Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Cordoba (Porsche IROC - AMS) Post Race Data, Standings and Discussion

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Don't worry about it, Angelo. I see it now.
    I have the actual log file and will be adding official scoring later this morning.

Tossed that up after realizing live racers was back up (strangely, it wasn't the entire site that was down, just the links from CMS to it. Maybe the server they house the CMS stuff on?...because, I could access live racers even when it was down, just not through CMS, only the main site)

Anyways, working on it. Might take me a few hours though, looks like I'm going to have to do all the scoring manually this time around
    No worries Jason, and also Joe. Was just strange click on the results and see a different outcome... like for a second I was..."Am I tripping?" lol
    Tom and Jason Whited like this.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    No worries Jason, and also Joe. Was just strange click on the results and see a different outcome... like for a second I was..."Am I tripping?" lol
    No, you weren't tripping. hehe.
    I'm working on getting it correctly displayed and will post the final results once I manage that. (trying to avoid manually inputting all this and wanting something a bit nicer than a plain old spreadsheet)
    The official results will reflect the actual results correctly. (link to the wrong results removed)
    AngeloRacer likes this.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Still sick and feverish... I was flat on my back since last Thursday. As Monday progress, things got better so on race day I got up to watch the Falcon Heavy go up, WoW!, ate a sandwich and practice for an hour. Got practicing again an hour before and I took the start still shivering.
    What can I do... can't stay away.

I was making two-three times more mistakes than usual, forgetting where to brake or turn in... None the less, I had a load of fun with Aaron, Luis, Frank, Scott, Bob and Tom N.. On some lap, pursuing Aaron, lifting at corner 2 turn-in, I see Aaron go in way too fast... I went "He's gonna run out of asphalt!" When he disappeared off of my left shoulder in a cloud of dirt and grass... "I told you dude! There's no asphalt there. Nope! None!"

But I would loose it myself a little later on and who ever I had worked hard to pass just before would go by with a few of his buddies. The funny thing in that mid pack, one would go off, get back on and the start passing guys that had went off themselves. To a point that it was not such a big deal as it was just the musical chair of going off and coming back on... where would we be at the end? At Tremblant, I stole Aaron's 4th place. Now it was his turn to get me. LoL!

Just remembered that I did have a serious impact with Todd (I think), I don't know if he called it quit himself or if I retired his car but at corner 5, the 2nd lefthander he lost it going in and I lost track of him through the smoke and as I turned in, he was in the middle of the place. With my brain in the sludge, zero reaction accept for an open jaw... nailed him right in the right front wheel. Sorry about that Todd. From then on, 3/4 in, I didn't have much front end left, I had to slow down even more to make it turn in, I could not challenge anyone during those last few laps.
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 02-07-2018 at 01:56 PM.

aaron page is offline Established Member

First off, congrats to Angelo on the win, and to Chad for passing nearly everyone in his run from the back!

Man, you have to have gentle feet in this mod, at least if you're using the default. Like Gilles said, we all took our turns with offs, switching positions rather frequently in the back pack; I'm sure all of us had more than a few smiles as we got past someone who had just passed us a lap previously. Fortunately I didn't hit anything, and so finished with the car whole, and by the end of the race felt more comfortable with the ride. This promises to be a fun season.
    Tom, Crispy Pepper and faspit like this.

Crispy Pepper is offline Chad Bartrum

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post
    First off, congrats to Angelo on the win, and to Chad for passing nearly everyone in his run from the back!

Man, you have to have gentle feet in this mod, at least if you're using the default. Like Gilles said, we all took our turns with offs, switching positions rather frequently in the back pack; I'm sure all of us had more than a few smiles as we got past someone who had just passed us a lap previously. Fortunately I didn't hit anything, and so finished with the car whole, and by the end of the race felt more comfortable with the ride. This promises to be a fun season.
    Thanks Aaron, it was a fun race for sure. I think my front left tire was begging for mercy by the end though, lol. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
    Tom and faspit like this.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Results and points will be up as soon as I get something worked out with this Live Racers stuff. Waiting for admin rights there currently and will attempt to set it right.

I'd really like to get this points stuff working on auto pilot, rather than doing it by hand on some plain old spreadsheet.

...so, there is delay at this time, but all will be up when I get it corrected and everything sorted.

PSA over and out.
    Tom likes this.

oldnslo is offline Bob Roberson

Well I never !.........I installed "Crew Chief" and to add insult to injury he makes fun of me. Criticizes me for being so slow. I'm firing that jerk I don't need that. I know I'm slow.

Oh and BTW, I didn't quit the race my computer kicked me off again. However I pulled an "oldtimer's disease" thing. I forgot to put in my race setup. I had tried to change my setup ( that was a mistake cause I suck at setups ). That was a disaster to say the least. At least I don't think I got in anyone's way. I'm thinking maybe Windows was updating ? How can I prevent that happening again? I'm not sure that was the cause but when I got kicked out it went to Windows updating.

faspit is offline Frank Speer

Hey Bob, I have the same issue with CrewChief, I got irritated with all the critisizing he was giving me so I changed the voice to the female voice, Now i just blank it out like I do to my wife! lol, No one tell her that...

You can change some of the CrewChief complaints in the properties area. Open CrewChief, then on the right side of the game list is properties, pick it and it opens a new window with all sorts of stuff listed. Just read thru it, (you can turn on the swearing if that helps in here). Scroll down past all the install paths to the "Speech recognition" area. Start reading and play with the check marks for on/off. If you get lost or mess it up you can always pick the "Restore Default Settings" and you can start over. I did this many times to get my cold tires off the list of the CrewChief's complaints to me. I personally made one change at a time then ran a practice race for 10-15 minutes to see if it sounded better. The Female voice is still my go-to fix. Really.

If you need help with setups post when you will be on the practice server and one or more of us will join you, I use to use Team speak a lot for that years ago but forgot how to use it but it helps a lot, most of the guys helping me have it and they explain why they change something in the setup to make the car do this or that so I can make my own changes later on to fit my driving style or the way I perceive the car's actions and/or control.
    jham, HeatCAN, Tom and 1 others like this.

Thanks Frank ...........one thing about this league is there are some great people in it. Everyone wants to help and I really appreciate it. As for my "tongue in cheek" comment about the crew chief. I like most of the information but that condescending attitude has got to go. :-) Seriously though I will look into removing some of the comments that has nothing to do with my status. Most of my problems would be solved if I could just figure out how to drive these AMS sims.
    faspit likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast