Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mms
  • 1 Post By Christopher Snow

Thread: Not happy with my wireless keyboard and mouse

Christopher Snow is online now Senior Community Leader

Default Not happy with my wireless keyboard and mouse

This specific combo is: Logitech K350. It's an "ergonomic" keyboard in that it incorporates outward angles from the two shoulders...so that those with wider shoulders (like me) can bring their fingers onto the keys from angles layed "outward and to the side," as it were.

The BIG problem with this L-K350 is this: Even when the bluetooth receiver is on top of the PC case...and even when it's located not six feet from the keyboard/mouse...
    ...the LAG time between picking up the keystrokes and me actually typing them is...

...awful. And I've seen it repeatedly, and experience it/have to deal with it over-and-over on Teamspeak: Gilles, who I often talk to tells me (when he can cut in to do so)...that my mic has cut out. Well...sure it would. It's on a twenty...or thirty [?] second delay due to these bluetooth dropout issues.

Lesson: I just bought and hope to install a WIRED keyboard (for all of $10 bucks)

Yeah, it won't have the nice angled-wide-shouldered man input.

But it also shouldn't have the lag either.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    This specific combo is: Logitech K350. It's an "ergonomic" keyboard in that it incorporates outward angles from the two shoulders...so that those with wider shoulders (like me) can bring their fingers onto the keys from angles layed "outward and to the side," as it were.

The BIG problem with this L-K350 is this: Even when the bluetooth receiver is on top of the PC case...and even when it's located not six feet from the keyboard/mouse...
    ...the LAG time between picking up the keystrokes and me actually typing them is...

...awful. And I've seen it repeatedly, and experience it/have to deal with it over-and-over on Teamspeak: Gilles, who I often talk to tells me (when he can cut in to do so)...that my mic has cut out. Well...sure it would. It's on a twenty...or thirty [?] second delay due to these bluetooth dropout issues.

Lesson: I just bought and hope to install a WIRED keyboard (for all of $10 bucks)

Yeah, it won't have the nice angled-wide-shouldered man input.

But it also shouldn't have the lag either.
    ======

So earlier tonight I was trying to type a forum post with this same keyboard--located literally inside three feet from the bluetooth receiver atop the case...and was experiencing lag of 45 seconds and more...

...and so I've had it. Took the New BATTERIES...batteries out of the old keyboard (to kill it) and plugged in THIS (the one I'm typing on) $10 Logitech USB board into a USB 2.0 port on the back of the PC. Still using the old bluetooth mouse from the modern set, which works just fine (go figure).

Haven't missed a keystroke yet which wasn't by my own hand.

Wireless was full of promise, but in the end is either compromised (hacking) or is too often out of communication, and even from three feet.

So...I draw my shoulders back in again and learn to type (again) in a straight line. I can deal with it.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 08-09-2018 at 11:24 PM.

mms
    mms is offline Mihaly Marton

I have a Logitech Wireless mice-keyboard combo and it works really well, though it's not a Bluetooth one AFAIK.

But looking at the specs of the K350 it does not seem to be Bluetooth either, it looks like it's the same "universal receiver" I have. I've heard some people had issues with the receiver, I'm a lucky one I guess...

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

I've been using the Logitech wireless K360 keyboard for quite a while now and it's worked fine, no lag at all, fits nicely on my Obutto keyboard tray and it's reasonably priced.
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    I have a Logitech Wireless mice-keyboard combo and it works really well, though it's not a Bluetooth one AFAIK.

But looking at the specs of the K350 it does not seem to be Bluetooth either, it looks like it's the same "universal receiver" I have. I've heard some people had issues with the receiver, I'm a lucky one I guess...
    If it's the "Universal Receiver" and assuming Universal means "International"

...then I just haven't got the memo. Or been reading my emails.\

That said, I'm glad for you that it works for you. But it won't work for me for excrutriantically LONG periods of time each evening (the only time I actually test it, true).

Maybe because I don't have an Apple iPhone...and so the sequence spends an inordinate amount of time "attempting to synch up."

If that's the reason, I will sign onto a lawsuit. 100%.
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 08-09-2018 at 10:05 PM.

mms
    mms is offline Mihaly Marton

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Snow View Post
    If it's the "Universal Receiver" and assuming Universal means "International"

...then I just haven't got the memo. Or been reading my emails.\

That said, I'm glad for you that it works for you. But it won't work for me for excrutriantically LONG periods of time each evening (the only time I actually test it, true).

Maybe because I don't have an Apple iPhone...and so the sequence spends an inordinate amount of time "attempting to synch up."

If that's the reason, I will sign onto a lawsuit. 100%.
    lol, I don't have an iPhone either, and the "smart"-phone I have is probably the dumbest of them all, but it allows me to do the one thing a phone is supposed to do : to make a call, and that's what I use it for

About that "Universal" receiver, looks like my memory plays tricks on me, they actually call it the "Logitech Unifying Receiver":
    https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...g-receiver-usb

That's what I have, and according to the specs that's what you should have too. Not that any of this matters when it doesn't work though
    Christopher Snow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mms View Post
    lol, I don't have an iPhone either, and the "smart"-phone I have is probably the dumbest of them all, but it allows me to do the one thing a phone is supposed to do : to make a call, and that's what I use it for

About that "Universal" receiver, looks like my memory plays tricks on me, they actually call it the "Logitech Unifying Receiver":
    https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...g-receiver-usb

That's what I have, and according to the specs that's what you should have too. Not that any of this matters when it doesn't work though
    That does, indeed, appear to to be the one atop my own PC case.

And after you made the point, it occurred to me: Could my problems with it possibly be related to USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0? My case DOES sport 3.0 at the top/front...and maybe I've just plugged it into the wrong port?

This is exactly the sort of thing I might do....

Almost exactly describes my own situation. But lets see who's is worst: Mine is...

...wait for it...

...wait...keep waiting...

...still wait...

Mine is a FLIP phone.

===

That said ^^^ however, it's by design, so I suppose I really can't complain with any real sincerity: I DON'T want a smart phone--probably wouldn't take one if you knocked on my front door and offered me $100 to accept it--and LOATHE the "you must take my calls because I know you are hearing me right now" nature of the connectivity of it.

Family? The absolute worst violators of it...and yet they won't even address it, let alone realize it,...let alone face the cost (to you).

W O R S T Single invention, I N H U M A N H I S T O R Y, IMO, the G-dam*** cell phone....
    Last edited by Christopher Snow; 08-10-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    mms likes this.