Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Whited
  • 1 Post By Jason Whited
  • 1 Post By Jason Whited

Thread: AMS. Anti Aliasing issues with Nvidia cards.

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Default AMS. Anti Aliasing issues with Nvidia cards.

With all that was going on the other night, I nearly forgot this.
    This post is for all those who requested this information on TS, and for anyone else having aliasing issues in AMS that is using an Nvidia GPU

This issue is not the fault of AMS. It's a windows issue, so we'll get that out of the way first.

Second thing....to fix this, you will need Nvidia Profiler which can be found on the web (careful where you get this and do a bit of reading if you are unfamiliar before proceeding)
    It's a rather simple fix, but it will take a bit of know how in terms of Nvidia profiler itself.

For those who'd rather I just shut up and share the info, here is a thread at the Reiza forum detailing the fix.
    Scroll down, look for the post that starts with "A user on the NVIDIA forum has found a workaround to fix this issue (first post edited to mention this), and have AA working in fullscreen mode. Quoting his message below. I can confirm that using NvidiaProfileInspector to set AA Compatibility bits to 4412C1 (Diablo 3) fixes the problem (0xC1 also works). Hope this can help to understand and if possible fix this issue programmatically with the NVIDIA API for setting the proper flags." Post is from a user called "bobbie424242"...it works!

Further details throughout that thread, so just dig around.

For those of you with this issue that need a bit more in depth explanation, please feel free to message me and we can get together and I can help you. It's a bit much to type out here and I'm not sure that would work anyways.
    I have no problem doing this one on one if need be, so just let me know.

Questions, comments...etc...post here if you so desire.
    Hope this helps, and I assure you if you set this up right it does indeed work. Took me damn near 3 days to sort this (I cannot stand aliasing so it was a game breaker for me until I found this solution) so hopefully this can save some of you guys the time.

I'll stick this thread to the top of the forum for a few days, then I will move it so we don't have so many stuck threads.
    HeatCAN likes this.

HeatCAN is offline Tom Mountjoy

Thanks for the info! Will this affect all programs/ sims running on my pc?

-See You On Track!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatCAN View Post
    Thanks for the info! Will this affect all programs/ sims running on my pc?
    No.
    In Nvidia profiler you will need to set up a profile for AMS. Same can be done with others.
    Initially, it's going to show "global settings".....just mess around with it, you'll see it at the top.

If you can't find it, let me know when you're ready and we can meet up on TS and I'll help you sort it.

ETA: The profiler is really handy if one likes to tweak stuff like that. Takes a bit of know how, but it's basically straight forward and anything you change can be altered at any time, so it's really not a big deal if you screw it up a few times. Can revert to "defaults" and start over.
    All kinds of stuff can be done through the profiler that cannot be done otherwise. Very in depth ability to tweak your card.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 01-26-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    HeatCAN likes this.

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

Reviving an old thread but got something!

The Automobilista manual that comes with the game is 45 pages long and talks about AMD graphic card and it's dated: Thursday, 21 Dec 2017

I just found a earlier version, 31 pages, dated: Friday, 04 Mar 2016. This one is nVidia... biased. It goes real deep in nVidia graphic settings by using the "NVIDIA Profile Inspector".

Pretty funny.

urgo2.free.fr/prog/Automobilista_User_Guide_EN.pdf

HF
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 20gigs on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running an Asus 560GTX (1gig) on an new AOC Q2963 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...

faspit is offline Frank Speer

To add to nVidia cards, With the latest AMS "Drift" update I lost my 3 monitor system. Only displays the main monitor. So after reading up on everything I finally found my fix.
    What I have is a large TV as my main monitor, and two equal size older and smaller monitors of the same make and model. I have raced these 3 monitors for 2 years now. Trying to race with 1 monitor was like putting blinders on my helmet. So after my pathetic attempt to race this week I found my fix.
    AMS is DX9, so old technology will work with it. I have downloaded and installed "SoftTH, Released under GNU GPL v3". All you do is re-name your d3d9.dll file in your games root to d3d9.dll.org then copy the d3d9.dll file from your unzipped download to your games root. Start your game and the game will ask you if it can make a config file, say yes, then asks to write to it, say yes again. then the game starts and wha-la, all three screes work with no FPS hit.
    This works for all older games that don't know what two or three monitor systems are. You can open the read-me text and it tells you how to edit the config file.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    Reviving an old thread but got something!

The Automobilista manual that comes with the game is 45 pages long and talks about AMD graphic card and it's dated: Thursday, 21 Dec 2017

I just found a earlier version, 31 pages, dated: Friday, 04 Mar 2016. This one is nVidia... biased. It goes real deep in nVidia graphic settings by using the "NVIDIA Profile Inspector".

Pretty funny.

urgo2.free.fr/prog/Automobilista_User_Guide_EN.pdf

HF
    It's not so much Nvidia cards that are (was) the issue. It's Win 10.
    I'm still on driver 388.31, and still using the Diablo settings in inspector, but I did recently find that the AA in AMS is working again, so I got rid of the AA stuff in inspector and am letting the sim do that work. Looks slightly better than before, but after learning about the inspector stuff and a LOT of testing using various settings, I settled on some that are really nice on my end. Looks good (and certainly much better than half the screens and vids I see out there....my god, how do some people drive with all that aliasing!?! My eyes burn just looking at it!)

More up to date Nvidia drivers are said to not even need the inspector stuff anymore and I see some recommending just don't bother with it.

Of course, once one sees what various settings do and how to implement the changes it's just a matter of testing and settling on what looks good on that particular system to that particular person.
    Much of this is quite subjective (beyond the apparent aliasing and other issues) as I have found while trying to "perfect" the settings. Probably won't find "perfect", but it's close enough for me.
    HeatCAN likes this.