Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By TimCollier
  • 2 Post By TimCollier
  • 1 Post By Flyer23
  • 1 Post By Hoogs

Thread: More news of what's coming...

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Default More news of what's coming...

Found this post in an iRacing thread tonight....

Tony Gardner posted:

We hope to make a video showing the animated pit crew in the next week. FYI, we started on pit crew animation with the NASCAR Monster Energy Series and we will go from there. Hopefully, with some relatively minor adjustments, we can add several other NASCAR Series fairly quickly and then move on to other series and forms of racing. The biggest part of the project was building the system, animator tools, characters, design, replays, etc. and working out all the issues including dozens of variables and scenarios. Getting the first series done is big. A game of inches making it look good. I wish ever pit wall was the same height. We are targeting next season build for the Monster Energy Series. For mainly performance/frame rate reasons, the animated pit crews will be of the player's car only at this point.

The new damage model project is really coming along as well. There are just so many projects within the overall project to do. Dozens of those projects are done but still some things to do. It is great to see the cars working in the new system, taking realistic damage and parts coming off physically correct. It is a big step forward. We are paying attention to so many details. The finish line is starting to come into sight but it will not be this next software update. It will be done as soon as possible.
    Peterftm and Marc Cohn like this.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

davidan and Hoogs like this.
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

Flyer23 is offline John Nelson

Yeah, but can they miss a lug nut ?
    TimCollier likes this.
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Ram-12GB GSKILL, Processor-I7-950, DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 24" HD 1920 X 1200, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

Hoogs is online now Christien Hoogveld

Sweet! Im gonna have to knock the dust off my rig soon. Lots of neat stuff on the way.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    TimCollier likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoogs View Post
    Sweet! Im gonna have to knock the dust off my rig soon. Lots of neat stuff on the way.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Yeah Hoogs, put down the stick and get back on the track!!
    Tim Collier