• Historics Assetto Corsa fun-run: Prototypes at Laguna Seca, Sat Dec 30

The Historics Series is taking advantage of the holiday break to host a rare Euro-friendly fun run featuring vintage prototypes at Laguna Seca. Join us in these epic rides, previewing the Historics winter season!

The cars:

Ford GT
    Porsche 908 (Porsche DLC required)
    Ferrari 330 (Ferrari DLC required)
    Jaguar XJ113 (Download link TBD)

Race Schedule:
    Qualifying at 11:45am CST (15 minutes)
    Race at Noon CST (60 minutes)
    Note a pit-stop for fuel will be mandatory!

Server will be up by tomorrow night. Hope to see you there!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Historics fun-run: Prototypes at Laguna Seca, Sat Dec 30 started by Hutch View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
      Christopher Snow -
      Haven't even set foot yet in the 908, so this would be a good reason.
      Hutch -
      The 908 used to have a severe disadvantage in fuel usage, but that was finally adjusted in the last update, will be interesting to see how it matches up now for potential enduro events.

We’ll all be short on practice due to the late announcement, but don’t let that dissuade anyone, c’mon out and have some fun!
      wheeler -
      Interesting! Haven't raced online for a year... Maybe this should be promoted on the front page?
      Rhino -
      Another good reason to use the Rift - good call
      davidan -
      Very cool I am tentative based on some other plans that day but if they fall through for any reason will join in. -- DA
      cbonsall -
      would have liked to run, but i bought the wrong ferrari pack. i`ll keep an eye out to run one of these events.
      Phil E -
      They are on sale now, good luck
      Mike Heikes -
      I should make this, would be interested to see how assetto is online.
      Hutch -
      Server is up! XJ113 download link in original post.
      Christopher Snow -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
      Server is up! XJ113 download link in original post.
      You will need all the cars to join the server. They will all need short gearing too.

FWIW, the 330 is treating me the best so far.
      Christopher Snow -
      I'm going to race this Ferrari, which makes sense to me more than the rest.

The 908 is ok too, the Ford much smoother than I expected (I suspect those who like the C6 would like the Ford). Didn't spend much time in the Jag, but it screams. Doesn't suit me though I don't think.
      Hzamora -
      Sadly I will not be able to race because is my sonīs birthday and I will be out of my house, but I did test the cars, all 4, and the 330 felt like it belongs to other ballpark, I found almost 3 seconds faster than Porsche and Ford, and the Jaguar a bit slower than that two
      PD: 1.33, 8 my best
      wheeler -
      I'll try to be there - as Captain Slow: I have no experience with hist cars and hasn't raced for a year... The 330 is my weapon of choice.

If my calculations are correct race start is 7 pm CET?
      Christopher Snow -
      Quote Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
      I'll try to be there - as Captain Slow: I have no experience with hist cars and hasn't raced for a year... The 330 is my weapon of choice.

If my calculations are correct race start is 7 pm CET?
      Yep, that's what my converter says. 11 AM for me.

I'm well off Hernan's pace, btw @ 1:34.7 (best and on low fuel). But it's fun.
      AngeloRacer -
      I will try to make it tomorrow.
      330 is way way faster than the rest. Anyone not using it for the race?