Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Christopher Snow
  • 1 Post By TimCollier

Thread: Interesting article about Mazda's newest engine

Christopher Snow is online now Senior Community Leader

Default Interesting article about Mazda's newest engine

TimCollier likes this.

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

I subscribe to the SAE Technology magazine (I'm such a nerd all the way around!), and I read about this, as well as Infiniti's variable compression engine:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...works-and-why/

And this past month, a big article about GM's new fuel-saving tech that's an update on the cylinder shutoff when at cruising speeds, except that it has something like 84 variations on which cylinders to shut off and when, and the quintillion number of computer cycles it took to come up with the algorithm for what mode to be in and when. Said early indications were fuel savings in the 10-15% range, and you don't notice it's happening. Also, GM was going to start offering Turbo 4-cylinders for their truck line....never thought I'd see the day.
    Christopher Snow likes this.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz