Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: MNRL Server

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Not sure about GID. I don't use it.
    There is supposedly a version of XD that works with AMS, but I have not tried that either.

Generally, it's hard down shifts that do the most damage. Do you use the auto clutch? If not, are you sure you are blipping enough on downshifts.
    If you are using auto clutch, are you lifting on upshifts? Also make sure you're not blipping too hard as even when auto blip is off, auto clutch is still going to create a bit of a "blip" and you could be amplifying that with a blip of your own.

Main thing is not to downshift too soon.
    These cars weren't really designed to function at high revs at all times like more modern F1 cars.

Try adjusting your gearing so there is some room at the end of each gear so you're not redlining before shifting. The car should not be redlined before shifting into the next gear (plus, it actually slows you down in these. They accelerate faster, and provide more power away from redline.

...this is a mod that has been at RD for some time. We didn't alter it and this complaint has not come up that I am aware of.
    Funny. Another driver in my inbox talking about the "heartiness" of the engine, while you're having the opposite experience.
    I have to lean towards it being you, at this point.

Engine rev limiter will not stop blowups though. I know you mentioned having it at the lowest setting, but it won't stop blow ups in and of itself. The "redline" is just moved down, you can still over rev. It is not an engine protection at all, so if you are in some way relying on that, don't.
    To me offline, the mechanical failure is set as Normal. How is it on the server?

Brette Brooks is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Not sure about GID. I don't use it.
    There is supposedly a version of XD that works with AMS, but I have not tried that either.

Generally, it's hard down shifts that do the most damage. Do you use the auto clutch? If not, are you sure you are blipping enough on downshifts.
    If you are using auto clutch, are you lifting on upshifts? Also make sure you're not blipping too hard as even when auto blip is off, auto clutch is still going to create a bit of a "blip" and you could be amplifying that with a blip of your own.

Main thing is not to downshift too soon.
    These cars weren't really designed to function at high revs at all times like more modern F1 cars.

Try adjusting your gearing so there is some room at the end of each gear so you're not redlining before shifting. The car should not be redlined before shifting into the next gear (plus, it actually slows you down in these. They accelerate faster, and provide more power away from redline.

...this is a mod that has been at RD for some time. We didn't alter it and this complaint has not come up that I am aware of.
    Funny. Another driver in my inbox talking about the "heartiness" of the engine, while you're having the opposite experience.
    I have to lean towards it being you, at this point.

Engine rev limiter will not stop blowups though. I know you mentioned having it at the lowest setting, but it won't stop blow ups in and of itself. The "redline" is just moved down, you can still over rev. It is not an engine protection at all, so if you are in some way relying on that, don't.
    Some good points, and well said Jason. I think it will definitely require some acclamation for these car's different characteristics (power/torque, weight, aero, tires, etc.) and the available adjustments. We had our share of blown engines with the FA mod in rF. But after seeing it only had 38% to start with on the starting grid, that was less of a surprise when pushed hard with little respect for redline on the up or down shifts. Previous mods in rF seemed more sensitive to proper (or at least careful) downshifts. I suspect that will be the case here also.

I will probably try XD in AMS just too see how this car's engine robustness compares to previous experiences. If nothing else, I want to see if it gives 100% engine when joining a grid with an assumed new/fresh car. I realize others had the same problem in the FA mod. But 100% engine life starting point seems more realistic and gives more margin to work with for those of us that are not as good at the L&B technique. If I get XD working and find any weirdness, you can bet I will share my observations.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Ok, I think I understood the problem.
    Looks like the Damage proportion, insted of Mechanical Failure, makes difference in the engine life.
    For the server is set at 50%, and indeed is really hard to break the engine.
    For offline mine was set to 80%, and those 30% more are causing a lot more damage to the engine...which is weird, as this should be a "Mechanical Failure" feature.

Anyway, went to the server, coudnt break the engine...lol. Even trying hard!
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 04-13-2018 at 11:40 PM.
    jham likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123