• Fun Series Event - Assetto Corsa '67 F1 at Fuji

Join us on Monday October 9th for a Fun Series event featuring the '67 F1 cars of Assetto Corsa at Fuji '68

You'll need one DLC pack for this event: the Ferrari comes with the new Ferrari 70th Anniversary pack. The Lotus 49 is included with AC.

This event will be standing start. AC allows gear selection before the green, but be aware that it also allows (and penalizes) false starts! So don't go before the green!

We will run 1x fuel, with a mandatory pit stop. The pit window is open for the entire race. You must take at least 1 liter of fuel during your stop, but tire changes are optional.

The server is set for 2 minutes between the Qualifying session expiring and the start of the race. Be sure to check the remaining time when the session advances so as not to get caught out.

The Orange Zone for this event will be through the final corner onto the main straight! These cars are tricky and so is the track- please be careful on the opening lap!

Race Schedule
    Practice: 8-8:45 p.m. Central Time (US) - 45 min
    Qualify: 8:45-9:00 p.m. Central Time (US) 15 min
    Warmup: 9:00-9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 60 min

Note that AC (finally) supports timed races, so the lap count will not be pre-determined.

Download the track here.

Password and server connection information here

Join us on Teamspeak for voice chat. Connection information here

All CMS Rules and Regulations are in affect for this event.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Fun Series Event - Assetto Corsa '67 F1 at Fuji started by Hutch View original post
    Comments 77 Comments
      AngeloRacer -
      The fast guys must commit with the Ferrari, please?
      Thanks Michael, in choose a good day for me.
      Hutch -
      Though I haven't figured it out for sure yet, the plan is to ballast the Lotus to make them as equal as possible. I will post details asap and have a server up for testing.
      kcheeb -
      So in on this!

If you need someone to help test, let me know!
      Hoogs -
      Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
      The fast guys must commit with the Ferrari, please?
      Thanks Michael, in choose a good day for me.
      Angelo, that include you too? [emoji12]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
      Hoogs -
      I want to get in on this but I have a close friend visiting from Calgary that day. Hate to miss this. Have a good one gents.

AngeloRacer -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoogs View Post
      Angelo, that include you too? [emoji12]

Naturally, no!

Nah, Im joking. Yes, I will try to be in a Ferrari. Love that old V12 sound for life.
      Hutch -
      Server is up! (CMS Fun Series with standard fun series password).

Balancing was interesting - I was expecting to find that the Lotus was significantly lighter, but the power to weight ratio was almost identical at peak hp. The difference is in the power band- the Lotus has an incredibly fat torque band from 4500 to 9000 RPM, whereas the Ferrari is extremely peaky. I started with 35kg ballast- I could really use your help making sure this has the desired effect, please give them both a try and let me know how close they are!
      mms -
      Hopefully I'll be able to make it.

I got this when trying to download the track in Chrome:
      Attachment 12539
      Swordsman -
      This is the original track release page on Race Dept. Should work perfectly, it's the same version.

fuji-speedway-1968
      mms -
      I tried to connect with the Ferrari and got a checksum mismatch, it works with the Lotus...
      Swordsman -
      Same here, got kicked out of the server with the Ferrari....
      mms -
      There was a small update on the 21st, maybe it's related:

- Minor graphical tweaks on the new Ferrari cars
      - Removed wrong path checksum on acServer

Maybe the server needs to be updated with this latest version?
      Hutch -
      Huh! Could be, I will check it out right now.
      Hutch -
      I did update the server, but it was down for tonight's other event, will have to check it tomorrow.
      Hutch -
      Checksum problem appears to be fixed!
      Hzamora -
      Will we have a lapstat link for this one?
      kcheeb -
      Got a chance to do a few laps in the Ferrari and a few more in the Lotus, this is going to be crazy FUN!

The cars are a challenge, but not over the top imho. The track appeared to be simple to me at first, but there are quite a few places I thought I was at the limit, but after putting in some laps was able to push harder.

Would be sweet to see a nice grid for this one, Ferrari vs. Lotus
      AngeloRacer -
      Ive got the checksum problem just now...
      AngeloRacer -
      Ok, its the track, gentlemans.
      Ive got the track from Race Department.
      It is not the same version that is being used here.
      four_to_two -
      after a bit of baseline setup testing today, it appears the cars are really well balanced, in terms of performance. I was able to run almost exactly the same time in both the Ferrari and Lotus around this track. the main difference is that the Ferrari just requires to work harder for it. whereas with the Lotus I was able to jump in and almost bang out the target time, it took me a few extra laps and massaging the car to get the last few tenths out. I think I'm going with the Ferrari, though. that soundtrack is unbeatable