Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By TimCollier
  • 1 Post By TwoFlatTires
  • 1 Post By TimCollier

Thread: Anyone here have CompTIA certification?

TimCollier is offline Senior Community Leader

Default Anyone here have CompTIA certification?

I'm attempting both of the A+ tests this coming Thursday to dress up my resume (apparently on the job experience without a degree doesn't count)....was just curious if anyone here had any of the certifications. I've been reading the Reddit board on test taking, and with my experience and the study guide, I feel pretty confident in passing these first two exams, then moving onto the Network exam in a couple of weeks.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

Thought I'd toot my horn here....took both parts of the A+ Certifications yesterday, back to back, and passed with flying colors! Resume updated and already circulated.....
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked 6GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: Silverstone ST1000-P 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz

DaveS is offline Dave Slee

Way to go Tim, the A+ certification will really help with your job search
    Dave Slee (DaveS)
    #38 iRacing CanAm Racing Team

davidan is offline David Anderson

Awesome Tim!!!!! Congrats!

my personal motorsports blog

TwoFlatTires is offline Jimmy Hume

Congrats Tim! I heard they finally took out questions about POTS and some other antiquated tech... hopefully you didn't have to learn that drivel.

I'm only ITIL certified, and will probably get an IAITAM cert here soon. More lifecycle, less dealing with end users. That way I have more sanity for racing...
    TimCollier likes this.

Questions about POTS? No, but still plenty of references. My favorite part of the exam was a "performance question", where a user wanted a gaming computer custom built and you needed to select the correct components from a drop and drag list into a chassis. That one, yeah, nailed it.

The test I took is about 4 months from being retired and replaced with a more up-to-date version, but I didn't want to wait. I had to refresh my memory on Windows Vista, 7 and 8! It's just a well-rounded certification for common computer hardware, software, mobile and networking, but it definitely took it out of me.

Thanks for the congrats guys! My hope is that it will allow me to move to my new home, which means I can start racing again....er, I mean work near my home!
    davidan likes this.
    Tim Collier