Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Mid Ohio (Formula A) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post
    So, is this the end of rF, or is there more in store for next season?
    We'll be using AMS for both series this coming season.
    The schedule is not yet set in stone, but we'll weave a "fun race" or two into the mix like we've been doing lately.
    Those events may very well be in rF. Lots of great content to use.

We'll see where it goes and decide at that time
    aaron page and faspit like this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

If we could open a thread or discuss content for the AMS races before the new season, I would like to have a word.

faspit is offline Frank Speer

Well I got caught down shifting too soon and blew my engine. Live and learn right. As far as the racing, top notch by everyone. I was just behind Tony and Gilles, WOW!!! Tony hit the hay bales and was 90 degrees when Gilles hit him, all I saw was tires, suspension, Flame and smoke. In real life it would of been nice knowing both of them but here we all get to race again. Cars are cheaper too.

Congrads to Joe and Scott for the championships! Great driving!

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Talking

I had practice a bit more than usual for this one and it showed. I needed the points so I had to finish and if I could, finish well.

Jason got the pole with 81.364, Brette was 2nd with 81.405 and Joe rounding it out with a 81.456. Half a tenth from each other!
    Figuring my tire temps, I got 4th with 82.434. Less than a second off... WooHoo!
    I even bettered Denis with his 82.9345. Pete and Tony... behind.

I got this thing!

Start: I had to lift because Brette was slow off the mark... "That's it, screwed up the start..." but when I reapplied the auto-clutch engaged and it lit up the rear and I followed Brette pretty good. To top it off, Jason had too much wheel spin (dude, never shift in 2nd while the rears are lit up ).
    Corner 1... I'm 2nd!!! Corner 3... I'm facing backward... down hill from there.

I was just trying to stay with Brette, going into 2, he slowed down more than I thought so I had too also. He did it on entry, I did it during the corner and the car did not got enough to the right and I caught way too much curbing on the inside of 3, the car was too unsettled and I went around.
    When I saw the inevitable, I floored it to get out of the way, it work but I bounced off the tire wall a bit. I don't remember if I had damage or not.

I got back in ok. Passed a few cars ok. Coming down the back straight, Tony put two wheel off in the grass on the left going toward corner 6. Continuing with my foot flat on the floor I went "What is he doing?". I had no clue those hay bails are concrete. When he caught the first one and flew across the track, watching the replay... nothing I could have done...WHAM! A fraction of a second later, I'm facing backward again but with no more wheels this time. Holding my wrist (the wheel yanked hard), "Wha... Wha... What just happened here?"

@Tony, been there, done that. I wasn't a factor. No worries.

Talking about Factor... I'm not happy to immediately dropped rFactor, AMS is fairly new and there is all kinds of problems with it's content; big lag with big field, circuits with pit boxes in the middle of the track. Most MNRL content we have been running was seasoned content. My opinion is; we should continue half-half like we just did and do the fun race with AMS instead rFactor so to test future AMS content. I feel we are jumping the gun.

*** Nicer clip and less compressed ***
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 03-23-2018 at 01:54 AM.

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

I agree with Gilles. I don't like AMS enough to just race it all the time. I'd love to see a mixed series like we just did. I realize RF1 is older, but it's still so good. And tons of content that is 99.9% alright. Unlike some of the AMS content.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    Talking about Factor... I'm not happy to immediately dropped rFactor, AMS is fairly new and there is all kinds of problems with it's content; big lag with big field, circuits with pit boxes in the middle of the track. Most MNRL content we have been running was seasoned content. My opinion is; we should continue half-half like we just did and do the fun race with AMS instead rFactor so to test future AMS content. I feel we are jumping the gun.
    The only one jumping the gun is you. No one has said we are abandoning rFactor for AMS.
    And I'm yet to see a circuit that is utilized for online racing with "pit boxes in the middle of the track"
    Just because someone lazily converts a track and shares it does not mean it's now somehow part of the content of the sim. If that was the case, I could point to that in every single sim in existence.

The lag issues that we've had are 99.9% tied to mod content, combined with large grids. In that case, it's still be assessed and discussed/worked on/etc.
    I've got about 100 recent hours in online races in AMS at RD...not once has this been an issue and more often than not there are well over 20+ drivers.
    They run AMS a few days a week. And amongst the crowd there (much larger base than here) I can guarantee you it wouldn't go unnoticed.

Lack of content (historic content, that is) is the main issue and is the reason I said "for this season" in my post.

Either way...I never said we were abandoning rFactor, so....
    Scott Beck, Marc Cohn and faspit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    If we could open a thread or discuss content for the AMS races before the new season, I would like to have a word.
    Still two Porsche series races to go. Let's enjoy those first.
    I'll add a thread in a week or so and we can discuss it some there.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    And I'm yet to see a circuit that is utilized for online racing with "pit boxes in the middle of the track".
    Road Atlanta from the ULTIMATE_MEGAPACK_AMS right off the RaceDepartment web site.
    I remember hearing someone on TeemSpeak complaining about two cars in the same pitstall...
    (I had fixed that but I might have mixed the pitgroups, there was no time to test and even less time to make it available for download)
    RoadAtlanta-PitSpots-ORG.jpg

I've got about 100 recent hours in online races in AMS at RD...not once has this been an issue and more often than not there are well over 20+ drivers.
    I'll give that to you, it could be RSR74 mod related.

Lack of content (historic content, that is) is the main issue and is the reason I said "for this season" in my post.
    I never said we were abandoning rFactor, so....
    We should not, as it does steer away from Norms original goal. It is not just a senior league with vintage mods. It's also running older games that run well on older computers.

But if there is a lack of vintage content... why not spread it out over as many seasons as possible?

One last thing, please six to eight events. 10 even! A Five race series finishes just as you got the hang of the mod. "Like WhAt? Finished AlreadY?"

HF
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 03-23-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Road Atlanta from the ULTIMATE_MEGAPACK_AMS right off the RaceDepartment web site.
    I remember hearing someone on TeemSpeak complaining about two cars in the same pitstall...
    (I had fixed that but I might have mixed the pitgroups, there was no time to test and even less time to make it available for download)
    Two cars sharing a pit box is a far cry from "pit stalls in the middle of the track", wouldn't you say?
    I'm also very sure you're not unaware this isn't some uncommon occurrence in the sims (all of them)
    (It's the fact that we added cars to the 911 mod that we had that created this issue. There a a variety of reasons the original mod was locked down to the number of cars it was. The sharing pit stalls just being one of them)
    "Teams" are sharing a pit box....I'll let you figure out why.

I'll give that to you, it could be RSR74 mod related.
    Yes, and no.
    And here I'm speaking of the lag issue that we experienced.
    Like I say, a variety of reasons that this mod and others (and base content) is locked to a specific number of cars that would be considered lower than the larger numbers we can often see elsewhere.
    It's a limit of the game engine issue and as much has been stated many times over. You exceed those limits and all sorts of different issues can/will arise.
    There is a ton of information on the whys, and that's the main reason I quit discussing it, even though some are still trying to sort a solution of sorts.

We should not, as it does steer away from Norms original goal. It is not just a senior league with vintage mods. It's also running older games that run well on older computers.

One last thing, please six to eight events. 10 even! A Five race series finishes just as you got the hang of the mod. "Like WhAt? Finished AlreadY?"

HF
    Now you're conflating your own ideals with Norm's way of doing things.
    Perhaps you forget MNRL had already moved on to GSCE at the time we migrated to CMS with the demise of R2P?

I mean, I could dig up the emails with Norm discussing why the decision was made to move back to rF (had nothing to do with the supposed reasons you state here) for the time being.
    The discussions we had about when we were going to move on to better things. (GSCE, at the time, was Norm's favorite sim. So I really have no idea what you are talking about here)

Yes, we run a seniors championship. I'm not sure how that translates to "this is a senior league" either.

............and we generally do run 6-8 event series. Again, there are reasons we did 5 race series this time around and it had more to do with the recent migration to AMS than anything else. Weeks were lost and to sort of keep the series running in a "spring/summer/fall/winter" series type of format, we reduced them one race for scheduling purposes.

But if there is a lack of vintage content... why not spread it out over as many seasons as possible?
    Because I said it's lacking, not non existent.
    And because converted content with the AMS features added is being worked on.
    And because AMS has proven to bring in numbers, fresh blood even. All in the same time frame, rF numbers keep falling.
    Do I need to give you a lesson in trends?

ZigZag03 is offline Mark Ruggiero

"I had no clue those hay bails are concrete. When he caught the first one and flew across the track, watching the replay... nothing I could have done...WHAM!"

Yeah What up with those "haybales"??
    Jason Whited likes this.
    Mark Ruggiero
    DiamondDog/Red Dwarf Racing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast