Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: ALL DRIVERS: AMS Trackpack Download (You will need this!)

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

Default ALL DRIVERS: AMS Trackpack Download (You will need this!)

Drivers,

You will need to download this trackpack.
    AMS MEGA TRACKPACK

We will be using Lime Rock from this pack for Tuesday's test race, and then we'll be using some tracks from this pack into the foreseeable future.

It is a large-ish download. There are 28 tracks here. It won't be broken up, and if you go to RaceDepartment (from whence these originate) and grab them individually you will have mismatches in the server and it will prevent you using them online.
    The modding process is the same as rFactor. When you go into the game these tracks will be listed under "additional tracks" in your track selection menu. So, this makes it rather easy to tell what tracks you have added and what is base content, just in case you ever need to know that.

If there are questions, please feel free to post them here.
    If it's a complaint about the size of the download...sorry. This is the best quality mod work available and that is the price we pay. 28 FREE awesome tracks for the price of a 5.5 gb download. Just find a time when traffic is slow at your home if you have slower internet or difficulties downloading. Most of us have probably downloaded car mods that are larger, for a single series, so...
    RaceDepartment downloads are rather slow, so we have added all this to the storage here. I think it will move a bit quicker as downloads here seem a bit faster (and don't fail nearly as often as RD downloads, which can sometimes be a pain)
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 01-02-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Christopher Snow is offline Senior Community Leader

[Finished] downloading now....

1h 21m, FYI
    Jason Whited likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    [Finished] downloading now....

1h 21m, FYI
    Lucky!
    Took me FAR longer than that when I grabbed it from RD...and that's on a nice solid connection with good speeds. Not my end, it's theirs, it's often slower there.
    Main reason we put it on storage here. Glad to see it was a bit faster.
    Might even be faster for those with crazy good speeds.

ETA: Poor Joe probably spent like 5 hours uploading it to storage. I started to earlier today and it said about 5 and a half hours :O
    THANKS JOE! (He does all the real work. I just come over here and talk you guys up all day. <being serious)

Gilles Lalonde is offline Senior Member

40 minutes for me.
    aaron page likes this.

HeatCAN is offline Tom Mountjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    40 minutes for me.
    Show off
    Gilles Lalonde likes this.

-See You On Track!

aaron page is offline Established Member

Ok, I downloaded this as a whole unit several nights ago from RD, and just installed it. Going on Steam, I get a mismatch LRP_MESH.MAS. I had extracted the rar to common/automobilista/game data/locations. Is the linked track pack any different that the one at RD? Or did I install to the wrong place? (damn, I may have to finally learn...!)

btw, I see no 'mesh' file whatsoever in the Lime Rock folder
    Last edited by aaron page; 12-30-2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: additonal info

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post
    Ok, I downloaded this as a whole unit several nights ago from RD, and just installed it. Going on Steam, I get a mismatch LRP_MESH.MAS. I had extracted the rar to common/automobilista/game data/locations. Is the linked track pack any different that the one at RD? Or did I install to the wrong place? (damn, I may have to finally learn...!)
    What is on storage and what is available at RD are the same. Joe put it on the storage, and got it from RD just yesterday....so, it's on your end.

Can you see the track pack in your locations?

Should have directed it to your AMS root folder.
    It can be a simple fix though, with Steam.

Look first and see what it looks like in your files.
    Might be able to locate it and move it around properly. If not, you can verify your Steam files and if it's in the wrong place, it should purge them for you.

I can probably be of more assistance if you need it...let me know. Otherwise, good luck, shouldn't be a hard fix.

Joe Miller is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post

btw, I see no 'mesh' file whatsoever in the Lime Rock folder
    You have to take all of the track folders out of the Ultimat MegaPack folder and put them in locations. There is a readme in the same Ultimat MegaPack folder that explains.
    Jason Whited likes this.

I have tried several (x6) times now to download this file. It get up to 1,548,261KB and fails out.

I get the following in the file:
    Algarve
    Autopolis
    BarberMotorsportPark
    BarcelonaGP
    Bathurst
    Carolina_Motorsport
    EasternCreek
    Jeeaz de la Frontera (Incomplete)

I hope an alternative DL site can be found. If this is all we can do....it's done already.
    Kurt
    Kurt Stevens

aaron page is offline Established Member

Oh, ok. I did get it to work this morning by moving the individual folder from the track pack to locations, as opposed to just moving the whole track pack as a unit to locations. Thanks for the help.
    Marc Cohn and Jason Whited like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast