Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: ATT: Announcement concering the future of MNRL (ALL INTERESTED DRIVERS, PLEASE READ)

Jason Whited is online now Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Napoli69 View Post
    A few more questions pop to mind...

Are all off our mods going to be "MRNL style"? Lift-2-shift, and all marquis same physics?

How difficult is it to convert the "old" MNRL mods to AMS?
    Yes, when we bring MNRL mods to AMS they will be in the MNRL fashion.
    The mods (and/or base content) we will use until that time are of similar vein ("lift/blip...performance balanced)

It's as easy as it's ever been to "bring" those mods into AMS. Bringing them up to AMS standards requires a bit more work, but the process has been simplified in a ton of ways since the olden days of say, converting stuff to rF.

don fleming is offline Junior Member

Hi -
    My Box is too weak for rf2 and suspect similar with AMS, and also do not have time next few weeks to setup/learn new Sim. So, qstn is if rF1 racing is alternating, we can expect some Tues rf1 racing nights in January? If so is the mod chosen and are the dates known? (Sry if it's already mentioned in this very long thread).

Also, am contemplating my next sim for when I upgrade to newer PC, leaning towards Assetto Corsa, seems quite popular. Liking the most popular sim due to limited times I can race and allows most options. Assuming it was considered also but is it ruled out for MNRL in 2018?
    For now, just hoping to continue rF1 racing for many more months, the part time way I do :-)

Thanks for info, Cheers
    Don F

Quote Originally Posted by don fleming View Post
    Hi -
    My Box is too weak for rf2 and suspect similar with AMS, and also do not have time next few weeks to setup/learn new Sim. So, qstn is if rF1 racing is alternating, we can expect some Tues rf1 racing nights in January? If so is the mod chosen and are the dates known? (Sry if it's already mentioned in this very long thread).

Also, am contemplating my next sim for when I upgrade to newer PC, leaning towards Assetto Corsa, seems quite popular. Liking the most popular sim due to limited times I can race and allows most options. Assuming it was considered also but is it ruled out for MNRL in 2018?
    For now, just hoping to continue rF1 racing for many more months, the part time way I do :-)

Thanks for info, Cheers
    Don F
    In terms of hardware needs, AMS is not nearly as needy as rF2 or AC (not even close, really)...
    If you are running rF efficiently, you can run AMS just fine (it's on the same game engine...it's just said game engine pushed to the max of it's boundaries)

Yes, an rFactor series will run along with the AMS series. One week rF in a series, next week AMS in that series.
    Those dates and the mods are chosen. The details will be published after the AMS test week on Tuesday.

No, we won't be using AC.

Extensive time in both says AMS is your best option, especially if your intent is to race with MNRL. We will be using it for the foreseeable future.
    (There will still be rf races for many more months...so even if you don't opt to purchase AMS, there will still be a series running you can join).....but buy AMS, you won't regret it.

ETA: Min specs for AMS from Reiza...

Minimum:
    Processor: 1,8 GHz or 100% compatible CPU
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: DX9 Compatible with minumum 1GB Video Memory
    DirectX: Version 9.0c
    Storage: 25 GB available space
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-29-2017 at 11:40 PM.

jham is offline Jerry Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by don fleming View Post
    Also, am contemplating my next sim for when I upgrade to newer PC, leaning towards Assetto Corsa, seems quite popular. Liking the most popular sim due to limited times I can race and allows most options.
    Don F
    Don,
    Please note that our CMS Historic series does use A.C.
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

Quote Originally Posted by jham View Post
    Don,
    Please note that our CMS Historic series does use A.C.

I could have been a bit more attentive, and mentioned that too.

What Jerry said, Don. lol
    Good bunch to race with in that division as well. Going to try to make many more of those races this coming year.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Hey Don,

What exactly is your PC?

A season ago, I was running rF1 on Win7 with a single core AMD (2.2ghz) with an AGP graphic card.

I'm curious, plz, humor me...
    Darien Bailey likes this.
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678