Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Monza ('75 F1) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Default Monza ('75 F1) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Last edited by Joe Miller; 07-10-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    Bruno Chacon likes this.

Joe Miller is offline Senior Member

Sorry I couldn't race. I was trying frantically to fix the wires on my rig that the dog chewed in half.
    jham, Bruno Chacon and faspit like this.

Bruno Chacon is offline Member

Yes! Great race, hard from the start (my apologies Christopher Snow, I did not intend to touch you). I ran without the nose of the car all the race, that limited my speed a lot but I chose not to stop and it gave me pleasant moments in disputes with the Gilles that made a fantastic race of recovery.
    I had 3 rivals in the race contesting points on the championship tables and almost lost everything in the start (that's not me!).
    Congratulations Jason for the win, it was brilliant!
    * Fortunately, I did not make any more mistakes during the race and I managed to beat the Seniors in a tight race with Aaron (that consistently amazing Aaron, congratulations!) And get fifth place in the general championship.
    I feel that I am gradually taking the MNRL as my home, prioritizing the championships that take place here and I have felt welcomed and respected.
    Let the next championships come!
    jham, HeatCAN, Joe Miller and 2 others like this.

Tony Boynton is offline Established Member
    Danville, Callifornia; Near San Francisco

I joined the server late and didnít get to qualify, So my Penske sat at p7 for the start. Got off the line ok, but had to swerve to avoid two cars that tangled in front of me and I put a wheel on the grass and that turned me into a tidy 360 which didnít help the tires any, but went into the first turn chicane in p5. Braked late for the second chicane and Pete passed me there on the exit.
    At Curve Grande Jerry went by and we headed down the pit straight toward the first chicane on lap two. I followed Jerry too close into the right hand turn and as he bumped over the curb I was going wide on his left but had no business being there. I wasnít trying to pass there, but I didnít leave him enough room and we collided. I spun just off to the left and I hadnít noticed that Nick had spun too coming behind me , avoiding the mess I assume, I didnít know he was there and we both started back onto the track and collided almost head on trying to get going in the right direction. Well, after all that my car was a little damaged but I finished the race a distant last place. Apologies to Jerry and Nick for wrecking your race.
    Last edited by Tony Boynton; 07-11-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Bruno Chacon is offline Member

Too bad Joe, that cost you the championship. For your brilliant performance and victories, you deserved at least a chance.
    Both me and Jason have had problems with animals in the house, in our case, it was cats coming in between the cockpit pedals that destroyed our races.

jham is offline Jerry Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Boynton View Post
    Apologies to Jerry and Nick for wrecking your race.
    I saw you fly off behind me and thought, "That was close." Didn't feel any contact. Car was OK until I managed to mangle it on my own.
    Tony Boynton and Bruno Chacon like this.
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

aaron page is online now Established Member

Congrats to Jason on the race win, and to Brette for the championship. Also congrats to Bruno on the seniors' championship. (btw, Bruno, no contest there, sir -- I could only attempt to keep you honest!)

Joe, concerning the dog chewing, I have two solutions to that problem: one, get an older dog or, two, make a mixture of cayenne pepper and Murphy's oil soap, and smear lightly on the wires -- I guarantee you won't have to repair those wires more than one more time! grin

As far as my race goes, I was very disappointed that Tony appeared to not be making the race, as we were exactly tied in points in the overall. Since I didn't want to win the spot by one point awarded just for showing up, I resolved to complete the race, and hence preferred to start from the back. With maybe five seconds left in warmup Tony comes online --alright, I'm thinking, we get to race for it! But even without qualifying, when the race started he was gridded higher than I was -- rrrrrrrrr. At the green, Peter got a lousy start, which bottled Jerry up behind him, but since Joe was stuck in the pits I had plenty of room to swing outside and, rather than press the issue, let them have the spots back (which also helped me miss the debris of the Bruno/Christopher entanglement). I managed to pass Tony when he visited the green early on, and after that it was a matter of just trying to make fewer mistakes than he did in a mod I'm not comfortable in. I managed to do so, although just barely, until, with two whole laps to go, I was called into the pits. No way am I going to pit! So I saved fuel, and saved some more, and just barely made it to the checkers. (I've got to get a handle on how this sim calculates fuel mileage!). End result, I beat Tony by exactly one point. But that sure beat getting the spot by default. Fun racing you all season, Tony!

Joe Miller is offline Senior Member

I got a bunch of these from my garden that I think will do the trick.
    aaron page and Bruno Chacon like this.

Pete Holm is offline Member

Congrats to series champs, and to Bruno for taking the old Farts class, well done.

I really enjoyed these wild handling beasts!

Sorry if I messed up anybody's start, had a complete brain fart, After watching the F1 race on Sunday, the announcers made a comment about how they dropped the green lights years ago at the start because drivers would start accelerating as soon as the red lights went out. For some reason this stuck in my brain and that's exactly what I did.
    Of course I got a drive through. Did a few laps until I was told I must come in, I pitted, stopped in my pit, continued on and still got DQed.

To all who helped organize these races, Jason, Joe, and anyone else involved, Thank You!

Looking forward to the next battles

Cheers

aaron page is online now Established Member

Joe, if those are "Chinese 5 colors" they will indeed do nicely. It only takes two of those to make a BIG pot of chili!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast