Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Cordoba (Porsche IROC - AMS) Post Race Data, Standings and Discussion

Luis Almeida is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Well that was a lot of fun. Made WAY too many mistakes, including drilling Luis twice in the same lap (3 I think) the first of which might not have been entirely my fault as he got pretty sideways but the second one appears to be entirely my fault and I apologize for that, Luis. Other than that had a blast and had some good racing with several along the way. I'm quite impressed with the mod and I really like these cars. Looking forward to the entire season.
    On the first time, yes I got a bit sideways because I had to brake harder to avoid hitting the car in front (don't remember who and havenīt seen the replay yet), on the second you made a mistake and mistakes happen... Nothing to worry about!
    Tom likes this.

Luis Almeida is offline Member

First I have to say that I did finished the race (the results sheet puts me a DNF).
    About the race, had a lot of fun, could have finished a little bit higher on the chart, not much, if it wasn't Tom's mistake, but as I said, mistakes happen when you're racing.
    aaron page likes this.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

If I remember well, Bob is using 7.

There are a multitude of sites out there that can tell you to do this or that to your Windows but none are as concise and responsible as the "Designer Media" sites:
    vistax64.com windows-update-windows-automatic-updating
    sevenforums.com tutorials windows-update-settings-change
    eightforums.com windows-update-automatic-updating-turn-on-or-off-in-windows
    tenforums.com tutorials enable-disable-windows-update-automatic-updates-windows-10

But then again, anyone can just kill the service:
    Start>Control Panel>System and Security>Administrative Tools>Services
    (With the Windows Logo key on your keyboard, press Win+R to open the Run bar and type in: services.msc)
    Scroll down to "Windows Update" and double click on it. In the little window that just open, set the "Startup type" to "Disabled"... or you can just momentarily shut the service down, On next reboot, it will restart as usual. For that, in that same little window, just click the "Stop" button and voila. Windows Update is down until you restart.

Or you can do it like a BOSS: Open a Command Prompt Window
    (Windows Logo key plus R : Win+R, type in CMD and then hit Enter)
    To stop the Windows Update service type in: sc stop wuauserv
    To disable the service type in: sc config wuauserv start= disabled
    (The space after the "start= " is important)
    sc query wuauserv will give you it's status.
    sc qc wuauserv will give you it's startup config
    Brette Brooks likes this.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

HeatCAN is offline Tom Mountjoy

WoW. That was a seriously tough race, especially when MatthewOverton caught up to me. He hounded me like a rabid dog, for several laps. He defo seemed faster than me, so after about 5 laps of this insanity i decided to let him by, so I could do the pressurizing. But the second turn, after letting him by, I sideswipped him, sending him off track. So, I pulled over to the right and waited for him to get back in front of me. Sadly, so did about 5 other sleds. But, as it would turn out I would catch up with Matthew again, down the road for another battle! Had some other fun battles as well, I did get punted at one point, and the guilty party just took off into the sunset. No protest filed, since he ended up not finishing anyway, but a pm will be sent.
    Really enjoying this sim and the cars, and with grids like this, it makes for som serious action throughout the field. Congrats to the podium dwellers, Jason, Joe, and all who help out, behind the scenes.
    Til the next one, gents!

-See You On Track!

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Almeida View Post
    First I have to say that I did finished the race (the results sheet puts me a DNF).
    About the race, had a lot of fun, could have finished a little bit higher on the chart, not much, if it wasn't Tom's mistake, but as I said, mistakes happen when you're racing.
    Are you looking at Live Racers?
    The results there are incorrect, live racers was having issues Tuesday night and did not record the data correctly.

Look at the image I posted in the opening post of this thread, that is the official results.
    Also, you can download this really small file and a TON of information is there to see. Race results, quali results, laps from everyone for every lap, comparison charts, deviation from own averages and averages of leader, tire wear chart...lots of neat stuff!

Hoping to add this in a better way in the near future. Working on that now.
    Here is the link to the file, for now. Just a small zipped up file, unzip and it'll open in a browser. Check it out.

https://mega.nz/#!FuohjLJB!BPIs5S6Vo...LCW_ye9WHkY8Ys

ETA: Your official result was 16th, Luis.

MatthewOverton is offline Established Member

It was a blast Tom and I wondered why suddenly I got the chance to pass. Squandered it though, as I mentioned earlier. Don't know what it was, but every time I came near to Scott Beck, everything went to heck. Nothing he did - just the kryptonite energy waves he emitted for me on this race.
    HeatCAN and Scott Beck like this.
    Cheers, Matthew
    CMS Racing #174

Joe Miller is offline Senior Member

Podium Pics are now posted at the top of this thread.
    Podium Pics
    Brette Brooks likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234