Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Troubleshooting the lag we had at the beginning of the Porsche race

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

The ones that faced few problems, or almost no problems with lag, can post which type of connection, down speed and up speed...you have setted on your game? I would aprecciate.
    Im starting to think that is something on my end...even with a 15mb connection.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

I don't have an expensive connection, pinging the master DNS 4.2.2.2 gives me: Average = 22ms

The first few lines of my Multiplayer.ini are:

[ Multiplayer General Options ]
    Network Connection Type="1" // 0=56k, 1=256k/64k, 2=1MB/256k, 3=2MB/512k, 4=5MB/1MB, 5=10MB/2MB, 6=LAN, 7=custom
    Upstream KBPS="256" // Rated uploading speed of connection, in kilobits per second
    Downstream KBPS="256" // Rated downloading speed of connection, in kilobits per second

I saw some warping but not much. It did not bother me too much. it would happened and it would go away.
    I remember doing races at R2P with people who lagged and warped from flag to flag. That was thought!
    AngeloRacer likes this.

faspit is offline Frank Speer

Is it just me or does it seem that almost every time there is a warping issue or lag issues it usually comes down to a bad car file. We have a few added cars so is it possible to check the car files for some abnormality? We are new here to this mod and sim so not sure but in RF1 it was more common to have server lag and warping when we had custom pained cars than for anything else.

I'm just asking.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by faspit View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem that almost every time there is a warping issue or lag issues it usually comes down to a bad car file. We have a few added cars so is it possible to check the car files for some abnormality? We are new here to this mod and sim so not sure but in RF1 it was more common to have server lag and warping when we had custom pained cars than for anything else.

I'm just asking.
    I'd be inclined to think that, if it wasn't for this.

Not just us, and not just mod content.

I wish we could get some more response on this, but without running base game content (both track/car) our traces are useless.
    Modding is not "officially supported" so any trace given to them would be ignored (unless perhaps we could definitively figure out the cause and a possible solution)...then maybe they would take notice.

I've heard recent chatter about a patch coming soon. Been sort of stalling till then, see if that might address this issue in some way. Seems to be recent, not seen in earlier builds.

Strangely though, it doesn't always happen.
    I race at RaceDepartment in AMS (club events for now) and the other day we did the AJRs (base content car) at Road America (mod track from the track pack we are using here) and there were nearly 25 cars on track. Not once with the stutters or disappearing and/or "rubberbanding" cars.

So, I'm still not entirely sure what we are seeing happening at times.

...tell you one thing though, to me personally, it's annoying as hell. Drives me nuts when I'm trying to go wheel to wheel with another car or apply pressure but am afraid to get too close for fear of the game stuttering or a car suddenly shuffling all the way across the track.

From a post in that thread I linked above...
    The DedicatedServer is consuming an abnormal amount of processing, about 25% in QuadCores, and when we reach about 20-25 clients on machines with this processor configuration, the same error shown in the video above occurs.

The FPS panel drops to 0, while the data send rate goes up, and the receive rate drops, to off-normal values. We tested bitrate at 64, 128, 9999, all original Automobilista content, new 1.5 original SRS, dedicatedserver.PLR, multiplayer.ini.

This problem happened after v1.5.
    I still say this is what is happening, for some reason.
    It feels like some kind of bottleneck when it happens, and that is why it goes back to normal once said bottleneck subsides.
    But, I lack the technical knowledge to explain or attempt to fix it. And, I could also be wrong about that as well....because, well, because I lack the technical knowledge...lol

Something we are definitely seeking to fix though, for sure.
    faspit likes this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

I had the problem with the pickups, Montanas. Official content, official track. But custom paintings. 25+ cars.
    I had "rubberbanding" (thanks Jason, I didnt know how to call it!) cars all race long, a nightmare.
    And everyone with Pings bellow 60ms, because was a brazilian server with only brazilian drivers racing.

I agree, it is frustrating, because it kills the immersion.
    Would be nice if Reiza could give the Multiplayer a bit of work to improve it.
    Jason Whited and faspit like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12