Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Guys, Get on TeamSpeak

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Frank, I'm not getting that: "change TS to Windows or default"
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running an Asus 560GTX (1gig) on an new AOC Q2963 screen... I'm doing way better! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

faspit is offline Frank Speer

Thanks Gilles, I'll try anything right now or it is pointless to open ts during the races.

faspit is offline Frank Speer

Tom, did not know that, never could hear Joe even when track was quite. All these secrets, nice to know. Thanks!

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Frank, When I said that I was not getting: "change TS to Windows or default", I meant that I was not seeing these word anywhere, I wanted you to tell me where and in what app you were.

H2ik sequence... from the start, Windows what ever, using the Windows logo key on your keyboard, doing Windows+R together will open the Run Bar.
    In there, type " mmsys.cpl " and hit Enter. This will open the Sound applet... or just right click the sound icon in your system tray and choose Playback Device.
    Windows 10 might be more finicky... copy/paste the following in the Run Bar:
    Code:
    control.exe /NAME Microsoft.Sound
    OR
    Code:
    rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,0
    On the " Playback " tab and I have right clicked on the headphones to show the two parameters that must be Set As Default.
    SoundAppletPlayback.jpg

On this one, I'm on the " Recording " tab with the Microphone selected. When you speak in the mic, the green VU meter will show action. If it does not... nothing is coming out of your mic... plugging the headphones in the mic jack and speaking in one or the other the headphone hear should generate enough output to make that VU move. Or test with some other mic. If a known working mic does not generate movement on the VU, that mike jack is switched off or the sound driver has it off or is not "listening" to that jack... is there another jack on the box... front, back?
    SoundAppletRecording.jpg

When selected, right click to select Properties or just click the Properties button. On the 2nd tab; Listen, to test if it's working, check the " Listen to this device ", click Apply and you should here yourself speak in your own headphones.
    SoundAppletRecordingPropertiesListen.jpg

Now, depending on drivers... generic Microsoft drivers do not have all the option available. On the website of the manufacturer of your computer or more specifically, the manufacturer of your motherboard, they should have a driver available. Some times, the driver for the sound chip is part of the Chipset download but sometime the sound driver is by itself.
    If you have an addon sound card, you need to make sure you have that manufacturer's driver installed. Generic Microsoft driver for any addon card are worthless.

On the Levels tab, I have a Mic Boost that is very powerful so for me, I barely use it.
    SoundAppletRecordingPropertiesLevels.jpg

On the Enhancements tab, the Disable all Enhancements checked.

On the Advanced tab, both Exclusive Mode check box have to be marked. Same thing on the Advanced tab of the Headphone too.
    SoundAppletRecordingPropertiesAdvanced.jpg

Just verified, " mmsys.cpl " also works in Windows' Search.
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 04-02-2018 at 08:47 AM.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running an Asus 560GTX (1gig) on an new AOC Q2963 screen... I'm doing way better! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12