Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Gauging Interest - Coffee Cup League

Jason Whited is offline Senior Community Leader

No negative comments about iRacing from me, and I understand the reasoning, however it also makes it a no go for me.
    I've not used the platform, but I'm covered in content that I haven't even begun to explore on others, and just don't have the inclination and/or time to sink into another.

...sorry.

But for those that are able and willing to join, hope you all have fun!
    davidan, mms and TwoFlatTires like this.

davidan is offline David Anderson

I definitely know the feeling Jason about too much content, not enough time! I guess that's a good problem to have. By the way, maybe I should call this the Coffee Cup . Happy Hour league as those of our friends in the UK, etc. might be ready for a Beverage on a Saturday after this starts instead of a coffee lol. It's always 5 o'clock somewhere right?
    TwoFlatTires and Jason Whited like this.

my personal motorsports blog

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Well I'm going to dust off my Porsche pants and get to gettin!

Scott Beck is offline Rothmans Racing

If you're talking about my post, I didn't mean to sound negative. It's just that I had iRacing before and didn't like how the cars felt to drive and I really didn't like having to buy all the content. Other than that, it's fine. lol I hope it all works out great for you guys.
    TwoFlatTires likes this.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

ZigZag03 is offline Mark Ruggiero

Quote Originally Posted by davidan View Post
    I definitely know the feeling Jason about too much content, not enough time! I guess that's a good problem to have. By the way, maybe I should call this the Coffee Cup . Happy Hour league as those of our friends in the UK, etc. might be ready for a Beverage on a Saturday after this starts instead of a coffee lol. It's always 5 o'clock somewhere right?
    You mean you wouldn't start your Saturday morning with a bloody mary?? Happy hour is when you make it!
    davidan likes this.
    Mark Ruggiero
    DiamondDog/Red Dwarf Racing

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZag03 View Post
    You mean you wouldn't start your Saturday morning with a bloody mary?? Happy hour is when you make it!
    ZigZag03 likes this.

wheeler is offline Steen Nielsen

I was very surprised to see the remark about the "negative comments on iRacing". My comment was only meant to say that I am sorry, because I don't run the sim chosen. It might be my lack of language skills that makes it sound different from what I want.

As you know, I have taken a brake from racing, and has currently no plans about om starting up on large scale again. If/When I do that, I will with a 100% open mind consider all platforms incl. iRacing.
    davidan and TwoFlatTires like this.
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

Christopher Snow is online now Senior Community Leader

No habla iRacing either, and can't hope to get up to speed with it even if I were to buy in in the next five minutes, but I wish you well with it.

Rick Smith and Jay Dargert occasionally prod me to jump into it, but at this time of year I'm trying to hold down more forts than I have hands, or even feet, and it likely wouldn't be possible for me to run it until at least the fall (and that's assuming I don't have surgery on my left leg, which is unlikely--if that can be fixed at all, it MUST happen this year). If I do get it repaired, and if I can somehow then run iRacing with one foot...or two feet with one in a cast*...then it might happen.

Not this week though.

[* I always think of Steve McQueen, with HIS foot in a cast nearly winning the 1970 12 Hours of Sebring in that Porsche 908 Spyder. Of course his left was only used on the clutch too...]
    davidan and TwoFlatTires like this.

DA, are you planning on using Discord or TeamSpeak for this one?

Also, if anyone is on the fence with iRacing, I can provide pretty good setups and some tips for driving the Cup quickly in this physics engine. This car is one of my favorites all time on this platform so I'd be happy to share any knowledge I can to encourage participation.

Just PM me, or reply here and we'll get you up to speed, so to speak...

Also, this video from Nicki Thiim is a great watch, assuming you can spare 45m...

davidan likes this.

davidan is offline David Anderson

Jimmy , discord. I am working up an announcement on this later today with some more details. Again everyone the idea is for this to be really casual, fun and maybe we will see it build and grow. I am going to structure this so that it's really easy to participate as part of the "coffee cup clan" or "offline" Details soon.
    TwoFlatTires likes this.

my personal motorsports blog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123