• CMS WRS 2017 S1 - 6º Paul Ricard - Driver Briefing (Required Reading) 14/05/2017

Ladies and gentlemen... Six Round of the CMS WRS 2017 S1 will take us to Paul Ricard 1988Circuit!

If, you have not already done so please DL and install the following files in the order they are listed BEFORE attempting to join the server.

Required Downloads
    rFactor 2

Enduracers mod.
    If your not on Steam you can download the Endurance Series from here: Endurance website
    WRS mod file:
    Current version: WRS 2017 S1_b.rfmod (Requires Enduracers mod , Red Bull Ring, Jerez and Paul Ricard (from track links in schedule below)

Tracks:
    CMS WRS 2017 S1

01/08 Pre season event: Daytona Road Course

01/22 Round 1 Autopolis
    02/12 Round 2 Curitiba
    03/05 Round 3 Palm Beach
    03/26 Round 4 Red Bull ring
    04/16 Round 5 Jerez
    05/07 Round 6 Paul Ricard 1988
    05/28 Round 7 Zandvoort
    06/18 Round 8 Oschersleben
    07/09 Round 9 Lemans

WRS 2017 mod file:
    Current version: WRS 2017 S1_b.rfmod (Requires Enduracers mod , Red Bull Ring, Jerez and Paul Ricard (from track links in schedule below)

Optional Downloads
    CMS WRS 2017 Custom Skins Current version: (C)
    rFactor 2 Spotter Plugin for CMS WRS Current version 2016 "A" This program has come along way and will greatly enhance your racing experience!
    TeamSpeak Chat Client (Allows you to communicate with other drivers while on or off track)

Important: The driver briefing will always be posted a minimum of 5 days (normally much longer) prior to the event, and will contain the most current versions of all files required to race. Please make sure that you have read the briefing, have all the correct files installed, and most importantly join the practice server during the week and test that all is working properly BEFORE the race weekend starts. Once the race weekend starts no one will be able to help you in time for you to race, as they will be busy preparing their own race.

Event Details:

Server Name: CMS WRS 2017 Race
    Password: See THIS post
    Practice: 11:00pm CST US / 6:00pm UK / 7:00pm CET 40min
    Qualy: 11:40pm CST US / 6:40pm UK / 7.40pm CET 10min (Private - all classes)
    Warmup: 11:50pm CST US / 6:50pm UK / 7:50pm CET 10min
    Race: 12:00pm CST US / 7:00pm UK / 8:00pm CET 75min (1 mandatory pitstop)

Start Procedure:

A: For 2017, we will continue to use a modified rolling start. This will include a one-lap, single file rolling formation lap controlled by the race leader. At each track, an area (typically the last corner or something close) will be designated as the spot to accelerate to racing speed, with passes not allowed until crossing the start/finish line. A per-track Orange Zone will also still be in effect. If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end. The penalty for not doing this is no qualifying at your next event. If you cause an accident on the formation lap, you will be DQ'd from the race results, and will not be allowed to qualify at your next event.

B. Do not weave back and forth, abruptly speed up or slow down, or jam on the brakes in an attempt to warm your tires or brakes during the formation lap. This could easily cause an accident with another car.

C. Be advised that as the game places you on the grid the car directly in front of you is NOT the car that you qualified behind. It would be the car ahead and in the opposite lane.

D. As the leader starts rolling you need to allow the car in the row ahead and in the opposite lane to "fall in" behind the car directly ahead to achieve single file in the proper qualifying order.

E. If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end. The penalty for not doing this is a no qualify/drive thru at your next event. If you cause an accident on the formation lap, you will be DQ'd from the race results, and will receive a no qualify/drive thru at your next event.

The spot to accelerate to racing speed is when you reach the advert before the last corner

Driving Aids
    Flag rules: Black only
    Fuel Usage: Normal
    Damage: 60%.
    Tire Usage: Normal
    Mechanical Failure: Normal
    Race Start Time: 01:00 pm track time
    Race Time Scale: Normal
    Real Road: custom
    Driving Aids: Auto Clutch, Traction Control

Pitstop
    Drivers must do 1 mandatory pitstop.
    About the pitstop, no limitations, drivers could change or not tyres, but a minimum of 10 liters must be filled up.

Weather forecast:
    Clear skies with a high of 84F/29C. Humidity: 30%. Winds to the W @ 5mph/9kph. Chance of rain: 0%.

Please be advised that our race servers are set to "closed qualy". This means that once the server has moved to qualy session drivers can not join the server until warmup. So I highly recommend that everyone arrive during practice, ensure that your game and connection are looking solid and if not leave and rejoin BEFORE the end of practice, because once qualy has begun you will not be able to get back into the server until the warmup session. The main benefit of this is guys trying to concentrate on getting a good qualy lap will no longer be distracted by drivers leaving and joining the server.

Orange Zone Info: (What is an Orange Zone?)

When exit pits, stay at right, fast cars coming from behind

NOTES:

1. Track boundaries
    A. Unless otherwise specified in the driver briefing all CMS league wide rules and regs regarding track boundaries are in effect. Race replays are reviewed and anyone found to be routinely abusing the track limits will be DQ'd from the results.

Practice server now running for Paul Ricard!
    Jon Uyan likes this.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: CMS WRS 2017 S1 - 6º Paul Ricard - Driver Briefing (Required Reading) 14/05/2017 started by XAVI77 View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      XAVI77 -
      Drivers, next Sunday is race day.

Event Details:

Server Name: CMS WRS 2017 Race
      Password: See THIS post
      Practice: 11:00pm CST US / 6:00pm UK / 7:00pm CET 40min
      Qualy: 11:40pm CST US / 6:40pm UK / 7.40pm CET 10min (Private - all classes)
      Warmup: 11:50pm CST US / 6:50pm UK / 7:50pm CET 10min
      Race: 12:00pm CST US / 7:00pm UK / 8:00pm CET 75min (1 mandatory pitstop)

Start Procedure:

A: For 2017, we will continue to use a modified rolling start. This will include a one-lap, single file rolling formation lap controlled by the race leader (~100Km/h). At each track, an area (typically the last corner or something close) will be designated as the spot to accelerate to racing speed, with passes not allowed until crossing the start/finish line. A per-track Orange Zone will also still be in effect. If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end. The penalty for not doing this is no qualifying at your next event. If you cause an accident on the formation lap, you will be DQ'd from the race results, and will not be allowed to qualify at your next event.

B. Do not weave back and forth, abruptly speed up or slow down, or jam on the brakes in an attempt to warm your tires or brakes during the formation lap. This could easily cause an accident with another car.

C. Be advised that as the game places you on the grid the car directly in front of you is NOT the car that you qualified behind. It would be the car ahead and in the opposite lane.

D. As the leader starts rolling you need to allow the car in the row ahead and in the opposite lane to "fall in" behind the car directly ahead to achieve single file in the proper qualifying order.

E. If you lose control on the formation lap, you MUST let all cars pass and rejoin at the end. The penalty for not doing this is a no qualify/drive thru at your next event. If you cause an accident on the formation lap, you will be DQ'd from the race results, and will receive a no qualify/drive thru at your next event.

The spot to accelerate to racing speed is when you reach the advert before the last corner

Pitstop

Drivers must do 1 mandatory pitstop.
      About the pitstop, no limitations, drivers could change or not tyres, but a minimum of 10 liters must be filled up.

Driving Aids
      Flag rules: Black only
      Fuel Usage: Normal
      Damage: 60%.
      Tire Usage: Normal
      Mechanical Failure: Normal
      Race Start Time: 01:00 pm track time
      Race Time Scale: Normal
      Real Road: custom
      Driving Aids: Auto Clutch, Traction Control

Penalties from previous events

Z. Sternhagen NQS&H10 (No Qualify Stop & Hold 10 Seconds)

Warren McGarry NQSH10 (No Qualify Stop & Hold 10 Seconds)

See you on Sunday

Start lights for the WRS at Paul Ricard Circuit in...

Taner -
      I was obviously slow, had no chance to catch anyone. I actually mixed the date of the race. When I relized the race was yesterday in the last minute, then shocked : ) I knew the track new lay out. So, It was not problem but had lack of the race pace. Allthough, I managed to finish in same lap that is only happiness for this race : )
      Congratulations all participiants. Next track will be also competetive. Ill be ready better.
      Brian B -
      Another exciting race.

After getting pole I thought I would be able to create a small gap and get away, but Jon was able to pass me after a tiny mistake which made me almost spin in the end of the really long right turn after the straight. From there until the pitstops I was right behind him but never had a real chance to overtake because I had more downforce so I couldn't keep up on the straights.

After the pitstops I had lost about 10 seconds to Jon because I added way too much fuel (Thats what I get for driving on DX11 without Trackmap). With 10 minutes to go I finally caught Jon while he had caught Xavier turning it into a 3 car battle for P1. After some small racing incidents it was Jon who won with me right behind him.
      XAVI77 -
      Nice race last sunday

I've tried something different, not changing tyres and start with medium tyres, but Jon and Brian was quicker than i thought and reach me when 10 minutes to the end, then when they were around me i had some lag, that makes me crash with both (sorry).

Willing to race in Zandvoort and i'll try to fight for the win!!
      Xavier Pairó -
      Bad race for me. I thought had a good pace but I was very slow.
      The reality is that they are better pilots. More training is the only solution. Congratulations to all who remain on track
      Jon Uyan -
      After Jerez another very exciting race despite only 5 drivers competing. Softs are the choice for compound as long as you can protect them. I did stretch my first stint to 30 laps, one lap longer than Brian and managed to come out 9 seconds in front of him keeping P1. Settled to a comfortable pace being easy on the tires and watched Brian slowly closed the gap to about 3 seconds. I was sure late-stopper Xavi was not going to be a problem with his worn hard tires but when he came out of his pit stop in front of us I knew I had to pass him quick, so Brian could not squeeze by unexpectedly.

Next lap I out braked Xavi into T1 but we touched after the apex, I got the spin and gravel trap, dropped to P3, Brian immediately went after Xavi but now he was putting up a fight with him. I was glad he did not wait for me. Sure enough similar incident happened at Courbe de Signes, this time Brian was the one who spun and I passed both for P1, order was restored in an intricate and dramatic way Last two laps I kept my ~2 sec gap to Brian bringing P1 home.