Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Speilberg Vintage ('75 F1) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Tony Boynton is offline Established Member
    Danville, Callifornia; Near San Francisco

I’m still tired today from all the pre race laps and a very hard race. Love the intense focus, as everybody does, though I find myself death gripping the wheel often, left hand cramping; but found a couple of places to shake the circulation back on each lap.

Started p10 and missed incidents ahead from a slow start. Strange to have some of the fast guys appear in my mirrors so early in the race. I knew from TS some had damage but still were headed back to the front and I tried to give way without going off track which I have done too often. It may have taken me longer by a few corners, but I hope no one felt too impeded.

I ran alone most of the race, though toward the end I saw Jerry about ten secs ahead, but just then I got a little slideways and lost a couple seconds more. Content to stay steady and try to finish without incident. I did brush a wall with the left rear on lap two, but never felt like I had any damage. Near the end Jerry had something happen that put me ahead of him at the finish in p 6 I think.

Thanks to Jason, joe, Brette, and Jerry for setup help and encouragement.

I love this track with these cars!

Bruno Chacon is offline Member

I'm hoping here for us to have another open wheel championship at the end of this F1-75.
    These cars are delicious and require a lot of concentration. I love them!

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

I would love to race with those:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...e-1967.128971/

It is the default content from AMS (Formula Vintage), just with the 67 F1´s skins.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    I would love to race with those:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...e-1967.128971/

It is the default content from AMS (Formula Vintage), just with the 67 F1´s skins.

Or this 1967 cars:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downl...-racing.21028/
    Christopher Snow likes this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Yeah, I was keeping an eye on this Mod for quite a while, waiting the release.
    But I think the author (or authors) rushed things a little too much just to get the thing released.
    At one point looked like the project was completely abandoned...but then with some help from other guys at RD they "finished" the Mod and did the public release.

I was really dissapointed with the outcome. Models are great, sounds are awesome. But physics wise, lots of things missing, some very basic ones. Some cars have autoblip fully on and you can drive like a modern Formula car, others you cant because autoblip is off.
    Looks like there is a huge unbalance of performance between the cars. There are 2 types of compounds for the tires (soft and hard), which I think is very unrealistic for the era. Those things that expose that the Mod was not properly "assembled".
    So, in my opinion, this Mod needs more work to be considered by a serious League.

The good thing, for me at least, is that I managed to customize my F1 1967 series, the one with the base content for AMS, with all great engine sounds for each machine using the sounds of this Mod...lol.
    In that sense, get this Mod was useful to me.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 06-29-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Yeah, I was keeping an eye on this Mod for quite a while, waiting the release.
    But I think the author (or authors) rushed things a little too much just to get the thing released.
    At one point looked like the project was completely abandoned...but then with some help from other guys at RD they "finished" the Mod and did the public release.

I was really dissapointed with the outcome. Models are great, sounds are awesome. But physics wise, lots of things missing, some very basic ones. Some cars have autoblip fully on and you can drive like a modern Formula car, others you cant because autoblip is off.
    Looks like there is a huge unbalance of performance between the cars. There are 2 types of compounds for the tires (soft and hard), which I think is very unrealistic for the era. Those things that expose that the Mod was not properly "assembled".
    So, in my opinion, this Mod needs more work to be considered by a serious League.

The good thing, for me at least, is that I managed to customize my F1 1967 series, the one with the base content for AMS, with all great engine sounds for each machine using the sounds of this Mod...lol.
    So in that sense, get this Mod was useful to me.

I did not know these details, a pity the mod was released like that.
    How cool that you made changes to this mod that you suggested, it should be very well finalized, as I think you with your experience would not give an endorsement for an incomplete mod like what I suggested.
    Great news, Angelo. I was very curious about this mod and I hope we will use it.

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Turn Gilles loose on the idea and see if he can't equalize them into a '67 MNRL LE.

He won't even have to deal with disparate numbers of wheels.
    jham likes this.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Ya right !

I'm still stuck cleaning up the CanAm mod. Many sounds presently don't work and other stuff.

---

As for the race, Since I was able to pull 4th out of qualy, it looked pretty good. Angelo and Joe took off, Christopher beside me staled and I bog down but was able to start moving soon enough and right away, through Hella Licht, I closed the gap... Angelo must have missed a shift or some thing...
    When we got to the righthander that goes up the hill, Dr.Tiroch Kurve, Joe got caught by his cold tires and drifted toward the outside, I was sure he was going off so my attention shifted to Angelo. Joe's car hooked up and, in a snap, slotted back in between Angelo and me. Contact ensued and I went around.

Got back pointing in the right direction as the last few were rounding the corner, ended up last. Steadily climbed back, 7th by lap 3. All sorts of mayhem and a few real pass bringing me up to 4th going in to Dr.Tiroch on lap 5. Awesome!

It then took me 4 laps to get to Pete, great race dude. I got alongside Pete going into Hella Licht at 160mph on lap 9. Pete did not give so we actually touched during the turn as I had to lift to make the car turn so my rear popped out a bit and we both went through... it could have been awful! NOW 3rd!!!
    A few corners later, at Bosh, still getting acquainted with my new pedals, heel & toeing, my foot slid off the brake as I bliped to downshift. I lost the rear and hit backwards in the outer railing.

From then on, the car wasn't too bad turning right but had a severe case of oversteer all through the 2 infield lefthander. I was losing 2 sec a lap just in the middle sector. Screwed.

As I limped along and having nothing for Hard Charging Joe, I gave him too much room in Dr.Tiroch and the left rear caught some grass, I went around again, twice this time. Jason followed through. My 4th became a 6th but on lap 23, Jason ran out of asphalt at the top of Tirock and turned inside and hit the beginning of the railing... he wouldn't have survived that one...

So fifth...

AngeloRacer and faspit like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12