• MNRL Historics Nordschleife (Eagles) Post Race Data and Discussion

Official Results

Replay

General Standings

Seniors Standings

The 4th race of the 1966 Gurney Eagles Tribute Series took place at the world famous Nordschleife on October 25th, 2017.
    10 brave drivers took the grid to await the signal to green in what would be exciting and demanding race.
    Resident fast man and 2nd place qualifier, Al Canal, took the early lead after a bit of a slow start from pole man Jason Whited.

The early jockeying for position was intense. All drivers taking into account the serious lack of ability to find overtaking areas on this course, it makes sense to desire an early advantage and some breathing room, if possible.

Seniors contenders Ed Jones and Frank Speer in an early battle for position as the field starts to sort itself a bit.

Nearing the end of the 3rd lap Whited takes advantage of the wonderful drafting ability of the Eagle and takes the lead from Canal.

Whited, Canal, Miller. This order would run 1, 2, and 3 until Canal makes a costly mistake that would end his chances at the front.

Joe Miller took a momentary lead after this serious piece of driving

But a series of small mishaps would see Whited back in the lead.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

I can only post 10 images here (in a single post).
    If you'd like to see more images from the race check out this link to my imgur, which includes many of our past races here as well, with screens that I wasn't able to post because of said limitations. Sometimes it gets hard to choose as there are often times so many moments throughout the field of drivers that are noteworthy and screenshot worthy.
    HeatCAN likes this.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Nordschleife (Eagles) Post Race Data and Discussion started by Jason Whited View original post