Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: AMS Test Race. FVee at Lime Rock. Details and driver briefing.

Hoogs is offline Christien Hoogveld

Car feels really good here. Might be a touch too much grip but that should assist with some fun racing! Looking forward to it.
    Jason Whited likes this.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Hoogs View Post
    Jason, I hope you don't mind I took the liberty of scheduling this event on a group page of AMS racers I created when the game was still GSCE. Members will see the event via steam and I've directed them to Champion Motorsports - Headlines to register with us for the event. Many of the members are already with the league but hopefully we can snag a couple more for this race
    Mind?
    Heck no, I love it! We could do for some more proactive advertising and such like that around here. Thanks!

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

Lime Rock setups:
    R10: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayd43wtqxy...R10JU.svm?dl=0
    R20 (asymetric): https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fb2lv1y71...R20JU.svm?dl=0

Both have less lift-off oversteer and lesser chance of power slide when getting on gas.
    It seems the whole trick to drive this car is learning when to lift and coast to give the chassis a direction change
    when getting ready to turn. Very simple to drive when you get used to this.

Car is nicely modeled but track detail is pretty amazing, Lime Rock is one of my most favourite, love it.
    And Kudos to admins for switching to this sim, at least partially as MNRL.
    Last edited by Jon Uyan; 12-31-2017 at 05:08 AM.
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

Drivers,

I know this is just a test server and a test race, but please make sure you are using your real name before joining the server and logging laps. Seeing some nicknames over there, just want to make sure everyone gets that taken car of if they intend to race. PSA over, ty.

ETA: We apologize if your time was erased from Live Racers. We were tweaking some settings on the server last night and lost them in the process. ...sorry about that.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-31-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    davidan, AngeloRacer and Jon Uyan like this.

Luis Almeida is offline Member

Happy New Year and hope to see you on track next Tuesday, looks like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Almeida View Post
    Happy New Year and hope to see you on track next Tuesday, looks like fun!
    Happy New Year, Luis!
    Hope to see you Tuesday.

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

I just noticed something about the server.
    Usually a good league server, have the data rate set to 8042 kbps.
    The MNRL server currently have this value set to 1002 kbps.
    From what I know, this can lead to problems when the server have 15+ drivers.
    I may be wrong, but I dont think the current value is the correct one.

Would be nice if Joe can have a look at that.

Unless, there are different servers? one for practice, and one for the actual race/event?
    Jason Whited likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    I just noticed something about the server.
    Usually a good league server, have the data rate set to 8042 kbps.
    The MNRL server currently have this value set to 1002 kbps.
    From what I know, this can lead to problems when the server have 15+ drivers.
    I may be wrong, but I dont think the current value is the correct one.

Would be nice if Joe can have a look at that.

Unless, there are different servers? one for practice, and one for the actual race/event?
    We'll look into this this evening. Thanks, Angelo.
    Still tweaking some settings on the server and becoming accustomed to it all.

Note: Limited tires sets are active on the server right now. They are unlimited. But, drivers might want to look in the garage at your tires. If you escape off track, then come back on, you will have the same tires you left with.
    Just look in your garage, it's easy to figure out.
    We'll turn this off before race time...default is unlimited sets after the update and we have not had time to tweak that setting yet. And that's ok...give everyone a chance to see it and play around with it a bit right now, but again, it will be off for this test race.
    Just throw a new set on each time you go to track, or you can revert to used ones. (doesn't take long to figure how it works...it's pretty cool)

ETA: Sorry if my posting seems a bit incoherent at this time. I'm really busy with some work right now and trying to hurry through this. ...more later.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 01-01-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Jon Uyan is offline Senior Community Leader

Note: Limited tires sets are active on the server right now. They are unlimited. But, drivers might want to look in the garage at your tires. If you escape off track, then come back on, you will have the same tires you left with.
    Just look in your garage, it's easy to figure out.
    Really like the option of being able to save scrubbed tires, and limited number of tire sets. As far as tire wear goes though I am not sure how AMS tires are. In rF2 you start with a new shinny set and while your wear level starts going down from 100% your actual grip level starts going up! By the time the wear shows ~98% tires reach their most grip.
    This equates to 1.5-2 laps on an average track. This is kinda close to RL race tire behaviour. How does AMS tires differ? Now that I know AMS has different tire physics than rF1 but how do they perform? I never had a long stint in any AMS car so it would be nice if someone with experience give us some tire related info. I would like to know
    what kind of tire strategy will come into play by saving used tires. And can I save them from practice session in a same "race event"?

Does Carstat v1.0 or v2.0 or v2.2 work with AMS?
    “My goal is to not be bored by what I do”

Itzhak Perlman

AngeloRacer is offline Angelo dos Santos

I dont know about Carstat.
    I know that when you limit the number of set of tires, it goes for the whole event, from practice to the end of the race. Unless of course, you restart the weekend.

For some cars the wear doesnt make a big difference in terms of performance, as the tires are very durable. The Formula Vee for instance. And the car is not designed for long races anyway.
    But for some others, have a extra set of new tires, or tires in better conditions for a race, will make a big difference. From what I know: Stock Cars V8, Super V8s, Porsche Cup, F3s, Marcas Cup, Mini Challenge, some F1s...at least those a new set of tires can give you like 2 seconds a lap. So yeah, strategy will be really crucial if you limit a whole weekend to let´s say...3 set of tires.

Also to consider, and this is for ALL CARS, specially those without ABS. A bad flat spot and you can count a set of tires out! At least the fronts ones. As from what I could see you can use different combinations between fronts and rears.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast