Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Christopher Snow
  • 4 Post By DaveS
  • 1 Post By jham

Thread: F1 1975 and "THE" best sim-racing cockpit I've ever seen

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Default F1 1975 and "THE" best sim-racing cockpit I've ever seen

I've spoken and sent links over Teamspeak about this one quite a few times now, but not all of you are on voicechat...and you otherwise may never have seen this fine piece of work:

Tyrrell P34 Replica Cockpit - Your rig or Manufacturer's stuff - SimRacing Mirror Zone

It's particularly relevant here, and right now, for several reasons: The Tyrrell six-wheeler was first built when the F1 1975 cars were right on the cutting edge of racing technology (ground effect cars had not yet made their debut); and, as it happens, the builder of this cockpit, "Remco (Hitman)" is very good friends with AMS principle Niels Heusinkveld. If you scan the thread you will see Niels presence at the "unveiling" of this cockpit.

Then, and on top of all that (although certainly more important to me as a fellow user of this tech), both Remco and Niels are proponents of "Projector Driving"/aka, racing not with monitors or VR HMD's but instead using a projected image. Given that I've been doing the same myself for years now, and also given that I raced both these guys back when online racing (with Grand Prix Legends/GPL) was still a very small community (circa 2000), how they approach things is particularly of interest too--I have to at least TRY to keep up...lest I be left behind, breathing dust and tire smoke...and fumes.

For those of you who may never have seen this, I urge you to take some time to scan the thread, if only to see how truly dedicated some guys can be to what we do here.

Hope you enjoy looking it over.

CS
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 05-09-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    Marc Cohn likes this.

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

The P34 was my favorite F1 car of all times. I got a Tamiya 1/12 scale model of one from my wife for my 45th birthday and it's sitting in a sealed box waiting for me to get up enough nerve to put together. That guy is totally dedicated to the project and it turned out great.

index.jpg
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

jham is offline Jerry Hamilton

Holy effing crap! Absolutely astounding. A man on a mission can do amazing things!
    Christopher Snow likes this.
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Very cool. My own 1/12th is the '75 Tamiya Ferrari 312T (though the one I really wish I had was the '76 T2 as Lauda crashed it at Nurburgring). Mine is not "new in box/NIB," but is partially built, which kills it's resale value. That's fine though--I bought it to build it, not re-sell it.

Best kits I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 05-09-2018 at 11:15 PM.

oldnslo is offline Bob Roberson

Awesome.