Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Buenos Aires ('75 F1) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Default Buenos Aires ('75 F1) Post Race Data, Standings, and Discussion

Last edited by Joe Miller; 05-15-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

Well, I should post first since I was first out.

Hooked a wheel on the left edge entering T1 *Uno" hit the tires and that was enough.

No feel at all for these cars yet, but I'll keep after it.
    Brette Brooks likes this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Too bad end my race in a accident. Never is very pleasant.
    To @Bob Roberson, no problem mate. Unfortunately it happens. You were parked in the worst possible spot. 2 cars before me, there was the space on the inside to go through, which they did and was pretty much the only choice giving the speed we enter that corner.
    But right on my time was the time you moved the car trying to get out of the way, so I had really nothing to do. Big crash.

Was a shame, as I was reasonable competitive. Had 1 or 2 mistakes which cost me some positions.
    Enjoyed a lot the fight with Jason and Darien to get back to 3th, and I was gaining on Marc for 2nd place before the accident.

Ah well, lets turn the page and look forward.

Next time.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 05-01-2018 at 09:38 PM.
    oldnslo and Brette Brooks like this.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

Link for the results is with the wrong name. 1986 Opala Series.
    The actual results are correct.

Marc Cohn is offline Senior Member

I came into this season with the knowledge that previously in my online sim racing career, I had been pretty much garbage with F1 cars and was simply hoping to get a podium this season considering I'm now heel-and-toeing with these cars with h-pattern like back in the day.

Second in qualifying - are you kidding me? I had nothing for Joe (who was kind enough to share with me his setup) but still was extremely happy with my lap.

In the race, I got a decent start but didn't want to push Joe too hard early on as my goal was simply to get to the finish with the best result I could. Joe ended up pulling away while Angelo seemed to have a ton of pace before some costly mistakes. I had a couple of 'Oh crap" moments myself which included barely missing Bob's stricken Ferrari which I tried to warn others on TeamSpeak. Considering the unfortunate circumstance of Angelo and him colliding, I'd strongly advise others to be on the channel as that may help avoid similar incidents in the future. Towards the end, I missed a braking zone while near Gilles and then lost it right near the end of the lap with 2 minutes left and hit a wall straight on which led to a red front end on the damage screen. The car felt like it had a bit less downforce, only after the checkered flag did I see that I had finished 2nd WITH NO FRONT WING!!

I'd like to wish Joe a big congratulations on a well deserved win and thank him for the setup help - I'm thrilled about getting 2nd considering my previous poor experiences with this type of car. I have decided to solely race in this MNRL series for the season to further focus on improving my driving ability with these cars and am sincerely looking forward to the rest of the season.
    Joe Miller and faspit like this.

Joe Miller is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Link for the results is with the wrong name. 1986 Opala Series.
    The actual results are correct.
    Thanks
    AngeloRacer likes this.

oldnslo is offline Bob Roberson

I was so surprised with my run last night. I ran only in support of our league. I really suck at this mod. But when I started practicing I found that my car was driving really well . I did some stuff to my setup that , believe it or not, helped it handle really well. The only thing that I'm worse at than driving is doing setups. I got a horrible start but I was coming on up through the field until I had a couple of spins. My biggest and race ending spin was a complete surprise. What's strange is that I spun at that point. It was the first time ever in all the laps I did. Maybe the tires went away. Whatever up until then I was actually enjoying the race and doing well. I was, at least, having fun. As I sat in the middle of the track cars were flying by me on both sides. I was afraid to move. Unfortunately for poor Angelo I finally tried to get off the track and get back to racing. He and I ended up occupying the same space and that don't work. If my teamspeak had been working I could have been hollering for you guys to look out for me. I've really got to figure that out. In my defense of my upcoming review I can only say that I just had a spin. I lost the car. As I said before, I thought I was driving very carefully. My interaction with Angelo was not bad judgement. I couldn't see him coming and I knew I needed to get off that really fast turn asap.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

OP updated with a few screenshots.

HeatCAN likes this.

aaron page is offline Established Member

First off, congrats to Joe on the win. By the time he lapped me, he was pretty far out ahead of the field.
    Me, I had all kinds of problems. Even though I installed the mirror fix, it didn't help, and the virtual mirrors were totally useless still. Fortunately I had posted that I was having mirror problems a few days before the race, so folks trying to lap me would know that I would be staying in the race line, and they'd have to judge where to pass me. Jason was good enough to send a setup, and that at least allowed me to (mostly) stay on the track.
    Russ Sherman joined in for this race (welcome!) but without his making a complete lap I had absolutely no idea if he was in the :55 range or my range in speed, and we started in the back together. Fortunately I got a good start, and managed to concentrate on the race, rather than the tiredness I had from a very physical day (spring time is work time!), and just wanted to complete half the race without taking somebody out. I managed not to hit Bob when he had his spin (but ate a ton of grass), and at one point, when I was being lapped by, I think, Jason and Dennis, every car disappeared from the track and I thought, "Damn. Disco." But everybody came back in about three seconds, and I didn't hit anything (I'll have to watch the official replay to determine whether it was a problem on my end or not). I got up to a decent position, considering my start position, hit the final esses another time, and...nothing. I coasted out of the way after only ten laps. rrrrrrr Funny thing, two other guys toasted a motor on the same lap, and none of us three have the same driving style, and all probably had different setups. So, I watched the race for third through fifth, and it sure was a good one. Take the time to watch it, if you weren't in it, and congrats to those who were. That sure looked like fun.
    And Russ? He saw the checkers, which half the field did not do, so I have a feeling I'm going to have to do better if I'm going to race him (congrats, bud!).

If any of you have mirrors that actually do anything, please let me know. Until then, I will be relying on the positional display. And hopefully I won't be so aggressive with the car in the next race :-)
    faspit likes this.

Joe Miller is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post
    I got up to a decent position, considering my start position, hit the final esses another time, and...nothing. I coasted out of the way after only ten laps. rrrrrrr Funny thing, two other guys toasted a motor on the same lap, and none of us three have the same driving style, and all probably had different setups.
    I watched the replay and saw a lot of engine pinging from everyone that blew an engine. It works fine for fast laps but not the whole race. I was shifting mostly below 11000 rpm and did not blow. I saw a few over-revs while shifting, I think that does a lot more damage than just topping it out. I think making sure you lift completely while shifting would solve the problem.
    jham, aaron page and Jason Whited like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast