Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: PLEASE have some sort of race this Tuesday

Marc Cohn is offline Senior Member

Default PLEASE have some sort of race this Tuesday

I need to get my road racing fix here - could we please have something put on for Tuesdays? I already have something in mind - if rFactor, MUSTANGS (of course ) at Road America. If Automobilista, Camaros (yes I know they are new but they are pure street cars) at Road America. Judges ?

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

For AMS...I would say, the Aussie Racing Car, the small Camaro...at Laguna Seca!
    Kurt Stevens likes this.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

You missed the post about what is to come from yesterday? (Series 1 is in Opala '86s, ftr)

There will be details of, at least, the Opala series posted soon (I know I said today, but it may be another day or two possibly)
    There will be no official race this week, however I'll see if we can't get a server up with something on it today for guys that might want to venture to the track tomorrow night.
    This is standard procedure. A few weeks between seasons is normal and gives everyone time to get registered, sorted with the cars/tracks/etc.

Camaros (yes I know they are new but they are pure street cars)
    MNRL is a historics league. We run vintage, classic, historic stuff. We won't be running anything as modern as those Camaros. IF we do do that at some point, it will be outside the banner of MNRL.
    If I find the time and inclination, I've tossed around the idea of some sort of fun series in more modern stuff, perhaps in other sims as well. But, all that has to be worked out with higher ups here at CMS....all the stuff involved has to be taken care of...etc etc etc. (ie...it's not as easy as just tossing up a "fun race" a few days in advance and expecting everyone to show up. Usually there are issues, questions, etc that need resolved and this is why there is a span of time between seasons) And, any of that, as I said, will be outside the banner of MNRL.

The spirit of MNRL is the historic stuff. That will not change, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    For AMS...I would say, the Aussie Racing Car, the small Camaro...at Laguna Seca!
    hehe.

But this is why a thread like this never works.
    We could all sit and list our desire to race this or that, and in the end we'd end up with 30 different track/car combos and no consensus.
    It's why we established the polling threads for "fun events" in the past.

Tell you what, let's do this.
    I'll put up a poll shortly and voting can be done for a "fun event". Same type of thing we did previously.

Skip this week as tomorrow is just flat out too soon to put anything meaningful and fun together and get everyone together on the same page.
    Fun event will be Tuesday the 17th. Gives time to get a decent group together for the race.

HeatCAN is offline Tom Mountjoy

I will have my historic DRM, Assetto, server up again today and tomorrow, if anyone needs a fix.
    jham, Marc Cohn, Jon Uyan and 1 others like this.

-See You On Track!

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    hehe.

But this is why a thread like this never works.
    We could all sit and list our desire to race this or that, and in the end we'd end up with 30 different track/car combos and no consensus.
    It's why we established the polling threads for "fun events" in the past.

Tell you what, let's do this.
    I'll put up a poll shortly and voting can be done for a "fun event". Same type of thing we did previously.

Skip this week as tomorrow is just flat out too soon to put anything meaningful and fun together and get everyone together on the same page.
    Fun event will be Tuesday the 17th. Gives time to get a decent group together for the race.
    Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatCAN View Post
    I will have my historic DRM, Assetto, server up again today and tomorrow, if anyone needs a fix.
    What track(s)?

HeatCAN is offline Tom Mountjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    What track(s)?
    Depends when you are around. Might be Silverstone 67 (nice and flat for testing) or this one, compliments of race dept:

Tracks - Pace Park | RaceDepartment

-See You On Track!

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

Planning to buy the DRM pack tonight. Hope you guys go with '67 Silverstone as I know that version in AC, and I can concentrate on the cars. Have no idea how they handle yet.
    jham and Marc Cohn like this.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

DaveS is online now Dave Slee

I'll be online around 8 CST so hope the server is up around that time. I looked for it last night around the same time but didn't see it.
    HeatCAN likes this.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast