the two is that the $20.93 package won't give you access to some DLC content that may come about in the future. The $26 deal gives you all the current DLC, and access to Beta, etc.
    The base game will suffice though if that is all one wants to spend on this right now. It's all we'll need for our purposes for a while. This sale happens regularly, so if one has to, or wants to, that can wait. (see my post above to Aaron, a bit more detailed on that)

P.S. Buy it Jerry! You won't regret it.
    It runs GREAT on older pcs. If one can run rF well, one can run this sim well. It is optimized and often runs better than the old rF. Looks a lot better, even being on the same gaming engine as the original rF.
    Some say it's just "rFactor on steroids"....I won't go into all the ways that it's absolutely NOT just "rF on steroids" right this moment (getting some writers cramp now..lol) but just buy it, try it, trust me....it's FAR MORE than just "rFactor on steroids"....it is a sim of it's own, and is the most well rounded product on the market, period! And I do mean period!

I am certain others not familiar with it will agree once they try it.
    And those among us who do already own it and utilize it....I'm speaking for them as well here.
    We've discussed much of this at length and are sure you guys are going to LOVE what we can put together in this sim. So many possibilities and options that we don't have in rF to add to the immersion and fun for our series.
    Brette Brooks likes this.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Established Member

LoL, I find steam marketing, choice of words, lacks precision.

The "Automobilista + Season Pass for All DLCs", I see it includes the "Special Holiday Bundle" plus the "Season Pass" but it does not list Hockenheim, the third "Legendary Track". What's not clear is... when that year has passed, I understand that any new DLCs wont be free anymore but the ones that were included and the other ones that are forthcoming for that period, do I continue to own them after or do I end up loosing them and I'll be left with just the sim itself? It would not make sense but it is not clearly stipulated.

Steam sale support is hidden away or something, can't find any link to ask them...

BTW, it's not bad, my price in Canadian pesos is $22.95 and $28.69.
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 12-21-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    Marc Cohn and Brette Brooks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    LoL, I find steam marketing, choice of words, lacks precision.

The "Automobilista + Season Pass for All DLCs", I see it includes the "Special Holiday Bundle" plus the "Season Pass" but it does not list Hockenheim, the third "Legendary Track". What's not clear is... when that year has passed, I understand that any new DLCs wont be free anymore but the ones that were included and the other ones that are forthcoming for that period, do I continue to own them after or do I end up loosing them and I'll be left with just the sim itself? It would not make sense but it is not clearly stipulated.

Steam sale support is hidden away or something, can't find any link to ask them...
    If you click "bundle info" it gives the full details

Season pass actually means you get all DLC now in existence, plus all upcoming DLC (which at this point, won't be too much, mostly updates more than new cars and such. At build 1.50, work stops. Word is a few more updates to achieve that, then it's "complete")......And yes, you own it for life, they don't take it away from you.

Only difference in the Season Pass/Holiday deal is that the holiday deal doesn't include BETA access, or access to any new DLC content (which again, won't be much. Reiza isn't pay to play like you might imagine or see with some other sims/games)
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-21-2017 at 05:59 PM.

I am looking forward to using AMS (literally the most odd abbreviation for a sim I have ever seen. I necer connected the dots till now...). I have raced in it a few times and it really does feel like an updated version of rFactor, more or less. Actually more. Much more. My question is "How do I get the discounted season pass when I already have the game?!?!?
    ~Bailey
    Durrrrr. I just realized the full name of the game....Noooooow the abbreviation makes sense!
    Last edited by Darien Bailey; 12-21-2017 at 06:05 PM.

My Livestream @ Twitch.tv --> http://www.twitch.tv/asherao
    My YouTube Channel --> http://www.youtube.com/user/asheras

Brette Brooks is offline New Member - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post
    Just to be clear, you are talking about the Holiday special with all the goodies for $20?

Save 70% on Automobilista on Steam

Your choice, Aaron. The base game is $8.99.
    The pack with base game and all current DLC is $20.93
    And the pack with base game, all current AND all future DLC is $26.08.

For the time being, the base game is all that will be required for our purposes.
    Given that this is the cheapest you will find it, I'd recommend the $26 deal, or at the least, the $20.93 deal.
    However, the base game will suffice for at least a year. Plenty of content there to keep us busy and we intend to use it while everyone adapts and gets their legs about them in this sim (it won't take much, I promise. The interface is very similar to rF. File structure is nearly identical with a few added things. Modding your game is exactly the same. All simple stuff for those accustomed to this, I would imagine)

The DLCs contain some content we will use in the future, and that's why I recommend it.
    But, I don't personally own the DLC content yet. I'll be one of the hold outs for that extra content because can't swing even that little bit of extra cost after the hit I took a few weeks ago. (new heating sources don't come cheap)

Ok, thanks. I may as well go the whole route, since we'll likely be using this sim for a few years. Btw, I feel your pain on the heating source!
    Good summary Aaron! These prices are dirt cheap compared to almost any (if not all, including sales) other sims on the market and there is a boat load of base content. Probably about half the base content are different open wheel series from Formula ""V all the way up to 2017 equivalent F1 cars. The second biggest group are South American based racing series cars and most of the tracks, as it was in GSCE. The third are cars from Britain, Germany and USA (some historic). In all categories, REIZA has skirted around paying some manufacturer/series licensing fees, and thus kept prices quite low, by keeping names and some details generic with there own paint schemes, car and driver names (some amusing combinations of real ones). Some of the more recent additional real life car and track add-ons from REIZA come in the DLC packs.

If we try to stick with historic only cars, that will require three things:
    1. Sticking with the historic base content (which could keep us busy for a while)
    2. Accessing the work from some others already done and available at places like Race Department (this could keep us busy even longer)
    3. Porting some of our favorite MNRL mods not already done elsewhere into AMS.

Between these three alternatives, we could stay busy for a few years enjoying the upgrades to the gmotor2 gaming engine that AMS brings to the table. If we open up the car type usage criteria to allow some more modern content and mods, that opens the usage options and variety door even more. In either case, I am assuming the admins. will continue to make any non-base content cars and tracks we use available in the series race announcement threads. Jason/Joe should chime in on this to confirm the base game is all that is needed if people want to minimize what is already a small cost (Jeesh - I could spend more on lunch at a fast food joint at 2017 prices).

In the meantime, I am sure REIZA, Kunos, S397, R3E and others will be working on refinements and the next generation of sims beyond what they currently offer while we continue to race on the most cost effective gMotor 2 life extension AMS provides (thanks to the likes of Race Department).
    Marc Cohn likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast